Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is The Doctor Asexual?

Twitter
    wavilyemily

Default Is The Doctor Asexual?

I read this entry on a queer blog this morning and was wondering what folks think about The Doctor's sexuality (or lack thereof)

http://theonepercentclub.blogspot.co...octor-who.html

There is somewhat of an argument to be made on that topic. In all the time we have known the doctor, he has never, to our knowledge, performed any sexual act. He was, however, in love with Sara Jane Smith, and he absolutely loved Rose Tylor.
    We do know that the Doctor at one time had a wife and children. It was their deaths in the "time war' that fuel both his rage and his absolute devotion to solving things without violence.

It's funny though, This was never a topic when the Actor that plays the doctor was older. It is only since they have cast better looking, younger men that people have taken notice of his lack of sexual activity.

good topic.

Gamertag
    wydelode
    Twitter
    crow30

The Doctor is *not* asexual, just not given to fits of lust. He has had at least two daughters, one in the old and one in the new series, and mentions of a wife that died. I do not know if the wife bore both daughters...

Thomas Lanphier
    http://redgatesite.com

the Doctor's daughter in the new series was created by a clone machine. we saw that one happen, no Mom involved.

I can not think of the episode that he finally talks about his wife and child, but it seem that his wife was the mother of his child.

Alpaca Prime The Naughtiest Monkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wavilyem View Post
    I read this entry on a queer blog this morning and was wondering what folks think about The Doctor's sexuality (or lack thereof)

http://theonepercentclub.blogspot.co...octor-who.html
    The Doctor is definitely asexual... a sexual DYNAMO!

Seriously though, he's been married, had children, at least one grandchild and eventually marries River Song, all referenced or appeared on TV, so are canon.

In the New Adventures, which were at one point canon, he (as Doctor 8) sleeps with Benny Sumerfield.

The New Adventures make Gallifrey culture a bit different than expected, as all Gallifreyans are sterile, and unable to reproduce without "The Great Genetic looms", I'd go on, but really, you should just read The New Adventures, because they really are about 90% great, and VERY revealing.

Twitter
    wavilyemily

Quote Originally Posted by The Naughtiest Monkey View Post
    Seriously though, he's been married, had children, at least one grandchild and eventually marries River Song, all referenced or appeared on TV, so are canon.
    Hmm, I only started watching during the Christopher Eccleston series so I didn't realize he had so many family ties in his past. But if you look at each regenerated Doctor as having a different personality (kinda like Trills do in Star Trek), I think one can argue the case for the relationship between the David Tennant Doctor and Rose being strong and intense yet not sexual.

The Phaeton, Corridor 6-1, in the Western Spiral Arm, orbiting a blue-green planet called Erf.

The Doc's definitely hetero, for all the reasons listed above... but Tennet personally seems to be very attractive to both straight and gay, which seems to be the driving force behind this question. This blog writer self-admittedly is not much of a fan, so she evidently doesn't know much about the Doctor.
    This Very Special Post is brought to you in part by:
    Felgercarb Toothpaste: New Cool-Mint Algae!
    Cottle Pharmaceuticals: It's Medicinal (TM)
    Massive Dynamic: Give Your Kids A Head-Start With Cortexiphan

To Galactica: the best ship in the Fleet.

Quote Originally Posted by THX1966 View Post
    the Doctor's daughter in the new series was created by a clone machine. we saw that one happen, no Mom involved.

I can not think of the episode that he finally talks about his wife and child, but it seem that his wife was the mother of his child.
    Coincidentally, I just watched that episode last night "The Doctor's Daughter".
    Quite awesome. And she's a cutie.

Sir Patrick Stewart “You know, I’ve sat in a movie director’s office and he’s said to me ‘you’re a terrific actor, I really admire you. You’d be great for this role, but why would I want Jean Luc Picard in my movie?”

Chris Hardwick “What?! Someone said that to your face? You’re a Knight now. You should run him through with a broadsword.”

-- form the Nerdist podcast, number 121 at 32:15

Alpaca Prime The Naughtiest Monkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThotFullGuy View Post
    And she's really A doctors daughter,

Quote Originally Posted by ThotFullGuy View Post
    Yes she was. Maybe we will see her again

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast