PDA

View Full Version : NYC Meetup in May

BadgerSpoon
March 21st, 2010, 11:03 PM
There's been some discussion lately about getting together in NYC to see Iron Man 2, which comes out May 7th. Would that day work or would Saturday the 8th be better? Thots? Opinions? Dessert recipes?

fastcart
March 22nd, 2010, 12:53 AM
There's been some discussion lately about getting together in NYC to see Iron Man 2, which comes out May 7th. Would that day work or would Saturday the 8th be better? Thots? Opinions? Dessert recipes?

My Cart Roadkill Special is great with A1 sauce.

Would like to come, but money will be tight.

Default Prophet
March 22nd, 2010, 12:58 AM
I personally would rather go into the city at like lunch time on saturday rather than after work on Friday

BadgerSpoon
March 22nd, 2010, 01:27 AM
I personally would rather go into the city at like lunch time on saturday rather than after work on Friday

Either works for me (as I'd be taking off the entire day either way). I tend to think that Saturday would work better for most, but that's why I asked. :)

frakkintalos
March 22nd, 2010, 01:27 PM

Ditto that. Saturday.

ATGreat
March 22nd, 2010, 06:32 PM
I have to take the day off of work either way, but since it looked like Saturday would be the day, I already asked for Saturday off. :)

wavilyem
March 22nd, 2010, 10:14 PM
I'm game if it's on Saturday.

Default Prophet
March 22nd, 2010, 10:17 PM
Not gonna lie I might have to see it thursday night and then again on saturday though!

wavilyem
March 22nd, 2010, 10:28 PM
Not gonna lie I might have to see it thursday night and then again on saturday though!

That's exactly what I did for Star Trek. Go for it!

Raemani
March 22nd, 2010, 11:09 PM
Like I said on Twitter, as long as I get a chance to see the first one, and it is on Sat I will do my best to be there.

That's exactly what I did for Star Trek. Go for it!

Yeah, but didn't you see it in 2 different states from Thurs to Sat.

wavilyem
March 23rd, 2010, 06:23 AM
Yeah, but didn't you see it in 2 different states from Thurs to Sat.

Yes, and by the time I saw it a third time I was in a state of confusion :)

Solai
March 23rd, 2010, 07:37 AM
Two strikes against this for me: Weekday lunch works better for me and Mrs. Solai wants to see Iron Man.

Have fun! Take pictures!

Chuck
March 23rd, 2010, 10:03 AM
Damn I wish I could see Iron Man 2 with all of you. Nobody does a movie premiere like the NYC Crue. Nobody!

Gryper
March 23rd, 2010, 10:16 AM
Like I said on Twitter, as long as I get a chance to see the first one, and it is on Sat I will do my best to be there.

PM me your mailing address and I'll send you my DVD. :D You'll have all of April to find time to view it before IM2 comes out.

Pike
March 23rd, 2010, 10:33 AM
I could do Amtrak. Theoretically.

BadgerSpoon
March 26th, 2010, 09:08 PM
I could do Amtrak. Theoretically.

Anywhere is walking distance if you have the time. :)

Pike
March 26th, 2010, 09:11 PM
Anywhere is walking distance if you have the time. :)

I'd have to start soon...

LisaMarie
March 28th, 2010, 12:14 PM
Saturday would work the best for me. Can't wait to catch up with the NYC gang. With it being premiere weekend it will be fun to be in Times Square

ATGreat
April 14th, 2010, 09:02 PM
We have less than one month to go before May 8th. We should start planning ticket purchases and meeting times.

ATGreat
April 21st, 2010, 08:40 PM
We are just over two weeks away from May 8th. Are we still on for the meetup, or are we going for a plan B?

Default Prophet
April 21st, 2010, 09:04 PM
What's plan b?

ATGreat
April 21st, 2010, 09:14 PM
What's plan b?

Kill everyone, and blow the place sky high ...

BadgerSpoon
April 21st, 2010, 09:24 PM
Kill everyone, and blow the place sky high ...

That hardly ever works. Let's go with Plan A.

Pike
April 21st, 2010, 09:29 PM
That hardly ever works. Let's go with Plan A.

Plan A *never* works. That's why we have Plan Bs.

frakkintalos
April 21st, 2010, 09:36 PM
Plans. Schmans. May 8th. Iron Man 2. Be there.

Well, I will be.

ATGreat
April 21st, 2010, 09:38 PM
Plans. Schmans. May 8th. Iron Man 2. Be there.

Well, I will be.

Issue #2: What time?

ANd What's the link to the ticket site?

Raemani
April 21st, 2010, 09:43 PM
I am still planning on coming up. But it doesn't seem show times are published yet. I know when we were planning Transformers it wasn't posted until like a week before.

So I guess we should decide:

1. What time frame works best?
2. Where are we seeing it?
3. IMAX or non Imax (assuming this is even an option)
4. Lunch before or dinner after?

My opinions:

1. Early - mid afternoon
2. Not too picky about place as long as accessible to subway
3. I would prefer non-Imax only because the last couple times we sat too close and it was hard to watch
4. No really opinion - lunch if we go to a latter showing, afterwords if we go to an earlier showing.

FYI - I posed the same questions to the members of the crue who don't stop by here as often (Steviespin, Yorrick, and Tanu)

Default Prophet
April 21st, 2010, 09:47 PM
I am still planning on coming up. But it doesn't seem show times are published yet. I know when we were planning Transformers it wasn't posted until like a week before.

My opinions:

1. Early - mid afternoon
3. I would prefer non-Imax only because the last couple times we sat too close and it was hard to watch
4. No really opinion - lunch if we go to a latter showing, afterwords if we go to an earlier showing.

1. Agreed
2. Agreed
3. We haven't really seen real imax though, love to go down to what is it Lincoln Center for the real IMAX
4. Dinner, hit up Tir Na Nog imo

ATGreat
April 21st, 2010, 10:09 PM

My opinions:

1. Early - mid afternoon

FYI - I posed the same questions to the members of the crue who don't stop by here as often (Steviespin, Yorrick, and Tanu)

1. Agreed shoot for a 1:30-3PM start time.
2 - 3. The Time Square theater is traditional, we could see it in one of the other 24 theaters or sit farther back. Plus it's Times Square. :) An alternate theater, I would like something that is either close to a subway or easy walk between Penn and Grand Central stations. (I know, that still is a lot of area.)
4. The sandwich place was good for the pre-movie snack/lunch, After the movie, I would like something a little more sit-downy and not so much fastfoody, like the Irish pub we did last year. A friend of mine knows a good Italian place close to Times Square, I just don't remember the name of it. No Seafood places for me though.

Default Prophet
April 22nd, 2010, 09:05 AM
2 - 3. The Time Square theater is traditional, we could see it in one of the other 24 theaters or sit farther back. Plus it's Times Square. :) An alternate theater, I would like something that is either close to a subway or easy walk between Penn and Grand Central stations. (I know, that still is a lot of area.)
4. The sandwich place was good for the pre-movie snack/lunch, After the movie, I would like something a little more sit-downy and not so much fastfoody, like the Irish pub we did last year. A friend of mine knows a good Italian place close to Times Square, I just don't remember the name of it. No Seafood places for me though.

Get some people drunk enough and everything becomes seefood ahyuck hyuck hyuck

wavilyem
April 22nd, 2010, 09:02 PM

That all sounds good to me! I liked the pub we were at last year until the music started getting loud towards the end.

Craprica
April 22nd, 2010, 09:33 PM
just thot i'd forward on some info / opnion

I havent been following the thread cause i probably can't make it, but I'm guessing the plan is to see Iron man 2. I IMPLORE you, i BEG you, i PLEAD of you... see it at new york's one true IMAX screen, at the Lincoln square imax on 68th street on broadway. Times sq is great n all, but not only have you done it before... the difference is absolutely amazing.

Tickets for Iron man 2 will go on sale tuesday april 27th there and online, so if you guys are planning to see it that saturday, you definitely want to buy the tickets as soon as they become available! (granted it was avatar, but the imax was sold out in every showtime for over a month after tickets went on sale, so you neeed to get in there early.) I suggest you figure things out so one person buys tickets for everyone and gets paid back. I'm going to see it with a bunch of friends and that's what I'm doing, and why i know specifics about this theater n such.

anyways i hope you all have a blast whatever happens, but just putting in my 10 cents.

ATGreat
April 24th, 2010, 08:27 PM
OK, time to put some money on the table.

Gatherings at Grand Central, and Penn Stations with the final pre-movie gathering at the sandwich place across the street.

The Time Square Theater, normal screen, or if we go IMax we sit in the back, show time between 1-2:30 if possible.

Dinner still to be decided.

Counter suggestions?

wavilyem
April 25th, 2010, 08:10 AM
OK, time to put some money on the table.

Gatherings at Grand Central, and Penn Stations with the final pre-movie gathering at the sandwich place across the street.

The Time Square Theater, normal screen, or if we go IMax we sit in the back, show time between 1-2:30 if possible.

Dinner still to be decided.

Counter suggestions?

So I tried to look online and find out the schedule for the Times Square theater on the 8th, but they don't have it available yet. However I do have a counter-offer for you, ATG. There's a theater at 34th and 8th Ave ("AMC Loews 34th Street 14") close to Penn station that already has tickets for a 1:45 show on sale through Fandando for $12.50. That'll probably mean a subway ride coming from Grand Central and finding a place to get lunch closer to Penn station but at least we'd be able to order tickets now and make sure we all have seats in the same theater.

ATGreat
April 25th, 2010, 10:24 PM
Wavilyem, Sounds like a good alternative. The tickets for the Times Square theater are supposed to go on sale on Tuesday. Do we wait for Tuesday or go with Loews 34th street? I'm good either way, I'm getting better with the subway system so that bit is no problem with me. Also, it is closer to the Irish pub from last time. (Anyone remember the name of the place?)

Anyone one else have a strong preference either way or another suggestion?

Default Prophet
April 26th, 2010, 08:33 AM
Wavilyem, Sounds like a good alternative. The tickets for the Times Square theater are supposed to go on sale on Tuesday. Do we wait for Tuesday or go with Loews 34th street? I'm good either way, I'm getting better with the subway system so that bit is no problem with me. Also, it is closer to the Irish pub from last time. (Anyone remember the name of the place?)

Anyone one else have a strong preference either way or another suggestion?

First one we went to was Stouts. Second one was Tir Na Nog

Janitorbob
April 26th, 2010, 06:15 PM
I'm considering coming in for the NY meetup for Iron Man, I have that weekend off. It's about a 6 hour drive for me to Philly.
I can meetup with Philly crue and they can help me find my way since I am a poor country boy who would get lost in the city.
Anybody know of a reasonably priced place for me to stay in Philly?

Default Prophet
April 26th, 2010, 06:49 PM
I'm considering coming in for the NY meetup for Iron Man, I have that weekend off. It's about a 6 hour drive for me to Philly.
I can meetup with Philly crue and they can help me find my way since I am a poor country boy who would get lost in the city.

Make Rachel come with you

I think we should go with the same basic plan as the Transformers 2 meetup. So uh....crap I forget the name of the place, the sammich place, times square theater, and then Stouts. Possibly followed by Tir Na Nog =D

BadgerSpoon
April 26th, 2010, 07:00 PM

Raemani is your guide there. I'll be driving up to her house, and then we'll take the train to NYC. She lives outside Philly, so lodging is probably a bit more reasonable than it would be in Philly.

Raemani
April 26th, 2010, 08:55 PM
First one we went to was Stouts. Second one was Tir Na Nog

Both of these are close to Penn Station, and both seemed cool. The food was good at Stouts, and although we didn't get to eat at Tir Na Nog it seemed like a cool place and the waitress' accents were amazing.

You are more then welcome to meet us here and we can all take the train up from Hamilton, NJ - which is about 30 min from my house.

There are lots of relatively inexpensive hotels in this area - Bensalem (not that I have stayed in any personally):

These are the 3 that I know are not too scary and close to the turnpike)
Red Roof Inn Trevose - $63/night
Holiday Inn Street Rd - $91/night
Quality Inn Street Rd - $90/night

There are a couple that may be cheaper, but scary.

If it weren't that mothers day was the next day and we are getting up early to leave to drive to Baltimore you could have stayed at my house.

Default Prophet
April 27th, 2010, 08:48 AM
Soooooo it's tuesday, and I'm not seeing a schedule for I believe the times square theater, AMC Empire 25 right?

ATGreat
April 27th, 2010, 08:16 PM
The AMC 25 theater is only listing one movie for that Saturday. So it isn't sold out yet, ;) but do we wait another day or two or gather the list of alternative theaters?

Janitorbob
April 27th, 2010, 11:21 PM
Looks like I'll be joining you guys for the meetup. Let me know when and where to get a ticket when they're available.

Default Prophet
April 28th, 2010, 08:11 AM
Woooooooo Jbob in the big apple

Raemani
April 30th, 2010, 07:15 PM
Did we ever decide where we were seeing it?

Times Square doesn't have showings listed yet, but Loews on 34th has a 1 pm and 4 pm for the Imax and 1:45 and 4:45 for non-imax.

I would say go for the 4, just to give people time to get there who are coming some distance, otherwise we will be catching trains at 10 am, meaning Em and Badger will have to leave their houses really early.

But that means it will be almost 7 before we can head for dinner, but we could sight see a little before the movie....

(I am having a very indecisive day)

wavilyem
April 30th, 2010, 08:24 PM
Did we ever decide where we were seeing it?

Times Square doesn't have showings listed yet, but Loews on 34th has a 1 pm and 4 pm for the Imax and 1:45 and 4:45 for non-imax.

I would say go for the 4, just to give people time to get there who are coming some distance, otherwise we will be catching trains at 10 am, meaning Em and Badger will have to leave their houses really early.

But that means it will be almost 7 before we can head for dinner, but we could sight see a little before the movie....

(I am having a very indecisive day)

I can't speak for everyone, but I sure don't mind getting up early to make the 1:45 show on 34th St.

BadgerSpoon
April 30th, 2010, 08:29 PM
I can't speak for everyone, but I sure don't mind getting up early to make the 1:45 show on 34th St.

I'd have to leave by 7:30 (at the latest) to make the 10 AM train from Hamilton. Considering that I was so excited about the last NYC meetup that I was wide awake before my alarm went off at 6, I don't foresee that being a problem. :p

ATGreat
April 30th, 2010, 08:41 PM
I personnaly would prefer the 1:45 show, but I'm OK with any of the times. When do we want to make the final decision on theater and time? How about we make our final decision by Sunday 11PM?

Raemani
April 30th, 2010, 08:43 PM
I'd have to leave by 7:30 (at the latest) to make the 10 AM train from Hamilton. Considering that I was so excited about the last NYC meetup that I was wide awake before my alarm went off at 6, I don't foresee that being a problem. :p

Well you two were the ones I was concerned about....

So if we make the decision then Badger you will need to be at my house by 9:30 (at the latest) to make the 10:07 train (we would arrive in NYC at 11:34 or we take the 10:37 train and arrive at 11:54. That would give us a little time to grab a bite to eat (where I am not sure as there isn't a whole lot of quick restaurants near Penn, and this theater is closer to Penn - althrough there are some places in Penn to grab food).

So decision time - 1:45 at 34th street (the is the non Imax showing), or do we wait to see what the times are in Times Square?

wavilyem
May 1st, 2010, 06:32 AM
So decision time - 1:45 at 34th street (the is the non Imax showing), or do we wait to see what the times are in Times Square?

I vote for just buying tickets for the 1:45 at 34th. We've waited long enough for the Times Square to sell tickets and as of a week in advance they still aren't apparently.

frakkintalos
May 1st, 2010, 06:55 AM
I vote for just buying tickets for the 1:45 at 34th. We've waited long enough for the Times Square to sell tickets and as of a week in advance they still aren't apparently.

I agree. Everyone post a yay or nay. I vote Yay for the 1:45 @ 34th. Once a consenus is made, I'm planning on buying Monday morning.

Janitorbob
May 1st, 2010, 10:18 AM
Whatever time work for you guys. Just tell me where to order tickets from, what theater, and what time.

ATGreat
May 1st, 2010, 08:11 PM
I vote for 1:45 at the 34th street theater.
I'll defer any other organizing decisions for the meetup to Rai.
Can someone post a link for the tickets?

Grand Central Station people, post what time you are getting in, I'm a little more flexible in getting in to the station and meet you there.

Raemani
May 1st, 2010, 09:41 PM
Well it sounds like we pretty much have a consensus.

So 1:45 pm at the Lowes 34th street Theater.

http://www.amcentertainment.com/34thStreet/

I am hoping one of the new york GWCers can suggest a meeting spot for me, since most of the places we have meet before are up in Times Sq. I will post once I figure it out.

We will figure out dinner from there, but both places mentioned earlier are close to there (Stouts and Tir Na Nog).

Head_Lance and Badger - I am thinking that it will be best to meet at Head Lances hotel (it is closer to the turnpike and on the road we need to take to the train station). So 9:30 at Red Roof Inn Trevose work for you two?

That will get us into the city between an hour and 45 min to 2 hours before the movie.

Since it is Head_Lance's first time in the city, we should probably try and show him a few of the sites after the movie before it gets dark...idea's anyone? Head_Lance - anything you really want to see while there? Just so I can get directions or at least general locations?

Times Sq, Empire State Building and Rockefeller Center are sort of walking distance. Central Park and the Twin Towers sites would be subway rides. Thots?

wavilyem
May 1st, 2010, 10:02 PM

I am hoping one of the new york GWCers can suggest a meeting spot for me, since most of the places we have meet before are up in Times Sq. I will post once I figure it out.

Sweet -- I just bought my ticket! I figure one of the native New Yorkers will be able to scope out a meeting spot for us.

Since it is Head_Lance's first time in the city, we should probably try and show him a few of the sites after the movie before it gets dark...idea's anyone? Head_Lance - anything you really want to see while there? Just so I can get directions or at least general locations?

Times Sq, Empire State Building and Rockefeller Center are sort of walking distance. Central Park and the Twin Towers sites would be subway rides. Thots?

I haven't been through Central Park in a while and would love to take a walk through. There's also a gianormous FAO Schwarz on the very southwest corner (59th and 5th) that's a lot of fun just to browse in.

Grand Central Station people, post what time you are getting in, I'm a little more flexible in getting in to the station and meet you there.

Actually, I'm going to take a bus from Boston this time since it's a lot cheaper for me. So I think you're on your own from Grand Central unless Topgun or Lisa are coming.

ATGreat
May 1st, 2010, 10:13 PM

We will figure out dinner from there, but both places mentioned earlier are close to there (Stouts and Tir Na Nog).

Head_Lance and Badger - I am thinking that it will be best to meet at Head Lances hotel (it is closer to the turnpike and on the road we need to take to the train station). So 9:30 at Red Roof Inn Trevose work for you two?

That will get us into the city between an hour and 45 min to 2 hours before the movie.

Depending on what time we meetup at GCS, it may be better for us to meet the Penn group at Penn station, since the theater is about a block and a half away from there. Is there any good place to eat at Penn Station?

We'll have about two hours of daylight after the movie, which will only be one site to visit. Most museums would be out, so I would recommend either the Empire State Building or Times Square. Then we could have dinner at the the Irish pub or someplace around Times Square.

Raemani
May 1st, 2010, 10:17 PM
Depending on what time we meetup at GCS, it may be better for us to meet the Penn group at Penn station, since the theater is about a block and a half away from there. Is there any good place to eat at Penn Station?

We'll have about two hours of daylight after the movie, which will only be one site to visit. Most museums would be out, so I would recommend either the Empire State Building or Times Square. Then we could have dinner at the the Irish pub or someplace around Times Square.
Well I would say Times Sq is more interesting at night - with all the lights and such. The Empire State Building is pricey if we actually go up in it, but it is a possibility.

Like I said I have been to all of these places so I am game for pretty much anything.

ATGreat
May 1st, 2010, 10:31 PM
Well I would say Times Sq is more interesting at night - with all the lights and such. The Empire State Building is pricey if we actually go up in it, but it is a possibility.

Like I said I have been to all of these places so I am game for pretty much anything.

If it isn't raining, I would recommend Times Square myself.

LisaMarie
May 2nd, 2010, 06:31 AM
Hi all -

Just got my tickets to the theater for Saturday. What time are you guys planning on arriving in Penn Station?

I can take Amtrak rather than Metro North to get into the city and then take Metro North home that night as there are more train time choices.

Thanks

Lisa

Janitorbob
May 2nd, 2010, 10:31 AM
Ticket purchased.

I'm up for just about anything. So I'll leave it up to you guys, you know where your going, I don't. Times Square, Empire State Building, or Central Park doesn't matter to me.

BadgerSpoon
May 2nd, 2010, 12:02 PM

So we're opting for non-IMAX, then?

This is the right place?

Red Roof (http://redroof.com/reservations/property-detail.aspx?pid=00185&tab=3#tab)

Raemani
May 2nd, 2010, 12:53 PM
So we're opting for non-IMAX, then?

This is the right place?

Red Roof (http://redroof.com/reservations/property-detail.aspx?pid=00185&tab=3#tab)

Yup, non-Imax.

And you got it. You need to go south on Rt 1 (the exit to the right after the toll booths). It will be the first or second entrance on your right. If you get to the light you went too far

LisaMarie
May 2nd, 2010, 01:03 PM
Rae - what time are you guys getting into Penn 11:30 ish?

BadgerSpoon
May 2nd, 2010, 01:09 PM
Yup, non-Imax.

And you got it. You need to go south on Rt 1 (the exit to the right after the toll booths). It will be the first or second entrance on your right. If you get to the light you went too far

Okeydokey! Ticket purchased. Hotel added to iPhone. :)

Raemani
May 2nd, 2010, 04:41 PM
Rae - what time are you guys getting into Penn 11:30 ish?

Between 11:30 and 12 - depending on if we make the first train I am hoping to make or not...

LisaMarie
May 2nd, 2010, 05:42 PM
Sounds good, that is what I will plan from New Haven

frakkintalos
May 2nd, 2010, 08:12 PM
Not to get everyone alarmed. Just heard this news.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/03/nyregion/03threat.html

Raemani
May 2nd, 2010, 08:34 PM
And tickets purchased...now just to figure out where to meet. I am thinking that we may want to think about the big open area of Penn Station - Amtrack on one side, NJ transit on another and the ACE lines come from that direction too. The 123 are closer to 7th ave.

BadgerSpoon
May 2nd, 2010, 08:53 PM
Not to get everyone alarmed. Just heard this news.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/03/nyregion/03threat.html

OK, the next meetup is here, safe in the middle of Amish country. :p

fastcart
May 2nd, 2010, 10:32 PM

You kidding? The Amish are downright gansta. Ever listened to Amish Paradise?

Janitorbob
May 3rd, 2010, 01:44 AM

I suggest Frizzleburg, PA (http://www.pulaskitownship.com/frizzleburghistory.htm) for the next meet-up. No one, anywhere, could have any reason to blow up this little podunk town.

orionpax
May 3rd, 2010, 07:56 AM
I suggest Frizzleburg, PA (http://www.pulaskitownship.com/frizzleburghistory.htm) for the next meet-up. No one, anywhere, could have any reason to blow up this little podunk town.

And that's exactly why all the radiation badges are turning black there.:D:p

ATGreat
May 3rd, 2010, 11:30 AM
Got my ticket.
Em and Topgun, let me know what time your train is coming in to GC, I'll meet you there and we can take the subway to Penn. At the moment, I'm shooting to get into GC around 10:30-11:00, that should give us enough time to get to Penn and still have lunch with the Penn gang.

frakkintalos
May 3rd, 2010, 06:22 PM
Awww craaaap. I've got family issues. Can't make it. Y'all have fun.

Raemani
May 3rd, 2010, 06:30 PM

:( That sucks. If it clears up or you are able to join us later just give us a call.

There is always next time.

ATGreat
May 3rd, 2010, 06:49 PM

Arrg, serious bummer. Goes with some secondary bummer news for me. Gonna miss you at the meetup, how you can make it for the second round. :(

LisaMarie
May 5th, 2010, 05:15 AM

Ah bummer Talos....hope all is okay or gets better soon

ATGreat
May 5th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Wavilyem, Topgun, LisaMarie are all of you coming into Grand Central or Penn? Is there anyone else coming into Grand Central?

Topgun
May 5th, 2010, 01:30 PM
Wavilyem, Topgun, LisaMarie are all of you coming into Grand Central or Penn? Is there anyone else coming into Grand Central?

I won't be making the NYC Meet, but I know you guys will have a blast. :D

Pike
May 5th, 2010, 01:32 PM
FWIW, I won't be making it either.

Bright spot is that the local theater will have Iron Man, so, there's that.

Default Prophet
May 5th, 2010, 03:07 PM

I will never meet Pike. frowny face

Topgun
May 5th, 2010, 03:13 PM
I will never meet Pike. frowny face

Has anyone in the GWC camp actually seen Pike? I'm starting to think he
may just be a very cleverly-written program hidden somewhere in the Fort Meade supercomputer hard drives.

frakkintalos
May 5th, 2010, 03:21 PM
may just be a very cleverly-written program hidden somewhere in the Fort Meade supercomputer hard drives.

Armando holds the esteem privilege of being the only one.

Topgun
May 5th, 2010, 03:23 PM
Armando holds the esteem privilege of being the only one.

Uh huh.
I've never seen him either. :rolleyes:

frakkintalos
May 5th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Uh huh.
I've never seen him either. :rolleyes:

I met Armando a few weeks back. He exists.

Skeptic!

Janitorbob
May 5th, 2010, 04:14 PM

Skynet, maybe?

LisaMarie
May 5th, 2010, 05:00 PM

Right now I am planning on taking Amtrak and coming into Penn, as it is closer to the theater and where most people are meeting. The bad news is there is something brewing at work, so I might have to bag this weekend. I'll know better tomorrow.

ATGreat
May 5th, 2010, 05:45 PM
I won't be making the NYC Meet, but I know you guys will have a blast. :D

Serious Bummer!

Serious Bummer again!

Right now I am planning on taking Amtrak and coming into Penn, as it is closer to the theater and where most people are meeting. The bad news is there is something brewing at work, so I might have to bag this weekend. I'll know better tomorrow.

Don't break my heart Lisa! ;)

I was going to bring a date to the meetup, but she has plans with her Mother. (Note for next time, don't plan premiers on Mother's day weekend) I was able to plan something with my Mom for Monday, so I'm still going. Anyway, unless Wavilyem is coming in to CG instead of Penn, I'll hoof it right to Penn as soon as I get to the the city.

What time is everyone getting in?

Pike
May 5th, 2010, 05:55 PM
I met Armando a few weeks back. He exists.

If you believe 'Talos exists, you'll believe anything...

ATGreat
May 5th, 2010, 08:12 PM
If you believe 'Talos exists, you'll believe anything...

I've seen 'Talos! Mind you I was REALLY high at the time, and there were bunny ears everywhere.

fastcart
May 5th, 2010, 09:39 PM
I've seen 'Talos! Mind you I was REALLY high at the time, and there were bunny ears everywhere.

I've got a theory
It could be bunnies

Bunnies aren't just cute as everybody supposes
They got them hoppy legs and twitchy little noses
And what's with all the carrots?
What do they need such good eyesight for anyway?
Bunnies, bunnies
It must be bunnies

Or maybe midgets?

The little man loved fire.

See what I did there?

ATGreat
May 5th, 2010, 10:02 PM
I've got a theory
It could be bunnies

Bunnies aren't just cute as everybody supposes
They got them hoppy legs and twitchy little noses
And what's with all the carrots?
What do they need such good eyesight for anyway?
Bunnies, bunnies
It must be bunnies

Or maybe midgets?

The little man loved fire.

See what I did there?

You post the Anya Aria from "Once More With Feeling" and you don't join us for the Buffy-Angel Wednsday Night Frak party?

Shame on you.

fastcart
May 5th, 2010, 10:45 PM
You post the Anya Aria from "Once More With Feeling" and you don't join us for the Buffy-Angel Wednsday Night Frak party?

Shame on you.
I don't have the DVDs. Love the shows though.

wavilyem
May 6th, 2010, 06:24 AM
I was going to bring a date to the meetup, but she has plans with her Mother. (Note for next time, don't plan premiers on Mother's day weekend) I was able to plan something with my Mom for Monday, so I'm still going. Anyway, unless Wavilyem is coming in to CG instead of Penn, I'll hoof it right to Penn as soon as I get to the the city.

Yeah, I'm taking a bus that drops off near Penn so that would be a good idea. Or take the shuttle to Times Square and the 1, 2, or 3 down to Penn -- either way.

ATGreat
May 6th, 2010, 08:38 PM
Yeah, I'm taking a bus that drops off near Penn so that would be a good idea. Or take the shuttle to Times Square and the 1, 2, or 3 down to Penn -- either way.

I learned the Subway system last year and actually have a lot of fun riding it. :)
Em, if you do come in at CG, let me know, otherwise I'll meet you at Penn.

Lady D
May 6th, 2010, 09:06 PM
I don't have the DVDs. Love the shows though.
got netflix? all 7 seasons and 5 of Angel on Instant Watch!!

Default Prophet
May 7th, 2010, 09:04 AM
Hey so when are we meeting up at Penn?

LisaMarie
May 7th, 2010, 04:24 PM
I am not going to make tomorrow's trip. The work issue that I was concerned about is going to keep me here this wknd. Will miss you guys. :(

Raemani
May 7th, 2010, 05:15 PM
Hey so when are we meeting up at Penn?

Well I know only limited places. If it is nice I say we meet at the steps in front of the Borders book (7th and 33rd). If it is raining then how about the rotunda area in Penn - near Amtrak and just up from NJ transit.

Coming from the ACE or Amtrak head toward 7th Ave, if you are coming from the 123 or NJ transit head toward the ACE and it is a big open area.

That work or any one have any other ideas?

Default Prophet
May 7th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Well I know only limited places. If it is nice I say we meet at the steps in front of the Borders book (7th and 33rd). If it is raining then how about the rotunda area in Penn - near Amtrak and just up from NJ transit.

Coming from the ACE or Amtrak head toward 7th Ave, if you are coming from the 123 or NJ transit head toward the ACE and it is a big open area.

That work or any one have any other ideas?

When darling not where but sunny Borders, not sunny Rotunda sounds good

Raemani
May 7th, 2010, 05:31 PM
When darling not where but sunny Borders, not sunny Rotunda sounds good

Hehehe I should learn to read completely....and we had posted it earlier, so I guess I figured everyone knew when...

We should be getting in between 11:30 and 12 depending on the if we make the earlier train or not.

Depends on when Badger arrives at the hotel to meet me and J-Bob.

fastcart
May 11th, 2010, 09:55 AM
got netflix? all 7 seasons and 5 of Angel on Instant Watch!!
No, no netflix.

Anyway, sorry I couldn't make it, but Jetblue had a special ($54 each way to/from Richmond, VA) and I decided to visit Mom and family for Mother's Day instead.

Hope you guys had fun.