PDA

View Full Version : NYC in October

madamruppy
March 30th, 2010, 10:52 AM
Anyone think they would be up for a meet up in NYC in October? No particular date in mind - other than a weekend. I’ve convinced the hubby that it would be fun. So, who’s up for it?

Pike
March 30th, 2010, 11:15 AM
I'm always a possible, but so far no go.

ATGreat
March 30th, 2010, 08:55 PM
I'll probably be there. Too early for me to plan anything specific, but early in the month should be fine for me.

Raemani
March 30th, 2010, 09:23 PM
It is a long way away, but I think I could come up in Oct. Nothing in the calendar as of yet.

Keep us updated

madamruppy
March 31st, 2010, 08:15 AM
I just have to plan that far ahead to make sure we have the money. We cant do it sooner - well maybe late September - because of his job. I already travel enough without him, I want to include the hubby in something.

Raemani
March 31st, 2010, 02:51 PM
I just have to plan that far ahead to make sure we have the money. We cant do it sooner - well maybe late September - because of his job. I already travel enough without him, I want to include the hubby in something.

I understand completely, it is much less expensive for me to come that way (20 for round trip train fare, plus the little bit of gas to get to the train station) - so I can get there any time. Just if it is a week day I need to know far enough ahead of time to take the day off.

And October will be a pretty time to have a picnic in Central Park (we did that last year near the end of the year).

ATGreat
March 31st, 2010, 07:57 PM
I understand completely, it is much less expensive for me to come that way (20 for round trip train fare, plus the little bit of gas to get to the train station) - so I can get there any time. Just if it is a week day I need to know far enough ahead of time to take the day off.

And October will be a pretty time to have a picnic in Central Park (we did that last year near the end of the year).

Oooh, and another trip to the American Museum of Natural History! We might be able to see the 2/3rds of the museum that we missed last time. :) Or we could try the Museum of Modern Art. Or a plan C...

Donal
July 19th, 2010, 07:59 AM
Sorry for necromancy, but I figured you might like to know NY Comic Con (http://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/) is the weekend of October 8.

I know it's a weekend, but maybe something can be figured out.

BadgerSpoon
July 19th, 2010, 09:43 AM
Sorry for necromancy, but I figured you might like to know NY Comic Con (http://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/) is the weekend of October 8.

No need to apologize. We're pro-necromancy around here. :p

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll4/badgerspoon/drorpheus.jpg

Sounds like a great idea.

fastcart
July 19th, 2010, 11:38 AM

That happens to be my birthday too.

frakkintalos
July 25th, 2010, 09:05 PM
Ricard Hatch is gonna be there. So is Katee Sackhoff.

*preparing Battlestar questions*

ATGreat
July 28th, 2010, 10:06 PM
Ricard Hatch is gonna be there. So is Katee Sackhoff.

*preparing Battlestar questions*

Mmm, Katee Sackhoff. I won't bother with questions, the drooling would prevent me from speaking anyway.

So do we want to start planning a meetup for Oct 8 at NY Comiccon?
I can do that, but I also wouldn't mind a weekday meetup and do lunch in the park like last year.
(Also, I've been asking for a lot of weekend days off, and it's been tough on the ol' co-workers.)

ATGreat
August 11th, 2010, 09:59 PM
Quick bump on this thread. I know it's still a little early to plan, but if we want to do the NYCC, I need to get as much heads up as possible for tickets, funding and work scheduling as possible. Or we can do a movie or lunch in the park again. Suggestions?

Darrell Taylor
August 17th, 2010, 06:26 PM
I do a podcast so I have a press pass to be at the NYCC all weekend. Hope to see some of the GWC people there its a fun con.

Raemani
August 17th, 2010, 06:51 PM
I do a podcast so I have a press pass to be at the NYCC all weekend. Hope to see some of the GWC people there its a fun con.

I do believe there is a contingent that will be there, I am guessing on Saturday.

I think I will only be up Sat (will ride the train in from Philly area), but definitely planning on being there.

ATGreat
September 1st, 2010, 09:45 PM
I got my ticket for Saturday. Counting down the hours.

Default Prophet
September 10th, 2010, 07:25 PM
Got a ticket for saturday

Raemani
September 10th, 2010, 07:41 PM
I also have my ticket for Saturday.

So far the list is:

DefaultProphet
ATGreat
Me
Steviespin
queenohearts (although her forum name is something else)
Janitorbob

Any body else?? Talos, Badger, Yorrick, Tanu??? I guess I should send a message on FB that is normally where I find Yorrick and Tanu.

frakkintalos
September 10th, 2010, 07:46 PM
I also have my ticket for Saturday.

So far the list is:

DefaultProphet
ATGreat
Me
Steviespin
queenohearts (although her forum name is something else)
Janitorbob

Any body else?? Talos, Badger, Yorrick, Tanu??? I guess I should send a message on FB that is normally where I find Yorrick and Tanu.

Can I just show up or do I need to purchase tickets before hand? I'll probably be there either way.

Raemani
September 10th, 2010, 07:49 PM
Can I just show up or do I need to purchase tickets before hand? I'll probably be there either way.

I would suggest buying in advance. Not sure if it was last year they sold out on Sat...and the con was in Feb last year.

The Sat ticket was 40, and the whole weekend was 50

Fenatic
September 10th, 2010, 08:04 PM
Might be convinced to go to this, but I don't know if my shedule will allow it. Stay tuned.

BadgerSpoon
September 10th, 2010, 10:16 PM
Ack! I missed the registration time for tickets to be mailed. :(

But I'm registered for Saturday. :)

Raemani
September 11th, 2010, 08:45 AM

That's OK, hopefully the line won't be too long to pick up tickets.

So I guess you and J-bob and I need to figure out what the plan is for Saturday morning. We have time yet though.

Armando
September 11th, 2010, 12:46 PM
I just noticed this thread (been a bit busy, to the point that it's been four days :eek: since I've visited GWC). Alas, October is right out for me. December would work, though. I need to be in NYC from 12/10 to 12/13 for a performance.

Raemani
September 11th, 2010, 01:01 PM
I just noticed this thread (been a bit busy, to the point that it's been four days :eek: since I've visited GWC). Alas, October is right out for me. December would work, though. I need to be in NYC from 12/10 to 12/13 for a performance.

Too bad you won't be able to join us on Oct, but what kinda performance?

Keir
September 20th, 2010, 05:55 PM
I'm back!
I'm in!
I'm bringing the clan for Saturday!
I'm jazzed!

(Oh -- and sorry for the year's absence, folks. I suck.)

BadgerSpoon
September 20th, 2010, 07:00 PM
I'm back!
I'm in!
I'm bringing the clan for Saturday!
I'm jazzed!

(Oh -- and sorry for the year's absence, folks. I suck.)

Welcome back! :)

Keir
September 24th, 2010, 07:33 AM
Mmm, Katee Sackhoff. I won't bother with questions, the drooling would prevent me from speaking anyway.

Aaaaaand the superhuman Tricia Helfer confirmed as well. Oh, and Michelle Forbes. Rawr.

Jeezy Chreezy, I think I'm levitating just a little bit.

BadgerSpoon
September 27th, 2010, 09:49 PM

Apparently, they weren't all that firm on whole "order by midnight" thing. :p

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll4/badgerspoon/169036658-d4a91f9a19a3117759027152d4edeb7b4ca13e10-full.jpg

photonutz09
September 28th, 2010, 03:05 AM
That weekend would be tough for me and I live in NYC! lol! Will be busy shooting, but would enjoy meeting you all at say The Spain for sangria and paella

Keir
September 28th, 2010, 07:12 AM
That weekend would be tough for me and I live in NYC! lol! Will be busy shooting, but would enjoy meeting you all at say The Spain for sangria and paella

I'm pretty sure those are two of my nine major food groups. :D

photonutz09
October 4th, 2010, 08:35 PM
I'm pretty sure those are two of my nine major food groups. :D

When are we doing this again?

ATGreat
October 5th, 2010, 09:26 PM
I'm planning on getting into the city on either the 8:40 or 9:40 AM train into Grand Central on Saturday. Because of work schedules, I don't know if my local friends are going to be able to make it with me. I can probably meet up with the Philly crew at Penn Station like last time, then we can meet the rest at the Javits center. Any other ideas?

photonutz09
October 5th, 2010, 11:58 PM
When will you folks be finished at The Javitz center? I'll be shooting at that time but will be available in the evening.

frakkintalos
October 6th, 2010, 07:08 AM
When will you folks be finished at The Javitz center? I'll be shooting at that time but will be available in the evening.

Yeah. Any ideas where y'all are going? I don't think I'll be able to make the NYCC but I should be able to make the post-Con activities. I need to get a sitter.

Fenatic
October 6th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Might be going to NY Comic Con with a friend on saturday. I would be up for meeting any of you guys there or maybe afterwords. Any advice for a NYCC newbie?

ATGreat
October 6th, 2010, 07:50 PM

Yeah. Any ideas where y'all are going? I don't think I'll be able to make the NYCC but I should be able to make the post-Con activities. I need to get a sitter.

No idea, and no anounced plans yet. Supposedly the official con day ends at 6PM. We'll be twittering I'm sure, so keep an eye on that.

Might be going to NY Comic Con with a friend on saturday. I would be up for meeting any of you guys there or maybe afterwords. Any advice for a NYCC newbie?

My first time too. If it weren't for GWC, I wouldn't have even know it was on at all.

photonutz09
October 6th, 2010, 11:36 PM
No idea, and no anounced plans yet. Supposedly the official con day ends at 6PM. We'll be twittering I'm sure, so keep an eye on that.

My first time too. If it weren't for GWC, I wouldn't have even know it was on at all.

I don't do Twitter. Maybe I should message raemani my digits so someone could call me when you folks will be free

ATGreat
October 7th, 2010, 07:08 PM
I don't do Twitter. Maybe I should message raemani my digits so someone could call me when you folks will be free

Best bet. Raemani is the official meetup coordinator (As much as someone can be an official in a gathering of anarchists...) :D

Raemani
October 7th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Well it is almost here!!! I am so looking forward to geeking out with some GWCer's.

I believe everyone has my number that is going, if not let me know.

I think we are all planning to meet somewhere for Brunch at 11 (place yet to be determined) and heading to the con about 12 noon.

Not sure what the plan is after that.

ATGreat
October 7th, 2010, 07:30 PM
Well it is almost here!!! I am so looking forward to geeking out with some GWCer's.

I think we are all planning to meet somewhere for Brunch at 11 (place yet to be determined) and heading to the con about 12 noon.

I'm planning on being at the convention when it opens. I'm sure that there are really expensive food vendors in the Javits center, where we can have brunch... ;)

frakkintalos
October 7th, 2010, 08:07 PM

I can only make it after 3PM. I'll call ya when I'm heading to the city.

Topgun
October 7th, 2010, 08:48 PM
Have a blast everyone! Don't forget to twitpic. :)

Default Prophet
October 8th, 2010, 08:18 AM

When are you guys from PA getting into Penn?

Fenatic
October 8th, 2010, 09:55 AM
*sigh* Well, my friend who I was going to go with bailed on me, and I have a surprise visit from my cousin in Florida, so it looks like I am not going this year. Please take pics and tell me how it goes, because I would love to go next year.

ATGreat
October 10th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Here are my pictures (http://s966.photobucket.com/albums/ae149/ATGreatGWC/NYCC2010/) from the trip. There were a LOT of people. I would have taken more pictures of costumes, but there were so many people that I just couldn't get into a position to take the pictures. Did I mention that there were a lot of people? There were A LOT of people.

photonutz09
October 10th, 2010, 09:52 PM
Sorry I missed out on this :( The shoot went long so I went out with my girl instead to see Idiots and Angels at The Waverly. Next time for sure though!

Fenatic
October 11th, 2010, 06:49 AM
Thanks for the pics AT.

frakkintalos
October 16th, 2010, 07:29 AM
Here are some pictures from NYCC. Compliments of BadgerSpoon, my professional photographer.

Taking a note from the RDM Starbuck book. Female Han Solo.

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj125/frakkintalos/photo3.jpg

"You're Data, right?"

"If you say so."

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj125/frakkintalos/photo5.jpg

It's the Joker!!

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj125/frakkintalos/photo4.jpg

Harley Quinn and the Joker!!

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj125/frakkintalos/photo1.jpg

The Joker was very popular.

frakkintalos
October 16th, 2010, 07:29 AM
And my favorite.