PDA

View Full Version : NYC Crue Meetup: Sat, Jun. 19th, 2010

Chuck
June 6th, 2010, 10:00 AM
I'll have more information on this soon, but in the meantime I wanted to let everyone know that Audra and I will be in NYC Saturday, June 19th, 2010. We'd love to meet up with those of you who can make it that evening.

I'll update here when we have more specific time and date information, but if you're interested in hanging out for the evening, mark the date. :)

Default Prophet
June 6th, 2010, 10:06 AM
Dope, lookin forward to it

frakkintalos
June 6th, 2010, 10:38 AM
See ya when I see ya.

fastcart
June 6th, 2010, 11:09 AM
Gah! I budgeted all my money this month. Can't make it down from Boston.

Audra
June 6th, 2010, 02:21 PM
Can't wait to see at least some of the NYC Crue again! 'Talos, is Mrs. Talos going to be able to make it? I hope so!

frakkintalos
June 6th, 2010, 06:56 PM
Can't wait to see at least some of the NYC Crue again! 'Talos, is Mrs. Talos going to be able to make it? I hope so!

I just found out we are going away to visit family in Massachusetts that weekend.

Craaaap!

wavilyem
June 6th, 2010, 07:12 PM
I just found out we are going away to visit family in Massachusetts that weekend.

Craaaap!

Alas, I'm going to be stuck in Massachusetts that weekend as well. But I hope you guys have an awesome trip and meetup!

fastcart
June 6th, 2010, 07:32 PM

Craaaap!

Alas, I'm going to be stuck in Massachusetts that weekend as well. But I hope you guys have an awesome trip and meetup!

What part of MA?

Raemani
June 6th, 2010, 07:37 PM
I'll have more information on this soon, but in the meantime I wanted to let everyone know that Audra and I will be in NYC Saturday, June 19th, 2010. We'd love to meet up with those of you who can make it that evening.

I'll update here when we have more specific time and date information, but if you're interested in hanging out for the evening, mark the date. :)

Hmmm going to make for a long weekend, I have friends who will be in southern Jersey then....maybe I can convince them to all come to NYC that weekend. That is how it always goes - nothing going on for a couple weeks, then several weekends in a row where I have lots to do.

Maybe I will remember to copy the pics from the meet-up and bring you a copy...

I will post on FB for those that don't come here often (Steviespin, Tanu and Yorrick)

frakkintalos
June 6th, 2010, 07:56 PM
What part of MA?

Pittsfield.

ATGreat
June 9th, 2010, 08:14 PM
Pittsfield.

My sister lives in Pittsfield!

Unfortunately, I have to work that day. Had I known two weeks ago, I might have been able to put in for that day off, but I'm also leaving for the Origins Game Fair two days after that, so I would have been at the bottom of the list for getting another Saturday off. As it is, I'm trying to get July the 3rd off, and that is a bad day to ask off in retail.

You all have fun and raise a glass to those of us that can't make it.

Chuck
June 9th, 2010, 10:06 PM
Hope to have more information for you on this over the weekend -- assuming there's any interest. If not, there's plenty for us to do in NYC Sat night. :)

Raemani
June 9th, 2010, 10:18 PM
Hope to have more information for you on this over the weekend -- assuming there's any interest. If not, there's plenty for us to do in NYC Sat night. :)

I will be there, and last I heard Steviespin was planning on being there.

I know Tanu is not available and haven't heard from Tony (Yorrick).

I had posted on FB since I am likely to catch them on there then here.

photonutz09
June 9th, 2010, 11:04 PM

Well I can definitely make it, as I live in NYC. Just hope I can finish my shooting in time to meet you two - I have a few things to discuss about Kubrick's 2001 ;)

wavilyem
June 10th, 2010, 11:08 AM
What part of MA?

I'd rather not say publicly, but close enough to hop on the T and get to Park Street in half an hour provided everything's running on schedule.

Pittsfield.

Well, I guess that's *technically* part of Massachusetts ;-)

fastcart
June 10th, 2010, 11:28 AM
I'd rather not say publicly, but close enough to hop on the T and get to Park Street in half an hour provided everything's running on schedule.
We're relatively close by. I'm near the Mass Ave stop. Actually, I guess I'm near everything in the area. d:

Well, I guess that's *technically* part of Massachusetts ;-)
Lol. I was gonna leave that alone even though I had a similar thought. d:

Fenatic
June 11th, 2010, 06:22 AM
I might be able to come to this one, because I might be in New York City that day anyhow. I will keep you updated!

photonutz09
June 14th, 2010, 02:16 AM
Defenitely can make it - should be done shooting at 2pm :)

Chuck
June 14th, 2010, 10:35 AM
This is definitely on! We're working out the specific location to post this week, but it'll be in the city and easily accessible for the group.

Seriously, seriously looking forward to it. :)

Fenatic
June 14th, 2010, 01:18 PM
Excellent! My schedule is opening up, so this is looking promising.

Raemani
June 14th, 2010, 09:12 PM
This is definitely on! We're working out the specific location to post this week, but it'll be in the city and easily accessible for the group.

Sweet - any idea on time? Just trying to figure things out for Friday and Saturday, as well as when to get the train and all that fun stuff.

photonutz09
June 14th, 2010, 11:23 PM

I know an easy to get to place with free tapas if that helps?

Topgun
June 14th, 2010, 11:43 PM
I know an easy to get to place with free tapas if that helps?

Mmmm, tapas and a pitcher of sangria...and more tapas....

Default Prophet
June 15th, 2010, 01:11 AM
Mmmm, tapas and a pitcher of sangria...and more tapas....

mmmmmmmmmm I am so down for free tapas

photonutz09
June 16th, 2010, 12:41 AM
mmmmmmmmmm I am so down for free tapas

The Spain over on West 13th between 6th and 7th ave is where I speak. Free Tapas with drinks and dinner if so inclined - best Spanish food (Valencian and Catalan) in NYC, and absolutely the best Sangria. I eat there all the time as it reminds me of mom's home cooking :) The only thing is that they only take cash.

Chuck
June 16th, 2010, 12:17 PM
We'll announce the location and specific time this evening! I'm thinking it'll be around 5p.

Raemani
June 16th, 2010, 08:09 PM
We'll announce the location and specific time this evening! I'm thinking it'll be around 5p.

*waits patiently* or at least tries too. Looking forward to seeing you guys this weekend.

photonutz09
June 16th, 2010, 08:31 PM

Cool, can't wait :)

Raemani
June 17th, 2010, 08:34 PM
OK, figured I would volunteer to help coordinate the meet-up.

I know we are all planning on meeting somewhere around 5 pm. I maybe in the city earlier, but not sure yet.

For those of you that don't have my number PM and I will send it to you so you can contact us if you need to.

Trust me you won't miss Chuck he looks like a skinner version of his avatar.

So far I know Default, Steviespin, photonutz and possible fenatic? Anyone else?

Fenatic
June 17th, 2010, 09:06 PM
I will definitely be there!

Raemani
June 17th, 2010, 09:09 PM
I will definitely be there!

Sweet - looks like a good mix of those that have met and those that haven't....which is always fun getting to know new people.

At least I don't think we have met, have we?

My name IRL is Kristin, but I answer to Rae or Raemani as well.

Fenatic
June 17th, 2010, 09:19 PM
No, check your PM. :)
My name in IRL is Michael if you couldn't tell from Twitter handle.

Raemani
June 17th, 2010, 09:35 PM
No, check your PM. :)
My name in IRL is Michael if you couldn't tell from Twitter handle.

Just saw it, and responded.

To help you ID us:

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w36/Raemani/GWC%20Meetup/NYC%20Fall%202009/100_2970.jpg
I am the only girl in the pic and Stevespin is the blond to the left of me.

I have to find recent pics of Chuck and Audra, and I am fighting with Flikr to get pics from this year's meet-up that include Default

And since I can't find one with just the people I want:

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w36/Raemani/GWC%20Meetup/2010%20Meet-up/100_3677.jpg

Sean is the one holding the baby - Chuck is just to the right and Audra is on the floor in front of Chuck next to Sean. Default is in the very back left, second one in (Juan/TechDrew is in the Dr Horrible outfit and Default is just to the right)

Fenatic
June 18th, 2010, 11:36 AM
Cool, thanks!

Raemani
June 18th, 2010, 11:25 PM
OK - so I texted with Chuck - and have details, or at least where and when.

We are all planning to meet at 5 pm in the Hilton Hotel Bar at 53rd and 6th. I am sure we will wander from there so if you plan to join us and haven't told me let me know and we will wait for you, or of course I can always text/tweet any change of plans. So if you don't have my number PM me here or DM me on twitter and we will go from there.

I may be in the city sooner, but not sure what time, it really depends on what time I get up and what train I end up on.

See you all tomorrow.

Fenatic
June 19th, 2010, 09:41 AM
For anyone planning on taking the subway, there is a lot track work going on in that area. Specifically the E line which was how I was planning on going from Penn. Station is not running in some areas.

http://mta.info/status/serviceStatus.html

Default Prophet
June 19th, 2010, 09:56 AM
For anyone planning on taking the subway, there is a lot track work going on in that area. Specifically the E line which was how I was planning on going from Penn. Station is not running in some areas.

http://mta.info/status/serviceStatus.html

I just looked on a map and it's like...p. damn close to Penn, dunno if a subway is the better option

Fenatic
June 19th, 2010, 10:04 AM
My plan is to take the 1 to Columbus Circle, then take the B or D to the 7th Avenue stop. From there its only a one block walk to the Hilton. Keep in mind its going to be about 80 degrees out.

Default Prophet
June 19th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Unfortunately I won't be able to make it, family drama came up =/ frowny face

photonutz09
June 19th, 2010, 01:42 PM
OK - so I texted with Chuck - and have details, or at least where and when.

We are all planning to meet at 5 pm in the Hilton Hotel Bar at 53rd and 6th. I am sure we will wander from there so if you plan to join us and haven't told me let me know and we will wait for you, or of course I can always text/tweet any change of plans. So if you don't have my number PM me here or DM me on twitter and we will go from there.

I may be in the city sooner, but not sure what time, it really depends on what time I get up and what train I end up on.

See you all tomorrow.

I will see you there!

Kirokai
June 19th, 2010, 04:08 PM
Hello to the NYC Meetup peeps. Missing all of you, but looking forward to seeing pictures! *e-hugs to everyone*

photonutz09
June 19th, 2010, 10:36 PM
Too much fun tonight...pics soon...

photonutz09
June 19th, 2010, 11:25 PM
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4025/4715835089_d9efa73958_b.jpg

Here we are at some Irish Pub in Midtown (55th Street) just before Chuck, Audra, Rae, and myself headed down to The Village for Sangria and Paella....Oh yeah, I'm not in the photo...

fastcart
June 20th, 2010, 01:10 AM
Here we are at some Irish Pub in Midtown (55th Street) just before Chuck, Audra, Rae, and myself headed down to The Village for Sangria and Paella....Oh yeah, I'm not in the photo...

Wow. Chuck does need a new avatar. And, Audra is looking closer to that Shakira picture. (:

Gryper
June 20th, 2010, 05:54 AM

Great picture! Can't wait to see the rest!

GWC has a group on Flickr if you want to upload your pics there, then you only have to upload them once and repost the link.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/gwc/

PS: I really need to wake up before I post on here!

Fenatic
June 20th, 2010, 09:14 AM
Dah! Most of the people look great in that picture and the other one is me!

Chuck
June 20th, 2010, 09:47 AM
Nah, you have the content look of a guy who's been talking sci-fi for a good hour and plans to continue more of the same. :)

Fenatic
June 20th, 2010, 01:01 PM
Here is the pic from later on:
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4021/4718301684_9a18c9292f.jpg

That's Photonutz on the right.

photonutz09
June 20th, 2010, 05:38 PM
Here is the pic from later on:
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4021/4718301684_9a18c9292f.jpg

That's Photonutz on the right.

Oh my, I really need a stylist with me at all times! Man I need to lose another 40lbs...

Fenatic
June 20th, 2010, 06:28 PM
I don't think anyone likes pictures of themselves...
Also, did you notice Iron Man in the background? I didn't even notice it at the time.

Raemani
June 20th, 2010, 08:39 PM
I don't think anyone likes pictures of themselves...
Also, did you notice Iron Man in the background? I didn't even notice it at the time.

I didn't notice at that time, but now that I think about where we were when we took that pic it makes sense - there is a Hershey's/IronMan2 promotion going on.

Pretty funny though.

photonutz09
June 20th, 2010, 10:36 PM
I didn't notice at that time, but now that I think about where we were when we took that pic it makes sense - there is a Hershey's/IronMan2 promotion going on.

Pretty funny though.

Good to see you made it back to Philly OK after all that Sangria :)

Raemani
June 21st, 2010, 09:44 AM
Good to see you made it back to Philly OK after all that Sangria :)

Well I did have an almost 2 hour train ride before I had to be functional :p

Actually I wasn't even buzzed, but a few more and it may have been all over but the crying.

Luckily I got the express 3 train to Penn, and made the 11:57 train by about 5 min - so I didn't even have to wait in Penn for long.