PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix ComiCon '11

Venona
March 7th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Are any of my fellow AZ GWCers going to be at this years ComiCon?

Kirokai
March 7th, 2011, 04:06 PM
I'm planning on going.:)

ETA - I was just looking at the events scheduled. The Chuck panel looks cool, I will definitely be going to that. Leonard Nimoy and George Takei are going to be there too. I may take in some of the writers workshops.

Venona
March 7th, 2011, 04:58 PM
I'm planning on going.:)

ETA - I was just looking at the events scheduled. The Chuck panel looks cool, I will definitely be going to that. Leonard Nimoy and George Takei are going to be there too. I may take in some of the writers workshops.

Awesome! My wife and I are pretty excited about it, it will be our first ComicCon. We purchased a Leonard Nimoy photo op :)

uubergeek
March 7th, 2011, 05:11 PM
can we get a link or date? some of us like to travel out of state any time we can :D
----------

Found it - http://www.phoenixcomicon.com/ Memorial Day weekend! same weekend as Comicpalooza down in Houston though, which i'm already supposed to be at :( your convention looks a heck of a lot funner too!

Kirokai
March 7th, 2011, 07:06 PM
can we get a link or date? some of us like to travel out of state any time we can :D
----------

Found it - http://www.phoenixcomicon.com/ Memorial Day weekend! same weekend as Comicpalooza down in Houston though, which i'm already supposed to be at :( your convention looks a heck of a lot funner too!

Aww I was all excited for a second, then I read the rest of your post.

Kirokai
March 7th, 2011, 07:09 PM
Awesome! My wife and I are pretty excited about it, it will be our first ComicCon. We purchased a Leonard Nimoy photo op :)

That's awesome Venona! I can't decide if I want to do the photo op or buy tickets to the Hammer Improv show.

Venona
March 7th, 2011, 10:15 PM
----------

SUPPOSED to be at? Or REQUIRED to be at. There is a difference.

That's awesome Venona! I can't decide if I want to do the photo op or buy tickets to the Hammer Improv show.

The way I see it is, Hammer Improv will be around for a long time. Sure, members may change, but the group isn't going anywhere. Leonard Nimoy, on the other hand, isn't going to be around for too much longer. I'd rather have the opportunity to immortalize myself with an icon of his magnitude than see a comedy show that I'll be able to see next year.

Kirokai
March 8th, 2011, 01:17 PM
I just asked for Thursday and Friday off from work for ComiCon. :D

The way I see it is, Hammer Improv will be around for a long time. Sure, members may change, but the group isn't going anywhere. Leonard Nimoy, on the other hand, isn't going to be around for too much longer. I'd rather have the opportunity to immortalize myself with an icon of his magnitude than see a comedy show that I'll be able to see next year.

You make a good point. I hope I can do both.

Kag1
March 15th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Hurray, will absolutely be there! Geek shirts in the mail and on the way for the con, ticket purchased, time off from work arranged, best friend in tow.

Kirokai
March 15th, 2011, 05:07 PM
How does an AZ meetup sound for Friday or Saturday night?

DawnAZ
March 19th, 2011, 08:11 PM
I will be there for sure. I vote for a meetup Saturday night (we'll all be giddy from Spock!) Anyone interested PM me ideas for a location.

Can't wait- this Con is growing and getting better and better each year!

Kirokai
March 24th, 2011, 09:24 PM
Has anyone been to the Irish pub at the Hotel San Carlos downtown? Just wondering if it's a good place to meet at.

ETA: It called Seamus McCaffreys. Never been to it (but at least its not the Tilted Kilt) ;)

Venona
April 16th, 2011, 10:37 AM
I'm down for Saturday as well!

Kirokai
May 4th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Phoenix Comicon is coming up fast. Is there anyone else going and/or joining the meetup on Saturday night?

So far we have:

Venona and the Lady Venona
Baconface
DawnAZ
Kag1
Omra

We still need to find a place to meet at. If everyone wants to throw out an idea location, we can vote on it. I am SO EXCITED!!! :D

Omra
May 14th, 2011, 03:03 PM
I just purchased my membership online, I will be there Saturday for sure perhaps Sunday as well.

Omra
May 14th, 2011, 10:47 PM
Jesus Mary and Joseph! There is just sooo much stuff! :eek: I just spent an hour looking over the scheduled programming... CROM! There is no way to see it all...

I will definitely be there on Sunday, I was going to go to some art seminars but I just saw that Michael A Stackpole is doing a writers workshop, and it is only 20 bucks to get in. How can I pass that up??? I am so there!

And later in the day there are more writers panels- Advice for beginning Writers, Horror Metrics and The Rules of writing Magic. I better pack a lunch.. :D

Kirokai
May 16th, 2011, 10:25 PM
Yay Omra! Will you be meeting us all on Saturday night? No venue is picked yet, so if you have a favorite place let us all know. :)

I'm so excited but I think I'm even more excited to see all the GWCers in the Phx area. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Omra
May 16th, 2011, 11:00 PM
I don't know the downtown area all that well since all of the construction with the light rail and the new park they are putting in, so I am going to change my route home from work so I can scout out some place for us to meet. Like a restaurant nearby, there used to be a number of them near where I did jury duty. Which is close to where the con will be.

I will swing by and see if they are still around. I loved this one deli around there, and so did Sheriff Joe. I used to see him and his bodyguards stop by alot.:D It is huge, we would have no trouble finding seats there.

The Regency if it is the hotel I am thinking of has a restaurant on the top, the compass room which slowly rotates. But I bet it is pricey...

Anyways I will find us someplace. And I just booked a room nearby for Saturday night so I can hang out latter and not worry about falling asleep driving home. Or worry about getting back in time for the writing workshop. :cool:

Omra
May 17th, 2011, 10:18 PM
There are a number of places right next to the civic center, but they will no doubt be swamped. I think we will do better if we walk just a little ways-

Here are my suggestions:

Hard Rock Café, 3 South 2nd Street, Suite 117 (never been to one yet, are they loud?)

Arizona Center (Van Buren St. between 3rd and 5th Sts.) is close and it has a number of restaurants, Sam's Café, My Big Fat Greek Restaurant, Mi Amigos, Uno and of course.. *ahem* Hooters. :D And they also have a food court.. There is bound to be something there we can all agree on.

And I also don't want us to be rushed by the service staff to make room for waiting patrons. And I am not including Pubs or Bars because I want to be able to hear my fellow GWCers talking and I do not want to go hoarse trying to talk over the music IYKWIM. :cool:

Venona
May 19th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Here are my suggestions:

Hard Rock Café, 3 South 2nd Street, Suite 117 (never been to one yet, are they loud?)

Arizona Center (Van Buren St. between 3rd and 5th Sts.) is close and it has a number of restaurants, Sam's Café, My Big Fat Greek Restaurant, Mi Amigos, Uno and of course.. *ahem* Hooters. :D And they also have a food court.. There is bound to be something there we can all agree on.:

Big Fat Greek Restaurant, while delicious is pretty pricey and noisey (because it's very popular). I haven't been to Hard Rock in Phoenix yet, but the others that I have been to haven't been too bad. It's louder than your normal restaurant, but not too much (unless it's a live music night).

Portland's is tasty, although expensive (~20-25 per plate).

The Old Spaghetti factory is right up the street from there, too. Just north of the I-10 on Central, so about a mile or so away. They may be our best option.

Venona
May 19th, 2011, 03:35 PM
I work just up the street from the event (Central and Thomas), and my wife and I make it a habit to eat out downtown once per month. That being said I've been to nearly every restaurant that was mentioned, if you'd like some serious insider information.

Omra
May 21st, 2011, 06:54 PM
Well I just purchased a cell phone and a laptop for the convention, this should make it easier for us to keep in touch and decide where to meet on Saturday. I have been jonesing for a laptop for a long time, and the writers workshop was just the thing to push me into getting one.

I guess we can PM phone numbers to each other before the convention so we can network. I am sure you don't want them plastered here on the forum for just anyone to stumble upon.

And as for the resturaunt... Well we wont know until that day which ones are being sieged by fans and Otaku, and we also will not know until then what we are in the mood for. So scout around and make calls right before the appointed time?

DawnAZ
May 22nd, 2011, 09:24 PM
The best way to communicate at a con is texting or Twitter. Are we all on Twitter? Let's make sure about that and Follow each other.

The walk to Old Spaghetti Factory might long from where we'll be. All the other places mentioned are fine by me.

Omra
May 22nd, 2011, 09:59 PM
The best way to communicate at a con is texting or Twitter. Are we all on Twitter? Let's make sure about that and Follow each other.

The walk to Old Spaghetti Factory might long from where we'll be. All the other places mentioned are fine by me.

I for one am not a TWIT, sorry.. But my new phone can text so that is an option.

Venona
May 23rd, 2011, 02:47 AM
The walk to Old Spaghetti Factory might long from where we'll be.

That's quitter talk.

DawnAZ
May 23rd, 2011, 07:39 AM
That's quitter talk.

Considering it's graduation week for ConnerAZ and I'm already exhausted, I'll own the quitter title.

Let's all PM cell numbers then, since not all are on Twitter. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Venona
May 23rd, 2011, 12:49 PM
My phone number has been PM'd to everyone in the thread. Shoot me a text with your forum name so that I can add it to me contacts!

DawnAZ
May 24th, 2011, 06:31 AM
I'll be at PCC on Friday afternoon for a couple of hours, but then have to go home for graduation parties. Saturday I'm planning to get there by 7:30 to get in line for the Ballroom because I really want to see Nimoy.

Where is everyone starting their day on Saturday? Sunday is the same spot for me. Let's make sure and text each when we arrive on site.

So excited!!!!!

Venona
May 24th, 2011, 09:32 AM
Here's the schedule for myself and The Lady Venona:

Thursday:
6:30 - Sci-Fi Tube Talk
8:00 - 400 Years of Jupiter Exploration
10:00 - 1011 Horror Film Trailer Preview

Friday:
10:30 - Steampunk 101
1:30 - Spotlight on Paul McGillion
1:30 - The Writer's Room*
3:00 - Star Trek Lives Again
3:00 - Being a Newbie Writer*
4:30 - TNG's The Inner Light - Behind the Scenes
6:30 - Zombie Walk
7:30 - Storytime with Wil Wheaton

Saturday:
1:30 - Leonard Nimoy (I don't have my photo op schedule yet)
3:00 - Stan Lee
4:30 - Jamie Paglia's Eureka
7:30 - Art Auction

Sunday:
10:30 - George Takei
1:30 - Chuck panel (Adam Baldwin and Robert Duncan McNiel)
3:00 - Aaron Douglass

*Denotes an event that The Lady Venona will be attending separately from me.

We'll also be doing a lot of open gaming. I'm a member of the Star Trek CCG Continuing Committee, so I'll be playing a lot of Star Trek at the Con, too.

Omra
May 24th, 2011, 09:55 AM
This is mine so far, it could change once I get there of course and see new ads or displays or get updates from you all on stuff going on-

Sat

Dealers room 10-11:30
Nom noms 11:30-12
Building a Collection 12-1
Urban Fantasy Authors 1:30-2:30
Coloring and Toning 3-4*
How to draw any style 3-4*
Eat and Meet w GWCrs 4-6
Durarara Movie 6pm
The Girl who leapt through Space 7:30
Watch cosplay and music events and mingle..... rest of the night

*Conflict! AAArrrgh!

Sun

Writers Workshop w Michael A. Stackpole 10:30-1 (This I cannot miss)
nom noms & dealers room 1-3
Advice for beginning writers 3-4
The rules of writing magic 4:30-5

Kirokai
May 24th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Here is my schedule so far....

Thursday

6:30-7:30 - SF Tube Talk
8:00-9:00 - 400 Years of Jupiter Exploration
Exhibitor room the rest of the night

Friday
10:30-11:30 - Thinking Beyond the Book
12:00-1:00 - Lunch
1:30-2:30 - The Writers Room
3:00-4:00 - Adapting Myths and Folklore
4:30-5:30 - Zombie Creators Reveal Their Secrets
After 5:30 - Red Cross Blood Drive & Dinner
7:30-8:30 - Storytime With Wil Wheaton

Saturday
10:30-11:30 - Bruce Boxleitner
12:00-1:00 - Max Brooks
1:30-2:30 - Leonard Nimoy
2:30-3:30 - Real World Robotics and Computing
After that I am free for the GWC meetup
7:30 - Whenever - The Art Auction

Sunday
10:30-11:30 - Spotlight on George Takei
1:30-2:30 - Chuck panel
3:00-4:00 - Aaron Douglas and Paul McGillion

Venona
May 24th, 2011, 05:13 PM
What are y'all planning to do for parking?

Kirokai
May 24th, 2011, 05:28 PM
What are y'all planning to do for parking?

AZ Center parking garage for Thursday and Friday. Saturday and Sunday I might do the Camelback Park and Ride and take the light rail to the convention center just so I don't have to hassle with traffic. Knowing me though, I'll probably drive all 4 days anyway.

DawnAZ
May 24th, 2011, 07:43 PM
I'm arriving early on Sat/Sun , so parking close. Friday afternoon might be a problem.

I might skip Friday if I'm too tired from graduation the night before.

Venona
May 24th, 2011, 08:01 PM
AZ Center parking garage for Thursday and Friday. Saturday and Sunday I might do the Camelback Park and Ride and take the light rail to the convention center just so I don't have to hassle with traffic. Knowing me though, I'll probably drive all 4 days anyway.

I'm arriving early on Sat/Sun , so parking close. Friday afternoon might be a problem.

I might skip Friday if I'm too tired from graduation the night before.

I work 2.5 miles away from the PCC/HRH, so I'll be parking my work lot and taking the light rail to the CC. It's a two block walk from the metro stop to the Con, so I think that will work out just fine.

What will they be charging for parking near the Con? I'm thinking that the $10.50 per head price on a 3-day metro pass and walking two blocks may be better, depending on parking prices near the Con.

I've never been to an event like this before, so I'm assuming that it will be ~$10 per day for parking like it would be for a sporting event?

Omra
May 24th, 2011, 09:37 PM
There is a map here that shows all of the parking around the convention center.

http://www.aanp.org/AANPCMS2/Conferences/NationalConference/PhoenixConventionCtrPking.htm

Saturday I will use the convention centers parking, it will be 12 dollars for an all day ticket, but it will be close so I dont mind. Sunday I will use the Arizona Center parking garage and if there are one of those rickshaws around I have then pedel me to the event. I will simply either have dinner at Mi Amigos and have them validate my parking or go see a movie at the AMC theater there, they also validate parking. :groucho:

So if we are eating at the Arizona Center Saturday, maybe you all should park there, and when we go to eat later there you can have your parking tickets validated... huh..huh.. am I clever or what? :D

Kag1
May 25th, 2011, 10:25 AM
here is my schedule for Friday and Saturday
Friday:
10:30-11:30 Steampunk 101
12:00-1:00 iPad influences on the Comic Book World
1:00-3:00 walk the dealer room and eat
3:00-4:00 Star Trek lives again
4:30-5:30 TNG's The Inner Light: Behind the Scenes

Saturday:
12:00-1:00 Steampunk weapons
1:30-2:30 Leonard Nimoy
3:00-4:00 Stan Lee
4:30-5:30 Mandalorian Armor and Prop building
6:00-7:00 Prop building R2-D2 Replicas

FactoryOriginal
May 26th, 2011, 01:17 AM
Against my better judgment, I'm going to give up this lurking thing I do and try to be more social. Here goes:

As it happens I will be in attendance, so If you see a big tall guy with long black hair and glasses next to pregnant chick, feel free to say "Hi'. It should totally freak her out... me too probably.

hrmmm... "big tall guy with long black hair and glasses." Yeah, that should stand out nicely at a Comicon.

Venona
May 26th, 2011, 10:58 AM
Against my better judgment, I'm going to give up this lurking thing I do and try to be more social. Here goes:

As it happens I will be in attendance, so If you see a big tall guy with long black hair and glasses next to pregnant chick, feel free to say "Hi'. It should totally freak her out... me too probably.

hrmmm... "big tall guy with long black hair and glasses." Yeah, that should stand out nicely at a Comicon.

I'm going to jovially say "hi" to every tall dude with black hair and pregnant chick. Even if they're not together.

Pike
May 26th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Against my better judgment, I'm going to give up this lurking thing I do and try to be more social.

Welcome aboard!

Omra
May 26th, 2011, 09:38 PM
My Miskatonic University shirts arrived today (one Polo w/embossed logo and one T shirt), I can't wait to wear them there. If you hear someone loudly cursing like Yosemite Sam it will probably be me trying to text, I am a texting virgin and really suck at it. It took me about an hour to figure out how and then attempt to add you people to my contacts, I sounded like an angry L4D Witch while doing it (I do not have a real keyboard, just a standard phone keyboard).

So if you text me and I do not respond for awhile it is not because I do not wish to, it is probably because it will take me at least 6 tries to do it without gross and unintelligible misspellings. It it gets too bad I may have to break down and simply call before I get an aneurysm. :D

Venona
May 26th, 2011, 09:44 PM
My Miskatonic University shirts arrived today (one Polo w/embossed logo and one T shirt), I can't wait to wear them there. If you hear someone loudly cursing like Yosemite Sam it will probably be me trying to text, I am a texting virgin and really suck at it. It took me about an hour to figure out how and then attempt to add you people to my contacts, I sounded like an angry L4D Witch while doing it (I do not have a real keyboard, just a standard phone keyboard).

So if you text me and I do not respond for awhile it is not because I do not wish to, it is probably because it will take me at least 6 tries to do it without gross and unintelligible misspellings. It it gets too bad I may have to break down and simply call before I get an aneurysm. :D

I'm going to text you ridiculously complex questions to provoke ridiculously complex answers JUST to hear you swear like Yosemite Sam.

FactoryOriginal
May 27th, 2011, 10:03 AM
I totally should have entered the PUGS last night, I could had a chance at a weird little trophy and a box of who-knows-what! Damn my lurking!

Venona
May 28th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Damn my lurking!

Will you be joining the rest of us this evening for dinner?

FactoryOriginal
May 28th, 2011, 11:49 AM
Will you be joining the rest of us this evening for dinner?

When and where did we decide on that?

Kag1
May 28th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Hey guys it was great seeing all of you at the con. I hope there are a lot more meet ups in the future.
https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Leelowres.jpeg?w=01e55578
https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Nemoylowres.jpg?w=292c0d64

Omra
May 28th, 2011, 11:12 PM
Saturday was the OSSIM!

Sat in on panels with John Scalzi and Michael Stackpole, both were fun and informative, and the sessions were small, intimate and very relaxed. One of the things I really enjoy about the smaller conventions.

The Urban Fantasy Author panel was also quite enjoyable, the highlight for me was Cherie Priest. She is a pistol! Fiesty, witty and adorable... I think I may have a crush on her..:o

Lots of wonderful artwork and comics from local artists as well as jewelery and costume work. Even a few prop makers. Many local clubs were represented and plenty of goodies available, I know I got me some.

Got to meet DawnAZ, Baconface, Venona and Lady Venona. Even had dinner together and managed not to get thrown out, I look forward to future meetups.

It was so refreshing to see so many Geeks representing, and no fights or drunken shout matches. Just a whole lot of people enjoying who they are and admiring each others costumes and props. And chatting about what they love and collect. The most heartening of all though? Seeing entire famiilies dressing up and enjoying their geekiness, I have never seen so many children before. It is great to see Geek tradition being handed down generation to generation, it gives me hope for our future.

Another example of just how wholesome and good natured these people are is what happened tonight. I had left my keys and cell phone at a booth while making change, and did not realize what I had done until I got to the parking garage over an hour latter. I ran back but of course the exhibit hall had been closed and all of the dealers were leaving, my stuff was not at the lost and found so they had a volunteer escort me into the hall and to the booth, the dealers were already gone and my heart sank. On a hunch I lifted up the tarp covering the books on the table and to my delight and surprise my keys and cell phone were right there. I cannot imagine any other gathering where this kind of outcome may have happened, other than a perhaps a christian convention... but best not to go there.

I am at the hotel right now and am looking forward to tomorrow, more fun awaits. Goodnight all!

Kirokai
May 28th, 2011, 11:41 PM
The Phoenix Comicon has been so much fun this year, especially because of the great GWC folks in the area that I've had the privilege of hanging out with this weekend. Kag1, Venona, Lady Venona, Omra, and DawnAZ, you all are smart, amazing, wonderful creative, geeky people, and you have made this weekend a blast.

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff146/LadyPhoenicia/Phoenix%20Comicon%202011/scaled.jpg

Today most of us hung out in room 120, the biggest ballroom, to see Leonard Nimoy. DawnAZ and I got there super early and got great seats in the second row right in front of the stage. We pretty much camped out in there all day.

First up was Bruce Boxleitner. He was very nice and had some cool info on the new Tron animated series that he is working on. He also spoke about B5, the original Tron, and the passing of his costar on B5, the late Jeff Conaway.

Then came Max Brooks, the author of World War Z. I think I may have been the only one in our group familiar with him before the panel but by the end he had won everyone over. He was hilarious.

Max Brooks talking to DawnAZ about the Zombie War.
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff146/LadyPhoenicia/Phoenix%20Comicon%202011/2011-05-28121151_Phoenix_Arizona_US-1.jpg

After that came Leonard Nimoy. Leonard. Frakkin. Nimoy.
\http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff146/LadyPhoenicia/Phoenix%20Comicon%202011/2011-05-28133506_Phoenix_Arizona_US-1.jpg

Seriously, what can you say about Leonard Nimoy that hasn't already been said? The man is a legend and a class act. It was the highlight of the day for me and an honor to see him and hear him speak about his life.

I also saw Stan Lee, who was a fantastic guest. I loved hearing his stories. He is so much fun. And finally Jamie Paglia and Wil Wheaton came out for te Eureka panel. They showed some clips from the new season, and it looks sweeet!

I would post more pictures, but photobucket is being difficult. I will upload the rest of them tomorrow to flickr and post a link.

Tomorrow is George Takei, and the Chuck panel with Adam Baldwin. I am so excited!

Thanks again to all the GWCers I've shared the Con experience with this year. AZ crew is the best!

P.S. - I have to leave this post with a pic of Paul McGillion, because he is hawt.

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff146/LadyPhoenicia/Phoenix%20Comicon%202011/2011-05-27133208_Phoenix_Arizona_US-1.jpg

IBIMB

Venona
May 28th, 2011, 11:58 PM
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a107/StratoGuy2003/scan0005.jpg

The Lady Venona, LEONARD NIMOY, Venona.

frakkintalos
May 29th, 2011, 05:39 AM
The Lady Venona, LEONARD NIMOY, Venona.

I hate you.

Oh...I mean...great pic. *jealous*

Gryper
May 29th, 2011, 09:05 AM
Great pictures Baconface & Venona! Keep 'em coming!

Omra
May 29th, 2011, 10:10 PM
Correction: The author at the Themes in SciFi was not Stackpole but rather Robert Sawyer (creator of Flashforward) sorry, I got my authors crossed...:(

The Stackpole writers workshop was well worth the money, I will no doubt attend one of his other classes here in town when I get a chance. The Advice for beginning writers panel was fun and informative and the Rules for writing Magic was just as funny and informative.

I bowed out of watching any anime, the rooms were too small and without enough seating and packed with smelly Otaku. It also made me feel self conscious about the fact that I probably smelled just as bad, let's face it after walking for miles from room to room for 8 or more hours nobody smells too good.

Next year I will definitely pop for a better hotel room, as nice as it was furnished and even though it had free wireless internet which I really appreciated; it had an antique airconditioning unit. You know one of those 1960's wall mounted ones, it took forever to finally dial in right, getting up over and over again to constantly adjust it. And then once I finally wasn't freezing or sweating it rattled like a K Mart shopping cart all night.:rolleyes: I was far from refreshed the next day.

Over all?

Pros:

The staff were very nice and helpful. Numerous panels, film rooms, celebrities, authors and artists, and photo ops. All manner of Cosplay, spontaneous Filking and dancing, the opportunity to engage in geek dialog with complete strangers, the chance to meet GWCers IRL, and the opportunity to possibly create new friendships with those who share similar interests. The Con was small enough that you never felt intimidated or discouraged from attending anything you wanted to see, it all came down to time management... what was your greatest priority. Parking was close and convenient, heck the lady at the garage was even nice enough to give me a parking voucher for Sunday, squeee! :)

Cons (pun intended):

A few overzealous convention staffers (not the volunteers they were awesome). The bottleneck at the exhibit hall, there is no excuse for that.

Overall it was a great weekend and I will be back the good lord willing...

Kirokai
May 29th, 2011, 11:12 PM
Uploaded my photos to Flickr here (http://www.flickr.com/photos/63481304@N06/) :D