PDA

View Full Version : Skype meetup idea

Pages : [1] 2

Emilyfromohio
March 28th, 2008, 08:04 PM
I'm not sure if this would work, but I was wandering if anyone would be interested in a skype meet up on April 5th 11am-12 est. Is anyone interested?

The second thing would be if a handful wants to do it, we can do a conference or a skpecast. Skypecasts might be easier, since one does not need to be invited before coming

UPDATE: We will use skype confereence sicne everyone can use it. Please, send Emilyfromohio your username, or add me to your contacts at ugh.....emilyfromohio

Pike
March 28th, 2008, 08:09 PM
I'm not sure if this would work, but I was wandering if anyone would be interested in a skype meet up on April 5th 11am-12 est. Is anyone interested?

I haven't looked into skype much, but I may have to. The thought of having Emilyfromohio taxing my poor old laptop just tickles me somehow.

The Alpaca Herder
March 28th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Upon consideration of the proposal, I will indicate my willingness to participate in such.

(Sitting here word counting to make sure I hit ten...)

Emilyfromohio
March 28th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Pike, I've had this computer for a good six years. It has files older then you....and yet believe it or not, this thing just won't die lol.

Sure your interested The Alpaca Herder, you told me what time, adn date to say lol

The Alpaca Herder
March 28th, 2008, 09:57 PM
Pike, I've had this computer for a good six years. It has files older then you....and yet believe it or not, this thing just won't die lol.

Sure your interested The Alpaca Herder, you told me what time, adn date to say lol

Shhh! Nobody is supposed to know that yet... :):):)

TheFifth
March 29th, 2008, 11:55 AM
I'll be down for that. I'm a big fan of skype. The audio is th ebest I've used and the video chat is good too.

Why not start it during the show :) we can give reactions during commercials and even mute it during showtime. Don't know if the talk host as controls to run it in an organized way.

It will be like virtual audience/online frak party (since there seems to be none in Philly next friday :( )

Emilyfromohio
March 29th, 2008, 01:32 PM
The only problem I have with that is timezones...plus we have the frak party

Kag1
March 29th, 2008, 03:49 PM
will be happy to join if its ok. Sounds like fun

DawnAZ
March 30th, 2008, 05:35 PM
I'm on Pacific time, but I could do 11am EST on the 5th. I've never heard of skype before. Is it idiot-friendly? You wouldn't believe what it took for me to get an avatar! (A Mac Genius) It sounds so fun to do.

The Alpaca Herder
March 30th, 2008, 09:27 PM
I'm on Pacific time, but I could do 11am EST on the 5th. I've never heard of skype before. Is it idiot-friendly? You wouldn't believe what it took for me to get an avatar! (A Mac Genius) It sounds so fun to do.

The Mac software is a free download at:
http://www.skype.com/download/skype/macosx/

The service itself is free for Skype-to-Skype calls. Skype-to-telephone costs a little bit but is great for international rates. In my case right now, I need good international rates for calls.

You need headphones and a microphone to do this well. While USB headsets exist they are not necessarily recommended. A headset with separate plugs for the microphone and headphone jacks on your Mac is appropriate.

I also have a small Skype starter kit that I can throw in the mail if you need it.

Leon Kensington
March 30th, 2008, 10:49 PM
I'm in for the 5th. It may be easier though to set up a Skypecast so we can have almost an unlimited number of people.

The Alpaca Herder
March 30th, 2008, 11:06 PM
I'm in for the 5th. It may be easier though to set up a Skypecast so we can have almost an unlimited number of people.

Could we call it "The Pacific Post-Mortem"? When Emily and I discussed this in the past week during a Skypetastic recording session, we talked about doing Skypecasts. On a Skype conference call we can have up to nine people plus the call originator. On a Skypecast we could get more folks in. We could record the session from here as we are equipped for that.

Apollymy
March 31st, 2008, 12:29 AM
I'd be interested, too.

I like Skype. I use my bluetooth headset and don't have to be tied to my computer.

Hopefully, I'll have seen the episode by then. I don't have cable, so I have to depend on the kindness of others taping it for me... :/

Emilyfromohio
March 31st, 2008, 01:35 PM
I'll open up a skypecas way way early hahaha. It's good though, Alpaca, because you said we could do it before the show aired, but I said it would get in the way of the frak party. Then I said we could always do it after, but then changed my midn and decided on the morning. You gave me the time and made me post it yay Alpaca

Emilyfromohio
April 2nd, 2008, 06:41 PM
So what is skype?

Skype is this awesome thing, that lets you connect with people over the internet. It is how many of your favorite podcasts, outside of gwc are recorded. YOu can talk to someone in England, and it'lls ound like thier int he same room. Just tgo to
www.skype.com

All you need is a microphone. I'm pretty sure most visits, and all macs (new enough) have inturnal mics). Now, most computers come with a cheap, handheld mic. Gamers will probably also find a mic in their boxes. It's mostly a headset, and maybe not the best quality but it works. You can pick up some pretty cheap but good mics for 14 bucks at best buy. Headphones don't hurt, but if you can't use headphones, just keep the volume a little lower, and take your mic away from the speaker. Besides, I'm sure most peple can ahndle sound bleeding into the mi, just a little bit.

So, then you have the question of skypecasts. I think skypecasts require skype 3.0. If you sign on skype, you'll see a "live" icon above your name. All skypecasts that are going on at the time will show up. I think I'll also find some way to get a link up, if I can.

Emilyfromohio
April 2nd, 2008, 06:51 PM
Actualy, in orderr to use skyepcast, you need skype 3.2 or later. It only took aobut three seconds for me to update at least

The33MinuteMan
April 2nd, 2008, 07:00 PM
Sounds snazzy to me.

Hot_Dog_Will_Save_All
April 2nd, 2008, 09:12 PM
Sounds Awesome let's do it!

Hot_Dog_Will_Save_All
April 2nd, 2008, 09:42 PM
I hate to sound dumb but there is no skypecast for the mac osx version, In fact there is not even a live tab for the mac osx version of skype. It is only found on the windows version. So I don't know how that would work other than having to download and hook up a camera and a mike to my desktop that I rarely use. Just thought I would point that out! Let me know if I am wrong.

The Alpaca Herder
April 2nd, 2008, 10:01 PM
From what I can see on this end, it does not appear to be problematic to initiate such on MacOS X. The key thing that we need to settle is the time on Saturday morning. From there we can set up a private/hidden/whatever Skypecast for GWC folks to participate in.

Hot_Dog_Will_Save_All
April 2nd, 2008, 10:19 PM
So you see the live tab on your skype for mac osx? Or the skypecast? Because I looked all over the place on skype and could only see a conference call not a skypecast or a live bar.

The Alpaca Herder
April 2nd, 2008, 10:39 PM
Nah, this is something where you would have to go to Skype's website. Try http://skypecasts.skype.com/. For Mac folks like us that is the starting point, I think.

Leon Kensington
April 2nd, 2008, 10:52 PM
So do we have a finalized time for this endevour?

Hot_Dog_Will_Save_All
April 2nd, 2008, 10:55 PM
I am pretty mac savvy and I am pretty sure with this version you can't join or even host a skypecast. If you checkout that website you linked and try to join a skypecast or host it it tells you that you need version 3.2 or later and the newest version they have out for mac is 2.7 so you cannot join in without a windows version. Kinda sucky for someone who doesn't want to partition their drive and doesn't have a Windows based pc. (I will be fine because I have a PC I can get set up on but I just want to point this issue out for people who wont be) Really sorry if I am getting annoying.

The Alpaca Herder
April 2nd, 2008, 11:00 PM
So do we have a finalized time for this endevour?

11 AM Eastern Daylight Time? How this plays out in the west can be seen at http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=4&day=5&year=2008&hour=11&min=0&sec=0&p1=422. I believe Emily may be hosting this shindig so sticking with that time makes it hopefully easier.

Hot_Dog_Will_Save_All
April 2nd, 2008, 11:12 PM
Yeah I looked it up through their help forum and they still haven't fixed the skypecast for mac osx so you can't use it until they do. Sorry for all the posts. Just thought I would put that out there though so that people will be prepared if they have a mac.

Leon Kensington
April 3rd, 2008, 07:29 AM
And the name of the SkypeCast will be...?

Kag1
April 3rd, 2008, 08:12 AM
Wow, very disapointed.:( I use macs exclusively. Guess I will just have to keep up on the forum.

Emilyfromohio
April 3rd, 2008, 09:56 AM
wait wait wait 24 people can fit into a skpe cnference call. Would that be easior?

You'd have to ask me to be on my buddy list, but would that be easior do you think? (skype name is emilyfromohio)

The Alpaca Herder
April 3rd, 2008, 10:03 AM
wait wait wait 24 people can fit into a skpe cnference call. Would that be easior?

You'd have to ask me to be on my buddy list, but would that be easior do you think? (skype name is emilyfromohio)

Well, you've got me on the list. For those without Skype you would just need telephone numbers. That is, of course, presuming you have Skype Credit on-hand.

Emilyfromohio
April 3rd, 2008, 10:06 AM
if you have skypeout Astro,

The Alpaca Herder
April 3rd, 2008, 10:11 AM
if you have skypeout Astro,

Yeah, I do. There is a SkypeIn number too. That number is 702-425-8547.

Emilyfromohio
April 3rd, 2008, 01:12 PM
I think I'll send individual pms to people who have expressed interest in the meetup to ask to add me to their buddy list, because I think the skype conference is really the best way to include everyone

Plus, it can be moderated better. You can moderate a skypecast but in a conference, what do you have to moderate?

Emilyfromohio
April 4th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Hey, I really hope Audra, Sean, and Chuck don't mind but in case anyone has a phone, and wants to come on to the meeting, I set up a talkshoe account because astro herder has skype out
http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web/talkCast.jsp?masterId=16921&cmd=tc

Anders Fan
April 5th, 2008, 07:38 AM
I just wanted to mention for anyone that missed it last night, the live podcast was so much fun! Just want to send out a special shout out to everyone that hung till the end...I am SOOOOO sleepy...hehe

Leon Kensington
April 5th, 2008, 08:03 AM
I just wanted to mention for anyone that missed it last night, the live podcast was so much fun! Just want to send out a special shout out to everyone that hung till the end...I am SOOOOO sleepy...hehe

Yah, I need to remember a quote from Tigh, with a slight addition.

Tigh: You know how to never get a [caffine] hangover?
Starbuck: No
Tigh: You don't stop drinking.

Anders Fan
April 5th, 2008, 08:30 AM
Yah, I need to remember a quote from Tigh, with a slight addition.

Tigh: You know how to never get a [caffine] hangover?
Starbuck: No
Tigh: You don't stop drinking.

*raises my Coke in salute*

Sean
April 5th, 2008, 09:17 AM
*raises my Coke in salute*

I raise my first Dr. Pepper of the morning in Salute of that as well!

Emilyfromohio
April 5th, 2008, 11:48 AM
Wow, it was a stressful time. We thought we could hook up taalkshoe with skype, but couldn't. BSo, a hour late, we did it. Sorry if you left early, we ahd to restart the client

But, I'm not sure if anyone is interested, but ugh well,w e were thinking ao but doing it on talkshoe next week at 12pm. If anyone is crazy enough to take a listen to what we recorded you can hahahaha....theres some pauses, and stuff that should have beene dited out if this was going to be a podcast lol

Emilyfromohio
April 5th, 2008, 11:52 AM
But man we got to do that gwc live podcast so we can be up until 3am or 4am and go cheeseburger over and over again lol

gwensdad2003
April 5th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Sorry I had to bug out but Gwen really really wanted to play outside.
And for some reason, the shoephone client crashed or otherwise "went away" but I could still hear everyone until it was over.
(and tomorrow, we're going to the Indiana Alpaca Invitational (http://www.indianasnewscenter.com/news/local/17323509.html)!)

Emilyfromohio
April 9th, 2008, 09:59 AM
Sorry about that. I ended the call when Rachel got off, but I forgot to put in the chatroom that we were all elaving, and I kind of thought you left....but we're doing onee next saturday (they made me, man) at noon on talkshoe, but I don't think anyone will show up...but me hehehe

Emilyfromohio
April 11th, 2008, 09:46 PM
WARNING This wees talshoe chat has been pushed to one est. Sorry, its due to the matter of a prom dress lol

Anders Fan
April 12th, 2008, 10:07 AM

Here is the Talkshoe link for anyone interesting in joining in.

Emilyfromohio
April 12th, 2008, 10:23 AM
Thanks Anders fan :D

Topgun
April 12th, 2008, 10:28 AM
:D Now there's no way to back out of it , Em !!

Emilyfromohio
April 12th, 2008, 10:32 AM
Good thign i wasn't planning on backing out of it ay? hehe

Emilyfromohio
April 12th, 2008, 10:59 AM
hey talkshoe si open now

Emilyfromohio
April 19th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Talkshoe gwc after frak party/galactica watercooler online meet up opens in 30 minutes. You can enter the chatroom or call in up to 15 minutes early for the ugh....preshow? lol

bkitty
April 19th, 2008, 01:17 PM
WARNING This wees talshoe chat has been pushed to one est. Sorry, its due to the matter of a prom dress lol

you have to post a pic of you in your prom dress! That would be so cool!

I hope you have a wonderful time!

Anders Fan
April 19th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Huge thanks to EmilyfromOhio for hosting the weekly live casts and dealing with the technical side of the live chat while moderating as well. Hopefully she won't mind me posting this little reminder to everyone. :D

For those of you that might not be aware, the live frak party is happening the Saturday following each episode. Emily is hosting and we have been having a lot of fun and continuing the discussions from the other frak party threads. Everyone is invited to join us!

The calls are hosted on Talkshoe and feature live web chat and live audio chat. You can participate in the live discussion via the chat room, your PC microphone if you have one, or if you are like me and too cheap to go buy a microphone, you can call in via your home phone or cell and participate in the voice chat as well.

This is the link for the Talkshoe site. The webcasts are available for download and can be streamed anytime. We are new to this so please excuse the occasional technical difficulty. We have even had our first celebrity call ins with Audra and Chuck joining us live this weekend at the end of the call.

Hope to see/hear you all there next weekend!

frakkintalos
April 20th, 2008, 06:26 AM
I just started listening to the first episode entitled 'Episode 1.5 -- The Alpaca Herder sits in'. I can't stop laughing. Emily is having about 16 conversations, including talking to herself. "Why are we all Alpacas? Huh? Why are we all Alpacas, again? Huh? Why are we all Alpacas? Huh? Why are we all Alpacas? I don't know." Then she goes, "Isn't Helo hot?" I fell off my chair.

Topgun
April 20th, 2008, 08:48 AM
Yes, thanks again Emily for a fun time Saturday. I've been in on the first two, with 4 or 5 others from GWC, and had a ball. For everyone who participated in the #94 LIVE GWC podcast, it's got that rollercoaster out of control sort of feel, except on a smaller scale. I just use my cellphone and have the laptop on also, so I can post comments with my rapier-like wit while Anders Fan gushes over Anders' beefy arms, or Emily tries to figure out how she can invite Helo to her prom. We all talk over each other from time to time, (but that's been getting better, I think). And Chuck and Audra called in to talk, which was great !!
The whole thing is just a nice enhancement to the GWC world. Kudos to EmilyfromOhio.

BSG4Ever
April 22nd, 2008, 07:45 AM
I have a Headset with Microphone will that work. I hope to join in on saterday.

Emilyfromohio
April 23rd, 2008, 09:50 AM
Headsets workf ine Keep in mind, we're not going for sound qulity. There is a reason why this show is not listed on itunes. Whyd o I record it nayway? lol...well some people do download it for some reason.

Anders Fan
April 26th, 2008, 09:17 AM

Here is the link for the weekly meet up. The meet-up is at one PM EST. We have a lot of fun on this live podcast and somewhere in the silliness we actually manage to talk about the show and this week was great so the discussion will be fun. Even if you don't have a way to call in, you can join us in the chat function. One of us is always checking the feed to respond and work your comments and questions into the cast. Hope to see you all there.

So say we all!

Emilyfromohio
April 26th, 2008, 10:17 AM
IMPORTENT NTOICE

Okay, so I'd lvoe to post a thread about this importent notice but the forum hates me and wont' let me post a thread in this subfourm lol.

Anyway, I'm not going to be here today at one. Here's how its going to work. I'm going to get Hot-dog-will-save-us-all to be me today. If he is not there in fifteen minutes (I don't know if he can make it because he is buidlign web pages) and the Alpaca Herrder is there, he's going to moderate

Now, if anyone knwos they can come, and in the wrost posible last resort minute we need soemone, you're weblcome to reply to thispost so I can pm you my pin/password/username

Thanks

The other thing you can do is tell people whats going on if they dont' see me in the chat

Anders Fan
April 26th, 2008, 10:26 AM
By the way, have fun tonight, Emily!!!

Emilyfromohio
April 26th, 2008, 12:56 PM
nice job Stephen! Great! Consider myself upstaged lol

bkitty
April 26th, 2008, 01:05 PM
How is prom prep, Em?

I am so stoked for you!

bkitty
April 26th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Stephen was awesome!

It was a great time!

The Alpaca Herder
April 26th, 2008, 10:14 PM
For those curious how to download the latest edition of the Saturday round-up, all you need to do is follow this link: http://recordings.talkshoe.com/TC-16921/TS-109415.mp3?dl=1

Hopefully such is received well.

Topgun
April 26th, 2008, 10:19 PM
Sorry I missed it today, AH ! Slept late after a long night...Hope all went well and fun was had as usual !

Anders Fan
April 26th, 2008, 10:44 PM
You did a great job, Alpaca Herder! Thanks for filling in for Emily. It was very nicely led.

BSG4Ever
April 27th, 2008, 12:53 PM
I was there for maybe five minutes when our power went out (Someone hit a power line/pole near my house, they are ok). We didnt have power for almost 2 hours.

Topgun
April 27th, 2008, 02:35 PM
I was there for maybe five minutes when our power went out (Someone hit a power line/pole near my house, they are ok). We didnt have power for almost 2 hours.
Cylon Attack !! :eek: They're infiltrating the infrastructure...Watch out for hot blondes in red dresses. (Actually you should be watching out for those anyway, but..)

Emilyfromohio
May 3rd, 2008, 10:52 AM
we start in a few

Solai
May 3rd, 2008, 12:26 PM
That was fun Emily, thanks for putting together! Can't wait to see the prom pics! :D

Anders Fan
May 9th, 2008, 09:39 PM
Speaking of which, did I miss the prom pics?

Just a reminder to everyone, the live GWC Podcast happens at 1PM EST Saturday on Talkshoe! Lots of stuff to cover this week so please head on over and join in!

frakkintalos
May 9th, 2008, 10:41 PM
I so wish I could be involved in this but it happens at a bad time. During the talkshoe thing, I take my daughter to ballet. Gots to keep me priorities straight.

adoracion
May 9th, 2008, 10:47 PM
Speaking of which, did I miss the prom pics?

Just a reminder to everyone, the live GWC Podcast happens at 1PM EST Saturday on Talkshoe! Lots of stuff to cover this week so please head on over and join in!

um... EST.. i think thats me! but i dont how the HOW to do this....

quick tutorial anyone? god knows i missed the NY Meetup, and i REALLY would love to be part of SOMETHING before the show bites it... so please be gentle with me.

thanks beautiful people...:o

The Alpaca Herder
May 10th, 2008, 12:21 AM
um... EST.. i think thats me! but i dont how the HOW to do this....

quick tutorial anyone? god knows i missed the NY Meetup, and i REALLY would love to be part of SOMETHING before the show bites it... so please be gentle with me.

thanks beautiful people...:o

To learn how to participate, visit http://www.talkshoe.com/tc/16921. You may want to set up a TalkShoe account although that is not essential. The information there will help you get in on the fun.

Juan
May 10th, 2008, 03:18 AM
Hrm, this starts about 20minutes before I head to work, but I'll still try to make it on tomorrow....<looks at clock>err, this morning

- David -

Anders Fan
May 10th, 2008, 08:35 AM
I have a few things to do this morning as well. I am hoping to be done in time for the call but we may have to endure me on my blue tooth again...hehe

Emilyfromohio
May 10th, 2008, 11:02 AM
we're starting now folks hehe

Kag1
May 10th, 2008, 12:05 PM
Thanks Stephen you did a great job sitting in for Emily, and thanks to everyone there I had a great time and can't wait for new material to talk about next week! (ethanask)

Juan
May 10th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Lots of fun, I had to drop out for a bit but I did make it back to listen to the end (had to go to work, but I work at a computer store so it wasn't much effort to get hooked up here)

Oh, and see my sig for links to the GWC song I played.

- David -

Kag1
May 10th, 2008, 12:26 PM
LOVE the songs KMehthas! The one about emily is especially appropriate. Let the good times roll.

Topgun
May 10th, 2008, 12:32 PM
Thanks Emily and Stephen for a great hour ! See you all next week.

coco
May 10th, 2008, 10:19 PM
Thank you y'all! the meetup time works great with me, if only because it's usually right after i get the chance to watch the episode. I had a great time spewing remarks and random things i feel right after watching the show, even if I'm mute :) hopefully i could figure it out by next week to de-mute!

Emilyfromohio
May 11th, 2008, 08:14 PM
Although most people know that the next live show for gwc is I think 12pm cst. Okay, so that means there will be no after frak party this week...I guess if chuck audra and sean eave but more people want to stay, we can open up the after frak party, but the next official show will be the week after this satuday

Pike
May 11th, 2008, 08:27 PM
Although most people know that the next live show for gwc is I think 12pm cst. Okay, so that means there will be no after frak party this week...I guess if chuck audra and sean eave but more people want to stay, we can open up the after frak party, but the next official show will be the week after this satuday

Or you could do the pre-frak party and take the right-after-BSG slot that week.

Not sure how that would work, but it's an option.

Emilyfromohio
May 12th, 2008, 09:55 AM
hey if anyonde can show..frak we could do a party and start it at 11am an hour before the gwc party....lol...is anyone cool with that? lol.

Kag1
May 12th, 2008, 01:39 PM
I am all for it. Lets just GWC it all day long!:)

Topgun
May 16th, 2008, 02:59 PM
hey if anyonde can show..frak we could do a party and start it at 11am an hour before the gwc party....lol...is anyone cool with that? lol.
I'll be there, whenever you decide..just let us know Emily !

The Alpaca Herder
May 16th, 2008, 03:12 PM

That may be for the best. If the GWC Live event is kicking off at noon Central then it starts when the after-frak party normally would.

Or you could do the pre-frak party and take the right-after-BSG slot that week.

Not sure how that would work, but it's an option.

We could have a LATE late-night one after the Pacific airing finishes. That would be a potentially interesting event.

I am not sure I am going to be up at 8 AM Pacific, though.

I am all for it. Lets just GWC it all day long!:)

I wish I could. I wish I could.

I'll be there, whenever you decide..just let us know Emily !

Yep.

The Alpaca Herder
May 16th, 2008, 09:19 PM
After discussion with Emily it looks like we will try to have the after-frak session Saturday morning at 8 AM Pacific, 11 AM Eastern.

There may well be an online session after the Pacific airing tonight if folks are still up and awake for that.

Emilyfromohio
May 16th, 2008, 09:23 PM
Okay, I'll do you one better. At 2am est./11pm pacific, there will be a after frak party for the pacific time. I can't promise you anyone will come...or that it'll eve happen again but there you go.

Oh,a nd theres still a after after frak party pre galactica watercooler party 100 at 11am est (if the live show is at 1pm estm, it shoudl be fine)

Juan
May 23rd, 2008, 05:18 PM
will there be one again this week at some point?

The Alpaca Herder
May 23rd, 2008, 05:51 PM
will there be one again this week at some point?

There is an episode scheduled for Saturday, it appears. If you want to talk tonight during when the episode would normally air on this cost, just call me via Skype.

Emilyfromohio
May 24th, 2008, 09:26 AM
sorry guys I was gone the whole day to say that yes there is one tfor today at 1pm/12 central, pending anyone shows up hehe.

Juan
May 24th, 2008, 10:26 AM
sounds good - i'll be needing to take off about 25mins in to head to work but i might be able to get set up there too (only takes me about 5mins to get there)

Emilyfromohio
May 24th, 2008, 11:08 AM
show starts any minute now

Juan
May 24th, 2008, 02:40 PM
fun as ever! thanks again emily! sorry i dropped out there near the end (well not the end i guess, but after the end of the `cast before the chat ended), real life got in the way again

- David -

Topgun
May 24th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Thanks Em !! I had to drop in after the recorded 'cast, but it was still fun talking with "the usual suspects". I think the whole Darth Maul being killed off too soon conversation was great! And there was actual serious discussion of technology, and women and sci-fi....how'd that get in there ??:D

Good times as always Emily and all...TT you in a week.

The Alpaca Herder
June 7th, 2008, 01:12 PM
The current episode of the GWC After Frak Party, "Kiwi In The Goo", can be downloaded at http://recordings.talkshoe.com/TC-16921/TS-121341.mp3.

Topgun
June 7th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Great job as always Alpaca Herder ! :D

Emilyfromohio
June 7th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Alpaca Herder thank you so much I'm listening to it now, nearlydone with it I love it thank you for helping me.

And I'll say it again, if you come, we will build it. If people show up to a after frak party during the hiatus, we will continue.

LittleMissT
June 7th, 2008, 08:58 PM
We can still have the After Frak Parites, we can talk about anything really.

LittleMissT
June 7th, 2008, 08:58 PM
oops...I mean Parties.

Topgun
June 7th, 2008, 09:13 PM

oops...I mean Parties.

Darn ! I thot I was going to learn new word ! :D

Lady D
June 7th, 2008, 09:50 PM

Darn ! I thot I was going to learn new word ! :D

actually, it's the cause of Hot Dog's rash--he got a bad case of parites

Emilyfromohio
June 10th, 2008, 10:31 PM
Guys i need some quick imput. Can we have the after frak party on sunday instead of saturday at 1pn> it sucks but evcerything I have to do on a saturday falls now, and i'm slefish but I really can't stand missing revaltions hahahaha. Can we do the after frak party on sunday on 1pmest instead? just for this wek

Topgun
June 10th, 2008, 10:32 PM
Guys i need some quick imput. Can we have the after frak party on sunday instead of saturday at 1pn> it sucks but evcerything I have to do on a saturday falls now, and i'm slefish but I really can't stand missing revaltions hahahaha. Can we do the after frak party on sunday on 1pmest instead? just for this wek

I'll be there Emily, and I'll bring ShadowAce. :D

The Alpaca Herder
June 10th, 2008, 10:46 PM

Brother Stephen has to be at church then. I am not preaching but I really should be there. That being said, I may get a wrench thrown into the works at my job too.

I'll be there Emily, and I'll bring ShadowAce. :D

If we can get enough folks on-board, then I can try to go for evening service instead of the morning. We could also shoot for going for an eastern chat and a western chat after the episode airs Friday night, too. Such also ensures no concerns from work at all.

Emilyfromohio
June 10th, 2008, 11:06 PM
we coudl always go crazy and do osmmthing like kick somthing off at 11 30 est. on friday night lol as long as pobile too lol then do like what? saturday and sunday? like a ttoaly after frak party insaneness/

Emilyfromohio
June 10th, 2008, 11:14 PM
Somthing like this

i can do a talkshoe at 11 30 (instead of like 11 because chats open 15 minutes early) one stcific timers enter. Then on saturday, stephen as open untill the pacific peeps come in and chat more or maybe you stop it and then open oup another one at 2am lol

Then, on saturday maybe i fyou...stpehen I might need your help on this but maybe we can still have a Helo sandwhcith episode at one pm. I can make it, I'd just be late

Then on sunday,w e can have anders sandwhich at 1pm?

Is that to much? lol. It is the last episode for the year so thats alot but I don't know its crazy probably wouldnt get anyone to go to it but hehe

Juan
June 11th, 2008, 12:07 AM
I'll be there - Sunday works better for me anyways.

EDIT:
friday night i COULD do but I won't have the episode by then, saturday i could still do but sunday is ideal
EDIT2:
I'd really hate to have to do Friday night, as I'd have to keep my ears covered most of the time.

The Alpaca Herder
June 11th, 2008, 12:38 AM
Okay, here is a proposed run-down:

Friday night, 16 minutes after the end of the episode in the Eastern Time Zone: Emily hosts the CT/ET discussion of what will likely be a crazy episode leaving everybody saying: "WHAT?".

Friday night, 16 minutes after the end of the episode in the Pacific Time Zone: Brother Stephen hosts the PT/MT discussion of what will likely be a crazy episode leaving everybody saying: "WHAT?".

Saturday: Due to the holiday Sunday, could conceivably hold further discussion at 10 PM Eastern, 7 PM Pacific.

Sunday: Father's Day in the United States and Canada as well as the UK apparently. Should spend time with families instead of on Talkshoe.

Juan
June 11th, 2008, 01:53 AM
That schedule means I'm out.

Anders Fan
June 11th, 2008, 04:46 AM
Somthing like this

i can do a talkshoe at 11 30 (instead of like 11 because chats open 15 minutes early) one stcific timers enter. Then on saturday, stephen as open untill the pacific peeps come in and chat more or maybe you stop it and then open oup another one at 2am lol

Then, on saturday maybe i fyou...stpehen I might need your help on this but maybe we can still have a Helo sandwhcith episode at one pm. I can make it, I'd just be late

Then on sunday,w e can have anders sandwhich at 1pm?

Is that to much? lol. It is the last episode for the year so thats alot but I don't know its crazy probably wouldnt get anyone to go to it but hehe

I am available anytime an Ander's Sandwich is scheduled.

Okay, here is a proposed run-down:

Friday night, 16 minutes after the end of the episode in the Eastern Time Zone: Emily hosts the CT/ET discussion of what will likely be a crazy episode leaving everybody saying: "WHAT?".

Friday night, 16 minutes after the end of the episode in the Pacific Time Zone: Brother Stephen hosts the PT/MT discussion of what will likely be a crazy episode leaving everybody saying: "WHAT?".

Saturday: Due to the holiday Sunday, could conceivably hold further discussion at 10 PM Eastern, 7 PM Pacific.

Sunday: Father's Day in the United States and Canada as well as the UK apparently. Should spend time with families instead of on Talkshoe.

Any of the options, Emily's or Stephen's works for me. Just let me know what ya'll decide.

Emilyfromohio
June 11th, 2008, 09:09 AM
ooo yeah fathers day I forgot sorry. Stephen, i love t idea. I think I'll send pms to some of the gwc after frak party reguelrs to see if they like it unless hey reply here like ander's fan hehe

The Alpaca Herder
June 14th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Missed the chats over "Revelations"? Catch up with the links below:

The East Coast Chat known as "The Long Year" (http://recordings.talkshoe.com/TC-16921/TS-124613.mp3)
The West Coast Chat known as "Arm Porn" (http://recordings.talkshoe.com/TC-16921/TS-124614.mp3)
The Saturday Mopping Up Chat known as "The Helo Sandwich hold the mayo" (http://recordings.talkshoe.com/TC-16921/TS-122946.mp3)

Four hours of interesting discussion might just tide you over as we head into this huge wilderness?

Emilyfromohio
June 14th, 2008, 01:21 PM
And ther eis a frak party next week. I don't care if I am talking to myself hahaha

Thanks so much Stephen for being my wing man, my Tigh if you will. Thanks guys for coming, I thought no one would ocme hehe

The Alpaca Herder
June 14th, 2008, 01:26 PM
And ther eis a frak party next week. I don't care if I am talking to myself hahaha

Thanks so much Stephen for being my wing man, my Tigh if you will. Thanks guys for coming, I thought no one would ocme hehe

Take the calls we did plus GWC #104 and you get a whole six hours of discussion. That's probably a way for folks to ease the pain of nothing new until February 2009.

Topgun
June 15th, 2008, 11:01 AM
LOL, that was fun guys...If you think the BSG Writer's Meeting podcasts sounded rambunctious, you ain't heard nothing ! Thank again Emily and Stephen, and the Usual Suspects...you know who you are. :)

The Alpaca Herder
June 15th, 2008, 11:31 AM
LOL, that was fun guys...If you think the BSG Writer's Meeting podcasts sounded rambunctious, you ain't heard nothing ! Thank again Emily and Stephen, and the Usual Suspects...you know who you are. :)

You're welcome Topgun.

LittleMissT
June 16th, 2008, 08:02 AM

Yep! they are loads of fun! I wish I could joined saterdays but I couldnt hear a thing and I know my headphones worked because I was tried to listen to something on my itunes and it worked so it should of worked with Talkshoe, I was on the live show the nightbefore and it worked fine.

Emilyfromohio
June 20th, 2008, 11:51 PM
Hmm wel there is always tomorrow. No really theres a after frak party tomorro w people. It's Caperica six's baby shower, David will be Caperica six, TRopgun will be Athina if they come, it'll be greaatttt

Leah
June 25th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Hmm wel there is always tomorrow. No really theres a after frak party tomorro w people. It's Caperica six's baby shower, David will be Caperica six, TRopgun will be Athina if they come, it'll be greaatttt

Will I see (hear) you this Saturday at 1:00 (Eastern time) on Talkshoe?

The Alpaca Herder
June 25th, 2008, 11:46 PM
Will I see (hear) you this Saturday at 1:00 (Eastern time) on Talkshoe?

If things go haywire, I may be at work and unable to join the 'shoe-crew. If things don't go haywire at work, I will endeavor to be there.

Topgun
June 26th, 2008, 09:13 AM

I'm Athena ? I might be late. If I'm Athena I'm taking an extra long bubble bath.

Topgun
June 26th, 2008, 09:13 AM

I'm Athena ? I might be late. If I'm Athena I'm taking an extra long bubble bath .
With lots of mirrors.

Emilyfromohio
June 26th, 2008, 10:39 AM
fine fine fine you can be Boomer lol

bkitty
June 26th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Waaah! I may not be able to join, due to summer work. :(

I'm not driving the bus, but I am working entertainment events- no IYKWIM's!

Picnic shows, game-running, etc. Kinda like the stuff in my siggy...

I'll be downloading it anyway!

The Alpaca Herder
June 26th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Waaah! I may not be able to join, due to summer work. :(

I'm not driving the bus, but I am working entertainment events- no IYKWIM's!

Picnic shows, game-running, etc. Kinda like the stuff in my siggy...

I'll be downloading it anyway!

Feel free to call things in. I've had this idea for doing a special production to amuse the crew. I don't quite know when that may erupt but with the way work went today I may have plenty of time on my hands soon.

The Alpaca Herder
June 27th, 2008, 11:43 PM
For those of the shoe crew, I should note that I have to work from 8:30 AM Pacific until 1:00 PM Pacific Saturday. I'll have to miss the call. That is to say, if the call is still happening this week.

Emilyfromohio
June 28th, 2008, 10:44 AM
we3 start in about fifteen minutes hehehe

bkitty
June 29th, 2008, 05:43 PM
Yo Em!

I was so bummed I had to go! I had to work what we call a 'bingo show'.

Yes, I do listen to all your Talkshoes! You are so funny! You are adorable, and I just wanna give you a big squishy hug!

I truly want to see more pix from you- and I'm willing to ante up my shame!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a89/bkitty2k4/blogsite/P6280003.jpg
My tragic costume- bucket added for your ridicule...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a89/bkitty2k4/blogsite/P6280004.jpg
The hub & me- tired from the heat!
And this is after his cheerleading gig at the fair!

Oh, and that's not all!

Click here (http://homepage.mac.com/bkitty2k4/PhotoAlbum50.html) for more fun!

Lady D
June 29th, 2008, 05:45 PM
there is no such thing as a bad pic of bkitty, 'cause she's just so damn cute!

bkitty
June 29th, 2008, 08:05 PM
there is no such thing as a bad pic of bkitty, 'cause she's just so damn cute!

oh, Lady, I could really scaaare you! :eek: lol!

But you are such a doll for being so sweet to me!

muah!

love, me! b! :D

Emilyfromohio
July 1st, 2008, 12:21 PM
When I think of bkitty I think of six lol kidding

bkitty
July 3rd, 2008, 09:59 AM
When I think of bkitty I think of six lol kidding

After those pix I posted, you'd better be!

Otherwise, I would question your taste! eep! :eek:

Emilyfromohio
July 5th, 2008, 11:02 AM
me and sahdowracer are all alone no body loves us lol

The Alpaca Herder
July 5th, 2008, 04:45 PM
me and sahdowracer are all alone no body loves us lol

Emergency response issues at work required my presence. My boss only just got out of the hospital this morning. While the call was happening I was Acting Boss at work.

Topgun
July 5th, 2008, 05:51 PM
That was a ball ! Especially the singing.

Yes, singing I said....:eek:

See you all next week !!:D

Juan
July 6th, 2008, 01:26 PM
I'm out for the foreseeable future - I'm working at a different store location on saturdays now, and I actually have work to do :D

- David -

Lady D
July 6th, 2008, 01:33 PM
I'm out for the foreseeable future - I'm working at a different store location on saturdays now, and I actually have work to do :D

- David -
http://th208.photobucket.com/albums/bb305/dancemuch/smilies/th_sad.gif

Emilyfromohio
July 7th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Missing you arleady David...well we missed you for the last two episodes and we'll keep missing you untill youc ome back lol

Juan
July 8th, 2008, 09:36 AM
heh sorry maybe I should record something you can play during the show :D

Uchiha Daisuke
July 8th, 2008, 10:33 AM
I don't know if this will work but I have been practicing for a while. Here is my KMehthas impersonation:
"heh sorry maybe I should record something you can play during the show :D"

Huh, Huh, Huh what you all think? Good yeah? I also play a David in real life so that helps.

Maybe we can get some sound drops like "Hey ladies!" and "Whatcha talking about Willis?"

Emilyfromohio
July 8th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Okay Its Your Job Lol

bkitty
July 11th, 2008, 02:52 PM
I gotta work again, this Saturday- waaah! I won't make it! :(

5 hour job!

Waaaah!

Emilyfromohio
July 12th, 2008, 10:59 AM
might be alla loent his week when davdi leaves

Emilyfromohio
July 12th, 2008, 11:10 AM
I'm all aloen there's no one here besides me

Uchiha Daisuke
July 12th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Great show Emily - You all don't know what you missed. We had a celebrity call in and everything. I thought sick days were created for a reason? Have a great week everyone!:cool:

Emilyfromohio
July 13th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Haydo called

The Alpaca Herder
July 13th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Haydo called

Who? Who is "Haydo"?

Uchiha Daisuke
July 13th, 2008, 09:06 PM
Who? Who is "Haydo"?

You know, Hayden Christensen (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0159789/).
H-Dog
H-Dizzle
H to the A to the Y to the D to the E to the N

Hay=Hayden, Do=the sound he mad when he saw his own performance.:D

The Alpaca Herder
July 13th, 2008, 09:10 PM
You know, Hayden Christensen (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0159789/).
H-Dog
H-Dizzle
H to the A to the Y to the D to the E to the N

Hay=Hayden, Do=the sound he mad when he saw his own performance.:D

Alrighty. I haven't listened to the call yet. I was working with my father on some scripting he was doing.

Juan
July 14th, 2008, 04:23 AM
Listening to last week's show - so what's this about me waking up married to Emily? ;)

Emilyfromohio
July 15th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Can anyone fill in for me next weekthis saturday? I'll be seeing the Dark Knight

The Alpaca Herder
July 16th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Can anyone fill in for me next weekthis saturday? I'll be seeing the Dark Knight

Barring anything bad happening at work, I will take the chair.

EFO, please set an opening topic.

Emilyfromohio
July 17th, 2008, 05:05 PM
Okay cool ugh..th eopenign topic can be ugh..b.atman haahahaha..whatever youw ant if youc anc ome. Thanks your my hero

The Alpaca Herder
July 18th, 2008, 10:29 PM
The call on TalkShoe will be happening Saturday. GalaxyRanger is specifically invited to join in. The topic is TBD although I will go with the flow.

If you have any questions, call me via Skype. Clicking the second symbol underneath the post count will bring up options. Even if it shows me off-line, calls forward to a cell phone here. Please be mindful of time zones as I may be sleeping.

Emilyfromohio
July 19th, 2008, 11:06 AM
Did anyone show up today Stephen? hehe

bkitty
July 19th, 2008, 11:09 AM
The call isn't there, I tried.

Anyone else there?

Lady D
July 19th, 2008, 11:21 AM
a saturday morning I actually have nothing to do, and y'all stand me up??!!?!?!

in the words of Dr Horrible: BALLS!

Lady D
July 19th, 2008, 11:22 AM
hey, bkitty! you've broken 500!

bkitty
July 19th, 2008, 11:29 AM
hey, bkitty! you've broken 500!

What?!!!!

oh, and I'm trying to start the meetup!

Lady D
July 19th, 2008, 11:32 AM
okay putting out minor fire be there soon

bkitty
July 19th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Setting up now, give it a couple minutes and we'll be live...

Lady D
July 19th, 2008, 11:45 AM
bkitty's got us up and running

The Alpaca Herder
July 19th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Did anyone show up today Stephen? hehe

Sarah Frost. I shut down after the second or third time TalkShoe kicked me out of both chat and telephone.

The call isn't there, I tried.

Anyone else there?

Probably not.

What?!!!!

oh, and I'm trying to start the meetup!

Hopefully you have better luck. TalkShoe kept kicking me out this morning.

Setting up now, give it a couple minutes and we'll be live...

Good.

bkitty's got us up and running

Enjoy. With as many times as TalkShoe hung up on me, I am not keen on trying to call back in this morning.

The Alpaca Herder
July 25th, 2008, 09:22 PM
Due to a company move on my end, I will not be on the podcast in the morning. Sadly this erupts but I need actual quarters.

Juan
July 26th, 2008, 12:36 AM
I'll be driving to our new store in Duncan (another city) tomorrow morning, so I won't be on. My sincerest apologies again, but real life keeps getting in the way.

bkitty
July 26th, 2008, 08:18 AM
Heard that. I'll be at the con all day. Catch you guys next time!

Emilyfromohio
July 26th, 2008, 10:49 AM
this after frak party si so...lonly...so alone lol

bkitty
July 29th, 2008, 11:22 PM
probably won't make it this saturday- puddy-tat has a party to attend at 11 am. sigh. I miss you guys!

The Alpaca Herder
July 30th, 2008, 12:49 AM
Well, now that I am temporarily jobless by my choosing, it appears that I will be on the call unless the family goes up Mt. Charleston Saturday.

Juan
July 30th, 2008, 01:12 AM
Upcoming sat I am working but not next Saturday! I guess i'll see you all then!!!!!!!!!

Emilyfromohio
August 8th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Okay I got the show sechduled but I am not sure if I can make it. So if anyone can fill in for me that'd be great. I'm also going to say someone has to fill in for me on the 22....thats my move day

GalaxyRanger
August 8th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Okay I got the show sechduled but I am not sure if I can make it. So if anyone can fill in for me that'd be great. I'm also going to say someone has to fill in for me on the 22....thats my move day

Move? So where's college taking you to?

The Alpaca Herder
August 8th, 2008, 02:12 PM

I'm in for Saturday. I had to record an interview this morning really frakking early. It should be easy to handle tomorrow.

Emilyfromohio
August 8th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Move? So where's college taking you to?

Just Northern Ohio

Juan
August 8th, 2008, 10:04 PM
I think you're just making excuses to avoid me, seeing as this is the first time in a while I can actually make it to the `cast... ;)

just kidding, cya all (whoever shows up) tomorrow!

Uchiha Daisuke
August 9th, 2008, 07:34 AM
Just Northern Ohio

That must be horrible. I can't believe they would make you change your name. Let me be the first to greet you, Emilyfromnorthernohio. :D

Juan
August 9th, 2008, 10:56 AM
"Tonight the role of [emily] will be played by a tall dark and sinister, ugly man."

I'm the only one on right now, I'll wait around to see if anyone shows up.

P.S. three points to whoever figures out where that quote is from

The Alpaca Herder
August 9th, 2008, 12:07 PM
"Tonight the role of [emily] will be played by a tall dark and sinister, ugly man."

I want to apologize for not showing up. I slept through my alarm. Family woke me up at 10:40 AM Pacific. I'm sorry, I got a little optimistic after how much of a pounding Friday was with disrupted sleep on my part. I used to be able to handle this just fine over the past few years but apparently no longer. :( :( :( :(

bkitty
August 9th, 2008, 12:54 PM

I can hear the voice! I can't remember the rest! Give it up!!

I hear Mal's voice...?

Juan
August 9th, 2008, 01:41 PM
and the answer is.... Aladdin!

Emilyfromohio
August 10th, 2008, 05:23 PM
just wanted to say thanks so much for ocming and hosting stephen, and everybody. Hope to see you next week.

The Alpaca Herder
August 10th, 2008, 07:30 PM
just wanted to say thanks so much for ocming and hosting stephen, and everybody. Hope to see you next week.

Emily, David did so instead of me. That interview I conducted at 5 AM Pacific the day before with a spokesperson at Homeland Security located in DC threw my body clock off quite badly. My apologies.

Juan
August 10th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Emily, David did so instead of me. That interview I conducted at 5 AM Pacific the day before with a spokesperson at Homeland Security located in DC threw my body clock off quite badly. My apologies.
I think that's proof enough that Emily doesn't listen to her own podcasts ;)
In any case, I'm always glad to fill in; if anyone has any constructive criticism on my hosting/moderating abilities, let me know.

bkitty
August 11th, 2008, 08:15 AM
I think that's proof enough that Emily doesn't listen to her own podcasts ;)
In any case, I'm always glad to fill in; if anyone has any constructive criticism on my hosting/moderating abilities, let me know.

You were great! Lots of fun! Hope we both make it this Saturday!

Emilyfromohio
August 11th, 2008, 07:11 PM
yeah can you guys pleaseee come? I'll give you a ugh.....thing lol

Leah
August 11th, 2008, 08:22 PM
yeah can you guys pleaseee come? I'll give you a ugh.....thing lol

I am sorry for missing last week. It was my last free weakened before school starts. I will try next week.

Juan
August 13th, 2008, 03:16 AM
so now I'm working Saturdays apparently. back to being unavailable for the near future...

Emilyfromohio
August 14th, 2008, 09:46 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Juan
August 15th, 2008, 08:29 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Okay, okay. Just got my hours and apparently now I'm working later, so I can join in tomorrow morning. Stop "Vader in Episode 3"-ing me already ;)

Uchiha Daisuke
August 15th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Okay, okay. Just got my hours and apparently now I'm working later, so I can join in tomorrow morning. Stop "Vader in Episode 3"-ing me already ;)

Are you sure you are from Canada? With as much as you flip flop I could swear you were a US Senator. :D

The party just wouldn't be the same without having some Mehth to spread around? :cool:

Juan
August 16th, 2008, 11:49 AM
we're live... where are you emily?

bkitty
August 16th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Frak! I missed it! I forgot this was Saturday! My calendar's all messed up! argh!!!

The Alpaca Herder
August 16th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Frak! I missed it! I forgot this was Saturday! My calendar's all messed up! argh!!!

It's okay Barb. I haven't been on in a while and actually showed up on the call today. That was probably unexpected for many.

Juan
August 17th, 2008, 01:11 AM
Wow, I sound tired on this week's `cast. Sorry bout that

The Alpaca Herder
August 17th, 2008, 09:59 AM
Wow, I sound tired on this week's `cast. Sorry bout that

It happens. I likely sounded tired too.

Uchiha Daisuke
August 17th, 2008, 10:16 AM
It happens. I likely sounded tired too.

I work nights, so I was also a bit sleepy. My audio is badddd, what kind off mics do you guys use?

bkitty
August 17th, 2008, 11:14 AM
If you called in using Skype, it may just be that. I have a good headset, now, but my audio still gets wonky when using Skype.

The Alpaca Herder
August 17th, 2008, 12:53 PM
If you called in using Skype, it may just be that. I have a good headset, now, but my audio still gets wonky when using Skype.

Oddly enough, I used my cell to call in this last time. Normally we don't have problems on Skype here.

Juan
August 17th, 2008, 10:28 PM
I usually use a Blue Snowball usb mic, but this week I didn't have it hooked up and just used the mic off my logitech usb headset.

Emilyfromohio
August 23rd, 2008, 03:12 PM
I'll come next week ololothanks Dave

Leah
August 23rd, 2008, 07:34 PM
I'll come next week ololothanks Dave

I finally showed up and you were off moving to school. Well where are your priorities. :p Have fun at School. You will do great. (Just a small pep talk for a Freshman.)

I use a phone and the number on talkshoe. That sounds so low tech.

Emilyfromohio
August 27th, 2008, 10:04 PM
Well..ugh...I kind of.......ugh.....thehehehe. You see for this week I hope i can come but ugh...I'm meeting up with Anders_fan so hopefully I can call in if she doens't mind lol

Anders Fan
August 29th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Of course I don't mind. Heck I might even call in myself or at least take your phone for a minute to say hello!!!!

The Alpaca Herder
August 29th, 2008, 09:03 PM
If I make it, I make it. If I don't, I don't. If I am late then I am late. I had an appointment scheduled at the last minute for a medical matter Saturday at 0900 PDT. I don't know how long it might take.

Emilyfromohio
August 29th, 2008, 09:33 PM
Of course I don't mind. Heck I might even call in myself or at least take your phone for a minute to say hello!!!!

In the small chance you'll read this before tomorrow...whats for lunch? lol

The Alpaca Herder
August 30th, 2008, 01:10 AM
If I make it, I make it. If I don't, I don't. If I am late then I am late. I had an appointment scheduled at the last minute for a medical matter Saturday at 0900 PDT. I don't know how long it might take.

It sounds like I am going to be quite tied up in the morning. Arrangements are being made for a family member to show up on the call. This might get interesting.

Anders Fan
August 30th, 2008, 08:19 AM
In the small chance you'll read this before tomorrow...whats for lunch? lol

Not sure, I am thinking Mexican though...

Juan
August 30th, 2008, 10:44 AM
gonna start in a bit, be there and be square!

Topgun
August 30th, 2008, 01:09 PM
Excellent job David ! Fun and informative. And Khaaan! And a quick call-in from Emily herself and Anders Fan ! And the super-secretive "Guest 7", taunting us from their hidden lair...

Emilyfromohio
August 30th, 2008, 08:31 PM
What did this guest sevens ay? Hopefully Guest seven wikll come next week..only this time they might be guest five or six lol

Uchiha Daisuke
September 7th, 2008, 09:51 AM
OK, Emily this is an intervention. You must see Terminator 2 asap. This is no laughing matter. For one of our own to not have scene this is not right. T2 is like the Holy Grail of sci-fi. Please, put down the LOST for a couple hours and watch this classic. :D

Kag1
September 8th, 2008, 07:51 PM
Emily!!!!!! You have not seen T2! Holy Crap! Drop your homework, other movies, plans for the evening etc. Take a direct route to your nearest movie store and rent it!

bkitty
September 13th, 2008, 10:59 AM
Is there a call today?

The Alpaca Herder
September 13th, 2008, 03:20 PM
Is there a call today?

Apparently there wasn't. Depending upon how my conscience feels, I may sneak a cross-post of something in so that folks can download something to listen to. We shall see...

Emilyfromohio
September 13th, 2008, 05:10 PM
I amnr eally really really really really really really really really sorry.

See, last night audiaicty died on me. I had jsut been told at nine that myfamaly was coming up flor my birthday. I was frsutrated becasue they were coming up at one o'clock...great tinibg, really.

Anyway, I was awake half the night tirng to get a episode out of a podcast tha ti do (I spent about twohours having audicity crashh) I woke up at 10 30 thsi morning but fll back asleep....I woke up at one and there was my ssiter baning on the door.

So, again I am really really really sorry this week didnt' work out. However, nexxt

The Alpaca Herder
September 13th, 2008, 05:44 PM
I amnr eally really really really really really really really really sorry.

See, last night audiaicty died on me. I had jsut been told at nine that myfamaly was coming up flor my birthday. I was frsutrated becasue they were coming up at one o'clock...great tinibg, really.

Anyway, I was awake half the night tirng to get a episode out of a podcast tha ti do (I spent about twohours having audicity crashh) I woke up at 10 30 thsi morning but fll back asleep....I woke up at one and there was my ssiter baning on the door.

So, again I am really really really sorry this week didnt' work out. However, nexxt

It's all good Emily. Just remember that your three main backup hosts are located on the west coast three hours behind you. I was up if you wanted to call us to warn of a need. I didn't really sleep overnight all that much for reasons I am totally unsure of. I think Kmehthas might have been up although I cannot hazard a guess as to bkitty. With a little bit of a heads-up any of us could possibly have covered for you.

Juan
September 13th, 2008, 11:39 PM
I hit snooz. "need more snooz", figuring "oh, Emily's all gung-ho about taking this back..." See what happens when I don't show up? :D

If anyone's jones'in for some GWCAFP chat, Skype me up! my username is jaundrew

- David -

Emilyfromohio
September 20th, 2008, 10:59 AM
See, now i am the only person in this afterfrak party. If no one shows up i am jsut going to ahve to whip out my google reader and start talking hahahaha

Juan
September 20th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Hey, I showed up.

Uchiha Daisuke
September 20th, 2008, 11:59 AM
I'm here :D

The Alpaca Herder
October 1st, 2008, 12:39 AM
With the possibility of webisodes kicking off, is it possible to shift the time to something else? This might also make Emily's life easier seeing as she is a first-term college freshman right now.

Emilyfromohio
October 4th, 2008, 12:08 AM
Hey guys just wnated to say that i am really really sorry the thing is mucus keeps flying out of my nose wow

Juan
October 4th, 2008, 01:20 AM
em if you're feeling bad i'll host it this morning.

The Alpaca Herder
October 4th, 2008, 02:08 AM
em if you're feeling bad i'll host it this morning.

I will endeavour to be on the call.

bkitty
October 4th, 2008, 04:03 AM
Poor Em! Get better, college girl!

I can't be there either- gotta work. I'm bummed I've been missing the calls so much lately, but whattayagonnado? :( Gotta make the dollas.

At least I can listen to what I missed later!

Emilyfromohio
October 4th, 2008, 08:49 AM
No see th ehting is i woke up from being horrible and i thhought it was 2pm...but it wazs really 2am. I have mucus coming from my mouth and nose b ut its not a big deal ro anything I hjjust had it worse at 2am..when i thought it was 2pm

Uchiha Daisuke
October 5th, 2008, 02:54 AM
Here (http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e325/dbr79/?action=view&current=NightManFinal.flv) is my favorite song from the episode we were talking about of It's always Sunny in Philadelphia. Charlie sings a song he wrote called Night Man. Hilarious!!! All members of the gutter will love this show. :D

*Warning Mature Content*

Juan
October 11th, 2008, 11:16 AM
we're live now! come join us!

Uchiha Daisuke
November 2nd, 2008, 08:19 AM
Thanks to Chuck for dropping in, that was great.

David, I hope you are okay because I haven't heard from you in a while. Don't get frustrated with these other guys lack of interest in BSG. :D

Great job as always Emily! ;)

The Alpaca Herder
November 2nd, 2008, 01:17 PM
If my MacBook hadn't gone SBOD, I might have made it to the end this week. Oh well.

Emilyfromohio
November 7th, 2008, 02:33 PM
hey guys!

I really want to apologize but something has come up for tomorrow that is going to drag me away from any sort of technology for the whole wekend. Its a retreat that happens about once a year. I'm going to schedule it for otmorrow, so if anyone can take over for me that'd be greaaatttt yeaahhhh.

Chuck
November 7th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Hey -- there's a Snow Crash discussion an hour earlier, too, if you're into it. I'll be sure and shut down around the time you're starting and let everyone know they can head that way.

The Alpaca Herder
November 7th, 2008, 11:47 PM
hey guys!

I really want to apologize but something has come up for tomorrow that is going to drag me away from any sort of technology for the whole wekend. Its a retreat that happens about once a year. I'm going to schedule it for otmorrow, so if anyone can take over for me that'd be greaaatttt yeaahhhh.

I will try to be up and online. If somebody could call 702-425-8547 (studio line) beforehand to ensure I am up I would appreciate it.

Juan
November 8th, 2008, 01:46 AM
hey guys!

On it like stink on a monkey.

beach23bum
November 30th, 2008, 01:31 PM
this is a great idea if anyone wants to do it again.

The Alpaca Herder
November 30th, 2008, 01:35 PM
this is a great idea if anyone wants to do it again.

We have. We've been running on TalkShoe...when TalkShoe cooperates. My signature has a link to the chat's page on TalkShoe. It is now formally titled GWC After Frak Party.

beach23bum
November 30th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Sweet, thank-you

The Alpaca Herder
December 6th, 2008, 12:45 AM
Just a reminder to folks that the GWC After Frak Party will be on Saturday. For more information on how to participate and to listen to previous episodes so as to get a feel for things, check out the links in my signature. If you hear somebody talking about DTV or libraries...you went to the wrong link.

In due time we may well have to consider going back to our old schedule. BSG supposedly is coming back on January 16th. Time will tell...

The Alpaca Herder
December 6th, 2008, 11:25 AM
For those wanting to catch up with the call, you can subscribe in iTunes using this little link: http://recordings.talkshoe.com/rss16921.xml

Topgun
December 6th, 2008, 01:55 PM
That was fun ! Thanx Stephen and Emily, great job as always. :D

The Alpaca Herder
December 6th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Okay, I have a question to throw out there. The first webisode is supposedly airing on December 12th. Do we want to shift the call to Friday night? It would be perhaps a warm up before we resume the regular season.

This would depend upon the release time of the webisode. If they're up in the early part of the day on the East Coast, we could hold the call at 6:30 PM Eastern/3:30 PM Pacific. Other arrangements could be possible.

Anybody have a thought on this one?

Emilyfromohio
December 6th, 2008, 10:38 PM
Old sechdule? Haven't we all been doing Saturdays since the start? I mean we did that one Friday show for the mid season ender, and I'd love to do that again for the premrie and season ender itself, but I think in my opinion, saturday at 1est. has seemed to ahve worked for awhile now.

Juan
December 6th, 2008, 10:40 PM
Old sechdule? Haven't we all been doing Saturdays since the start? I mean we did that one Friday show for the mid season ender, and I'd love to do that again for the premrie and season ender itself, but I think in my opinion, saturday at 1est. has seemed to ahve worked for awhile now.

Yeah, 10AM PST/1PM EDT on Saturday works best for me. I vote to leave the time as it has always been.

The Alpaca Herder
December 6th, 2008, 11:48 PM

Yeah, 10AM PST/1PM EDT on Saturday works best for me. I vote to leave the time as it has always been.

Cool. That's why I threw this out there. If more folks are okay with Saturday then that works. I've had a small amount of sleepwalking incidents lately so it can occasionally be rough trying to get out of bed in the morning.

Topgun
December 7th, 2008, 05:44 AM
Don't know if I participate enough to get a vote, but I'd stay with the Saturday timeslot too!

Leah
December 7th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Don't know if I participate enough to get a vote, but I'd stay with the Saturday timeslot too!

Sat. at one is still a goo time for me. Thanks all for the fun chats.

frakkintalos
December 7th, 2008, 08:10 PM
Sat. at one is still a goo time for me. Thanks all for the fun chats.

I love typos.

The Alpaca Herder
December 13th, 2008, 12:31 AM
It appears we are on at the regularly appointed time Saturday. Hopefully EmilyFromOhio can fit this in amidst her finals.

Emilyfromohio
December 13th, 2008, 11:29 AM
I want to apologize for the fact that there was nothing on today. I overslept. The week before exsams has been very harsh. I promise their will be a show next week