PDA

View Full Version : New Wallace & Gromit

Number 13
October 4th, 2007, 01:00 AM
n October 2007, Nick Park confirmed a new short film entitled Trouble at' Mill would be broadcast in late 2008 on the BBC. The story has Wallace and Gromit becoming bakers. In addition there is a murder mystery, and a new love interest for Wallace in the shape of bread enthusiast Piella Bakewell. Park expressed delight in returning the characters to British television, as "I don't feel like I'm making a film for a kid in some suburb of America — and being told they're not going to understand a joke, or a northern saying."

Great news! Late '08, back to the small screen as a half hour special. I loved Were Rabbit, but I felt it lost a bit of the intimacy the shorts had.

Chuck
October 4th, 2007, 09:14 AM
I hope they're also going back to the real claymation as opposed to the computer-simulated type. But I'm not sure that's possible in the time frame.

I enjoyed the movie, too, and I thought the jokes were "gettable." I'm sorry to see them head back to England, but as long as I can get the stuff here, I hope it works out well.

Solai
October 4th, 2007, 09:51 AM
Wallace and Grommit are such favorites...any new content is welcome!

Number 13
October 6th, 2007, 04:15 PM
I hope they're also going back to the real claymation as opposed to the computer-simulated type. But I'm not sure that's possible in the time frame.

I'm guessing you're talking about what they did with Flushed Away. Well this will be regular stop motion, even though it will be the fastest schedule they've ever worked on.

snacktime
October 6th, 2007, 04:33 PM
I heart Wallace and Gromit! this is excellent news.

Audra
October 6th, 2007, 05:16 PM
I love Wallace and Gromit too! My favorite scene has always been Gromit knitting in "The Wrong Trousers." He's sitting in bed, with his matching bone-print blanket and wallpaper, and each of his huge fingers moves quickly and intricately around the thread. Wonderful!!

snacktime
October 6th, 2007, 06:06 PM
I belong to several online knitting groups and often use an avatar of Gromit knitting. :D I like when he's knitting in bed and runs out of yarn and looks in surprise at the short end. I don't remember if that's from The Wrong Trousers or A Close Shave (the one where they go to the wool shop). I vaguely remember Wallace saying something about needing to buy yarn (for Gromit). I need to rewatch them all this weekend!

so cute! *waves knuckles*