PDA

View Full Version : The Office (US)

Number 13
October 8th, 2007, 06:18 PM
Any other fans of the show? I think it's absolutely brilliant and one of the best shows on TV. I bring this up because Joss Whedon is directing another upcoming episode in which Jim kills Pam, or at least that's what he says. I love how it can be so funny and so very cringeworthy at the same time.

Solai
October 8th, 2007, 07:19 PM
13, make it so.

Big fan of the Office. They say either it is your kind of humor or it is not. Friends, this is my kind of humor to a T. The best part is that it is only getting funnier as they develop more and more depth into the characters. Creed is now my favorite character...you simply don't know the depth of this man's pathos...and whether or not he is making all of it up. Brilliant.

Number 13
October 8th, 2007, 08:09 PM
Creed is now my favorite character...you simply don't know the depth of this man's pathos...and whether or not he is making all of it up.

No kidding! Creed's my favorite too. The stuff he says is absolutely hilarious. My favorite was in the season 3 premire ("Gay Witch Hunt") when he says that he had a lot of sex in the 60's and it's entirely possible that a guy might've "slipped in without knowing". And last week with the ink toner! OMG! Toby's my second favorite just because Michael hates him so much because he's from corporate.

I'm also a huge fan of Chuck. It's kind of like The Office with a few fights in every episode.

Solai
October 8th, 2007, 10:01 PM
No kidding! Creed's my favorite too. The stuff he says is absolutely hilarious. My favorite was in the season 3 premire ("Gay Witch Hunt") when he says that he had a lot of sex in the 60's and it's entirely possible that a guy might've "slipped in without knowing". And last week with the ink toner! OMG! Toby's my second favorite just because Michael hates him so much because he's from corporate.

I'm also a huge fan of Chuck. It's kind of like The Office with a few fights in every episode.

The moment that turned me into a Creed fan?
Dwight: Do you have the tools to turn a wooden mop handle into a stake?
Creed: What size?

I just watched Chuck with my wife to see if she would like it. She totally loved it, which means we have a new show we can watch together. She appreciates that Jayne is in it, but likes the clever writing and acting. Chuck rules.

ShadowGem
October 10th, 2007, 04:14 AM
I am an Office-holic, that to me is the show that you can watch over and over again and not get tired of it. My sister and I have bits which we do where we'll just say random crap that no one else will get. (Oh-oh Andy and the Tuna)
I saw Evan Almighty recently and he was driving along and said, "what did we do before GPS,' and I burst out laughing in the quiet theatre.
I think Chuck is pretty cool, too. But I'm biased, I've got some major Jayne love here.

Listerfiend
October 10th, 2007, 06:09 PM
yea creed is probably my favorite "side" character. he is probably the epitome of the guy you only want to work with if you are on his good side.

also, i love the on going crush that toby has on pam. it's just subtle enough to not be a big deal, but every time he gets rejected, i laugh hysterically.

Boxytheboxed
October 10th, 2007, 06:45 PM
Creed is awesome
which one is Toby?

Solai
October 10th, 2007, 06:47 PM
Toby is the HR guy, slightly balding, always butting heads with Michael. His voice sounds like an elongated whine...

"Erm...Michael...I don't think this is a good idea..."

ShadowGem
October 11th, 2007, 03:10 AM
that's a perfect an awesome Toby.

"Toby Flenderson is the worst thing to happen to the paper business."

Or

"Toby's part of HR so he's not really part of our family. He's divorced so he's not really part of his own family, either."

Or

"Michael's actually right."
"Shut up, Toby."

Luc
October 12th, 2007, 11:42 PM
Office and BSG are the only 2 shows I cannot miss. My 2 favorite show on TV right now. BSG is my favorite TV drama of all time.

Great cast on both shows.

Hey maybe in the upcoming episode where Jim and Pam visit Dwight's bed and breakfast he'll make them watch BSG. Then it will be like pizza and beer.

Number 13
October 12th, 2007, 11:45 PM
Well my favorite was when Dwight was talking to that one guy and told him he was an idiot for not watching BSG. lol

ShadowGem
October 14th, 2007, 08:32 AM
There was also another mention in E-mail Sureveilance where Jim had a party and Michael wanted to hang out with Dwight, and said they could watch that show he was always talking about, "Battlestar Galaxy."

Number 13
October 31st, 2007, 12:08 AM
Yeah. Battleship Galaxy lol. I wish Katee Sackhoff can/will do an appearance on the show since she mentioned in the past that NBC-U wanted her to come on for a cameo.

And if you thought The Office was good, just wait till you see The Office spinoff spinoff. It appears Dunder Mifflin is going to be undergoing an expasion. As a hardcore Office fan, I'm a little worried that the mothership will suffer, but I've got faith. The good thing is that they won't be breaking up the band in Scranton.
http://community.tvguide.com/blog/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/700000049

Solai
October 31st, 2007, 09:02 AM
Yeah. Battleship Galaxy lol. I wish Katee Sackhoff can/will do an appearance on the show since she mentioned in the past that NBC-U wanted her to come on for a cameo.

And if you thought The Office was good, just wait till you see The Office spinoff spinoff. It appears Dunder Mifflin is going to be undergoing an expasion. As a hardcore Office fan, I'm a little worried that the mothership will suffer, but I've got faith. The good thing is that they won't be breaking up the band in Scranton.
http://community.tvguide.com/blog/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/700000049

Hmmm. Hmmm. Hmmm. I am torn about this. Part of what makes the Office hysterical is that it acknowledges this environment is not normal. It isn't that every office is disfunctional...it is that this one is especially so. However, I do love the humor enough to hope they don't mess it up, and as the Stamford office showed us they can explore other situations and still be hysterical.

I think I just talked myself into it. This will be awesome.

Listerfiend
October 31st, 2007, 11:19 AM
i can't get enough of the office

can't wait!