PDA

View Full Version : Pushing daisies has been picked up for a full season

Nickname Boomer
October 23rd, 2007, 10:11 PM
Miracles upon miracles I was sure they were gonna wonderfalls this show.

Conrats to all involved and to abc for trying something different and giving it a chance to grow.
:D

EnoNomi
October 26th, 2007, 11:30 AM
I'm loving this show. Loved it so much in fact I was sure it'd be doomed. Nothing that clever is ever allowed to flourish.

Solai
October 26th, 2007, 01:16 PM
So much good TV this season. I hadn't checked this one out...I'll have to add it to the queue!

Magnus
October 26th, 2007, 01:49 PM
I thought this show was going to be killed after a couple of episodes. Glad to see it hasn't. Somehow I think that Journeyman will be up for the chop, anyone know how it's been doing ratings wise.

Nickname Boomer
October 26th, 2007, 02:45 PM
I thought this show was going to be killed after a couple of episodes. Glad to see it hasn't. Somehow I think that Journeyman will be up for the chop, anyone know how it's been doing ratings wise.

And they seem to think it’s not looking good for a full season.

Haven’t seen It yet, is it a good show?

Magnus
October 26th, 2007, 03:08 PM
And they seem to think it’s not looking good for a full season.

Haven’t seen It yet, is it a good show?
What Journeyman? It's ok I guess. It's kind of like Quantum leap without the humour.

Armando
October 26th, 2007, 05:57 PM
I'm loving this show. Loved it so much in fact I was sure it'd be doomed. Nothing that clever is ever allowed to flourish.

Same here. My wife turned me on to it (returning the favor for "Arrested Development," I think) and we both love it. That, given our history with "Arrested," has made us fear for the show. This is great news!

DocP
October 27th, 2007, 06:13 AM
What Journeyman? It's ok I guess. It's kind of like Quantum leap without the humour.

Im enjoying Journeyman a lot, its one of my highlights from itunes each week, Ill agree that its a like quantum leap, though saying its the same without the comedy sells it short, it doesnt try to be a comedy and its actually a pretty good drama at the heart of it, I would say its more compareable to a show called "Goodnight Sweetheart," (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goodnight_Sweetheart)
________
MASTURBATION SHOWER (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/759/shower/videos/1)

Magnus
October 27th, 2007, 08:01 AM
Im enjoying Journeyman a lot, its one of my highlights from itunes each week, Ill agree that its a like quantum leap, though saying its the same without the comedy sells it short, it doesnt try to be a comedy and its actually a pretty good drama at the heart of it, I would say its more compareable to a show called "Goodnight Sweetheart," (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goodnight_Sweetheart)

I used to watch that show. I used to be on BBC all the time. A friend of mine bought the complete series boxset, it came in quite a nice tin. I suppose I was a little harsh on Journeyman, but it certainly doesn't have the humour that Quantum Leap (nor would I want it to). I was trying to get across that it is more of a serious version of Quantum Leap. It's not bad show, I just don't have the urge to go buy the dvds right away (should they ever be released). I'll certainly continue watching.

Armando
October 27th, 2007, 10:59 AM

"Journeyman" was one of the shows I wanted to check out early this season simply because I enjoyed Kevin McKidd's performance in "Rome" quite a bit (and "Rome" is/was one of my favorite shows). I just never found the time to sit down and watch it, even on tape, so I've given up on ever being able to watch it unless I catch it in a hiatus. :(

Still, I suppose this way I'm not disappointed, like I've been with "Bionic Woman." (I just can't get over the corny dialogue. I mean, who talks like that??!?!?! I know, I know: everyone says that, right? Well, two episodes was enough for me, I'm afraid.) I was, however, relieved at this week's episode of "Heroes," which I finally saw last night. I was afraid that the series was getting a little slow but realized that, for the most part, as long as they keep Claire and the wonder twins offscreen (and I don't know why Claire's been annoying me this season. Maybe it's cause her story is getting redundant? She used to be such a fun character!), the show keeps a nice pace going (especially if they keep using Parkman's dad and his creepy powers!).

All right, I'm taking this way off topic. Just watch "Pushing Daisies." It's quirky and fun and will keep you busy until BSG comes back, which at this rate could be fifteen years from now. NOOOOOO!!!!