PDA

View Full Version : My name is Earl

DocP
November 2nd, 2007, 07:01 PM
So does anyone else out there watch this show?

I've been into it since the first series, at first I thought it was like family guy in real action (with all the random cuts into jokeing scenes) but it quickly developed into a much smoother, funnier program. The setup is original and the jokes are funny, it also isnt scared to try new things or different formats, such as the 'cops' episode or the fact that the third series so far is taking place in prison.

Best quote of the series "She was baby cooking crazy!" I laughed for minutes after that.
________
Zx14 vs hayabusa (http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Which_bike_is_quicker_kawasaki_zx_-14_or_suzuki_hayabusa)

Magnus
November 3rd, 2007, 05:28 AM
I'm a big fan of Earl. I've been watching it since day one. The main reason I started to watch it was that I was a huge fan of Jason Lee's ever since Mallrats (Ethan Suplee is also in that movie). Season 3 has been pretty good so far. Hopefully it keeps it up

dxf
November 3rd, 2007, 05:31 AM
I'm a Kevin Smith fan, so I'm a Jason Lee/Ethan Supplee fan, so I was a big fan of the show... This season's pretty blah, though, I think. I understand and respect the big third-season change-up, though. I watch on TiVo and find myself skipping though it. That said, every episode has some brilliant, hilarious nuggets in it, at very least. Jamie Pressley (sp?) and Crab Man are great, too. Yeah, I wouldn't say it's BAD... I'm just not feeling it right now.

Magnus
November 3rd, 2007, 08:23 AM
I'm a Kevin Smith fan, so I'm a Jason Lee/Ethan Supplee fan, so I was a big fan of the show... This season's pretty blah, though, I think. I understand and respect the big third-season change-up, though. I watch on TiVo and find myself skipping though it. That said, every episode has some brilliant, hilarious nuggets in it, at very least. Jamie Pressley (sp?) and Crab Man are great, too. Yeah, I wouldn't say it's BAD... I'm just not feeling it right now.
Really? I consider the first few episodes of season 3 to be stronger than the the firtst few of season 2. Altough season 2 did pick up as it went on.

DocP
November 3rd, 2007, 09:05 AM
I thought the imagination episode was genius, especially the different styles of thought to suite each character, its this kind of originality that I like.

dxf
November 3rd, 2007, 10:11 AM
I'm not hating on the show, and I'm a huge classic rock fan, but all the musical cues are starting to bug me. I really liked it at first, but now it seems like they're going out of their way to cram in as many songs as they can, and tie 'em in with the plot when possible. Before, it seemed like a more casual way to round out the atmosphere/setting.

DocP
November 3rd, 2007, 01:40 PM
Another favorite episode of mine is when Earl develops a gambling problem in the 2nd series, all through the episode Catalina keeps going on about how she has to send money to stop bandits killing her brother and Earl keeps becoming more and more addicted and bets more and more and then at the end Catalina gives earl the money she needs sending back to her brothers bandits and I remeber just thinking "oh hes so gonna gamble that money and this will be the time he loses, but that wasn't what happened and it was just completely different.
________
Ferrari daytona specifications (http://www.ferrari-wiki.com/wiki/Ferrari_Daytona)

Number 13
November 3rd, 2007, 06:08 PM
I love Earl! It's a great to watch with the Office.