PDA

View Full Version : Philly Crue Meet-ups

Raemani
September 21st, 2007, 06:08 PM
Figured we should have a thread to plan away....last I heard we were looking at getting together in Oct sometime. Possibly in NYC, but actual place and time was up in the air.

Timbuck
September 21st, 2007, 11:14 PM
I'm waiting for whomever can make a mid to late Oct meet-up.:cool:

SpongebobTanu
September 24th, 2007, 08:08 AM
I'd be up for a mid-oct meetup. sorry i had to miss the last one. Oh and guess who is supremely behind on the podcasts...i think i'm like 10 behind now. yeesh.

Solai
September 24th, 2007, 08:18 AM
You guys make it to NYC during the week, I will so try to be there.

Pike
September 24th, 2007, 08:30 AM
I'd be up for a mid-oct meetup. sorry i had to miss the last one. Oh and guess who is supremely behind on the podcasts...i think i'm like 10 behind now. yeesh.

You and Armando should have a contest. :D

sonicdave
September 26th, 2007, 05:53 AM
Figured we should have a thread to plan away....last I heard we were looking at getting together in Oct sometime. Possibly in NYC, but actual place and time was up in the air.

YEAH,
i hope to make the next one too

I MISSED THE ONE AT D &B's last month

was not a presence at the BLOG

cause my posts did not appear

really glad for this forum

i wanna thank Tim M and you, raemani
for keeping me in the loop with your emails

sonicdave
September 26th, 2007, 05:56 AM
by the way how does one

subscribe to a thread or keep it in a favorites folder in their CP?

The Fair Melissa
September 26th, 2007, 11:26 AM
I will be in Philly for a week or so in mid October. Any firm dates yet?

Raemani
September 26th, 2007, 12:27 PM
I will be in Philly for a week or so in mid October. Any firm dates yet?

Nope, but we could probably work around you - when are you going to be in town?

Originally we were talking Oct 21st, but nothing was set in stone.

The Fair Melissa
September 26th, 2007, 07:34 PM
Cool Raemani, that just might work. I'm trying to be in town either the week of the 15th or the 22nd. As soon as I know something, I'll let the Crue know.

Raemani
September 26th, 2007, 07:41 PM
Cool Raemani, that just might work. I'm trying to be in town either the week of the 15th or the 22nd. As soon as I know something, I'll let the Crue know.

Cool - let me know (or just post here). We normally try to meet on Sunday's because that is the only day Timbuck has off, but if we go out later on Saturday that might work too (last I heard he gets off at 9)....

Let me know and I'll e-mail everyone incase they don't check here that often (unlike me who is a bit obsessed with message boards at the moment.:p)

jjbauer5618
October 2nd, 2007, 07:59 AM
where are you planning on meeting?

Raemani
October 2nd, 2007, 08:38 PM
Hey Melissa - any firmer plans yet? I figured we need to start nailing down a date so we can plan the place.

I am away this weekend, but home the weekends of the 12th and 19th (although I am busy on Sat the 20th - serving 500 people at Philly Cares Day for my company). I may be away the last weekend of the month.

Let me know so we can figure out where to meet/what we want to do.

The Fair Melissa
October 2nd, 2007, 10:04 PM
So funny you ask, Raemani. Bought my plane tix today. I'll be in town the weekend of the 19th. I think Timbuck said that Sunday (the 21st) was the better date for him because of his work schedule. I will be lower Bucks, so anywhere in the area is fine with me.

Raemani
October 3rd, 2007, 08:32 AM
Cool works for me - I am busy on the 20th anyway. So we now have a date, any ideas on what we want to do.

I know there is you, me and Timbuck are in the lower Bucks area. And if the group from Fort Washington comes we may want to go toward that way. If Mike can come we may also want to go down toward him.

I'll also send the e-mail to the Crue to make sure we catch everybody.

The Fair Melissa
October 3rd, 2007, 09:28 AM
Looking forward to it. I haven't lived in the area since 1997, so I'm clueless about where to go. Just happy to be hangin' with the Crue.

Raemani
October 3rd, 2007, 09:46 PM
Well I sent the e-mail, so we will see who gets back to us. Timbuck and I live about 15 minutes apart, but depending on what the rest of the Crue wants to do will depend on where we meet-up.

My only commitment that day is I have to be at the bowling alley by 8:30 pm in Feasterville - other then that I am up for anything.

The Fair Melissa
October 3rd, 2007, 11:27 PM
Raemani - I will have my own wheels, so I can pretty much go wherever you guys want. How long do these parties usually last? I might need to hook up the 'rents with some stims if they are have to keep mini-me busy for more than, say, 3 hours.

Raemani
October 4th, 2007, 07:52 AM
A lot depends on what we decide to do....the first one lasted about 6 hours (we went to see Serenity), the second one about 5 hours (when we went to see Transformers), the last one was between 4 and 5 hours (we just hung out at Dave and Busters)....but not everyone stayed the whole time. So 3-4 hours is probably good, depending on how talkative everyone is.

Raemani
October 4th, 2007, 07:42 PM
Colin, The Delivery Guy (from Primatechpaperpodcast.com) - brought this to my attention - he is also a member here and of the Philly Crue

"The Hidden Fortress" at the Bryn Mawr theatre on October 10th (Wednesday) 7pm.

This movie is one of the main driving forces for the Star Wars (original) trilogy and may have some connections to current Heroes' episodes as well as some other shows.

http://www.brynmawrfilm.org/

At this point I think I am going. Maybe we can grab a coffee after the fact - there is a Starbucks with a Philly Crue history about a block from the theater.

Note this will be in addition to the one on the 21st.

Raemani
October 4th, 2007, 07:48 PM
As for the 21st - I believe Kevin and Colin are going to join us and Tanu has said she is going to try and make it as well as me, Timbulk and The Fair Melissa....

So we probably at this point want to stick in the Norheast Philly area again and will probably meet in the early afternoon so that Tanu can make it home at a decent time.

So do we want to do lunch, if so where? I am thinking since it is Sunday and there are some people who want to watch football - so a sports bar that maybe isn't too loud so we can still talk???

The bowling center has a really big TV and a bar, and a snack bar, so that is an option. We could go back to D & B's? Or another restaurant?

The Fair Melissa
October 4th, 2007, 09:55 PM
Sounds good to me, Raemani. The lunch/football/gabfest sounds, well, awesome.

Raemani
October 8th, 2007, 08:36 PM
Sent this to the e-mail list, but figure I would post here too

OK, so now that we have settled on a date, we know we need to figure out where.
I have a few suggestions -

1 We can go back to Dave and Busters - the pluses are the food is decent and they
have TV's to keep track of the football games if one wants to do that.

2 There are lots of restaurants in that area - so we could pick another one

3. Could go to the Brunswick Zone Feasterville - the have a great bar, huge TV screen,
and great chairs and areas to sit. One downfall is that while the food is OK, it
is not that great

4. There is a pizza/italian place near Neshaminy Mall (which is just off the turnpike
and not far from 95. That would probably let us sit and talk and I believe that
they have a TV too.

Or if anyone has another suggestion let me know. Let me know in the next couple
of days so I can add it to the forum's and the calendar, plus I will need to
get everyone directions - and a way to identify the group.

I will make a decision on Friday - that gives us a week to get everyone directions and the like. All of these are in the Northeast/Lower Bucks County area.

Raemani
October 12th, 2007, 07:10 PM
OK, so the next Philly Crue meet-up is a little over a week away.

Since no one has stated otherwise we are going to meet at 1 pm:

The Brunswick Zone XL
100 E Street Rd
Feasterville Trevose, PA 19053-7604

We can either eat there or there is a Panera Bread with in the same parking lot or a great Italian restaurant behind (don't even have to go back out on the road) the bowling center.

The bowling center has a bar with a fire place and a big screen TV and really comfy chairs/couchs. There is a snack bar, but the food is not all that great.

Raemani
October 12th, 2007, 07:29 PM
Directions from the Turnpike:
Take route 1 south (stay to the right at the toll booths).
Take the first exit (it is immediately as you enter the highway) which will be Street Rd west. (note: if you miss the exit and get to a light make a right at the light, which will be Old Lincoln Highway, the third light will be Street Rd - make a left)
You will go through 6 lights and the center will be on your left (You can turn at the 6th light across from the Acme also - that is where the Panera is).

From 95:
Take the Street Rd Exit go west on Street Rd (left at the exit when coming North, right when coming south).
You will go through a lot of lights, once you pass the exits for Route 1 you will follow the directions above.

PM me if you need directions (or want me cell # in case you get lost) Let us know if you are planning to come so we know to look out for you.

jjbauer5618
October 14th, 2007, 04:49 PM
I am planning on coming if nothing unforseen happens to prevent it. At this point I dont have to work and I should be free. This would be my first meetup and it sounds like it could be fun. Hope to see you all there.

Raemani
October 14th, 2007, 04:54 PM
I am planning on coming if nothing unforseen happens to prevent it. At this point I dont have to work and I should be free. This would be my first meetup and it sounds like it could be fun. Hope to see you all there.

Awesome we love to see new faces - and looks like there are two of you joining us this time...

Now to figure out how you will recognize us....

Raemani
October 18th, 2007, 07:43 PM
Just bumping so we can make sure everyone has seen - just a few more days now.

Chuck
October 21st, 2007, 06:22 AM
<bump> Happening today!

jjbauer5618
October 21st, 2007, 05:29 PM
Im sorry I missed the meetup today, unfortunately something came up at the last minute.

Raemani
October 23rd, 2007, 05:00 PM
Oh Philly Crue - have you seen this - I am so there....

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/entertainment_tv/2007/10/coming-to-a-mov.html

An article by Maureen Ryan tells of a showing of Razor on the 12th of November in theaters, you have to register ahead at a web site that goes online Friday.

"There will be free screenings of the film in movie theaters in eight cities on Nov. 12: Los Angeles, New York/New Jersey, San Francisco, Dallas, Boston, Philadelphia, Seattle and, yes, Chicago"

As for myself, I am royally pissed since I live in Montreal and would have loved to see it in a theater. Boston is too far.

First, they dont let us see clips on scifi.com (commercials before the clips they show!), now this. No love for Canadians Sci-Fi?

So I am thinking our Dec meet-up just got moved up.

Raemani
October 23rd, 2007, 08:02 PM
Here is the website - that is not active until Friday so you can sign up

battlestarevent.com

Chuck
October 23rd, 2007, 08:37 PM
So how'd the meetup over the weekend go?

Raemani
October 23rd, 2007, 08:45 PM
So how'd the meetup over the weekend go?

It was actually kinda small - just me, Timbuck and Melissa. We just hung out and got to know each other (it was the first time I had met Melissa).

We talked about D*C of course - I get more excited and nostalgic everytime I talk about it - I am 99.9% sure I am going next year. I brought some of my pics (but forgot others).

They LOVED the table tents - they are quite Awesome.

We had originally decided to get together the weekend after Razor came out, but with today's news I am sure some of us will be going to the screening.

Topgun
October 23rd, 2007, 10:31 PM
Is there a screening of Razor somewhere?? Details puh-leeze !!!
Sorry, just scrolled down and found the details ...

The Fair Melissa
October 24th, 2007, 04:33 PM
The meetup was awesome, even if it was just Timbuck, Raemani and me. We had a lot of fun and laughed over how small the world truly is - Raemani works with my brother in law (and I used to work for her mom). Small, small world. After 10 minutes, we felt like old friends. So looking forward to the next one.

Thanks, Philly Crue!

jjbauer5618
October 26th, 2007, 06:57 PM
http://www.battlestarevent.com/

11/12/07 @ 7:00 PM and 10:00 PM

King of Prussia Stadium 16
300 Goddard Blvd King of Prussia, PA 19406

I got my name in for 7:00. This should be FRAKKIN AWESOME!!!!!!

Also at the Oaks-Regal 24 on Tuesday Night there will be a Big Screen showing of the Original Star Trek Episode "The Menagerie", Digitally Remastered.

For info check out----

http://www.fathomevents.com/details.aspx?eventid=685&utm_source=StarTrekwebsite&utm_medium=banner&utm_campaign=Star_Trek

jjbauer5618
October 26th, 2007, 08:06 PM
I also registered for 10:00 just in case I want to see it again or anyone wants to meetup for the 10:00 showing.

Raemani
October 27th, 2007, 10:32 AM
Well it looks like part of the Crue is going to the 7 showing and part going to the 10 show. I have tickets to both - so as long as they let me I am going to both.

I also have off that day so if anyone wants to do an early dinner let me know. I know one of the Bunnies is going to meet me - so it would be fun for us all to get together.

The Fair Melissa
October 28th, 2007, 01:47 PM
Hey, Raemani - if the gods allow, I'll be in KoP that day - would love to have dinner ahead of time. I'll keep you posted....

Raemani
October 28th, 2007, 02:50 PM
Hey, Raemani - if the gods allow, I'll be in KoP that day - would love to have dinner ahead of time. I'll keep you posted....

Well I'll keep my fingers crossed...I know I am meeting one of the Bunnies - but i would love for the two groups to meet.

I am so excited for some reason - I think it is going to be a very good day.

The Fair Melissa
October 29th, 2007, 07:03 PM
Frakking gods. Do not allow. Stupid Lords of Kobol...

Good thing I signed up for the SF showing, just in case.....

Raemani
October 29th, 2007, 08:09 PM
Well pooh - I was looking forward to seeing you again....but you are moving this way soon still right?

There is always the rewatch we are going to do once the disc comes out.

jjbauer5618
November 1st, 2007, 03:20 PM
I just saw that King of Prussia registration is full.

Raemani
November 1st, 2007, 08:40 PM

Wow - that is amazing. I have off all day so I am heading out early to keep an eye on any line. I am still hoping to go to both shows.

jjbauer5618
November 4th, 2007, 05:23 PM
If this is the correct Exhibition, the Star Wars exhibit is coming to the Franklin Institute in February 2008. I'll have to keep an Eye out on the Intitute Website for some news.

Check out the link and go down to "Tour Schedule"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Where_Science_Meets_Imagination

jjbauer5618
November 4th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Wow - that is amazing. I have off all day so I am heading out early to keep an eye on any line. I am still hoping to go to both shows.

How early do you think the lines will begin to form? I certainly dont want to be shut out.

Raemani
November 5th, 2007, 07:47 PM
If this is the correct Exhibition, the Star Wars exhibit is coming to the Franklin Institute in February 2008. I'll have to keep an Eye out on the Intitute Website for some news.

Check out the link and go down to "Tour Schedule"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Where_Science_Meets_Imagination

To quote Chuck - Awesome. I missed it when it was in DC (we were a bit too early - like a couple months - it was a big miscommunication). I say we plan a meet-up and all go together.

How early do you think the lines will begin to form? I certainly dont want to be shut out.

I don't know, but I am planning to go out there in the afternoon and be able to keep an eye on the lines. I am hoping to get out there about 3 pm - just hoping there is something to do (or I could read I guess). I am supposed to meet a few friends for dinner, but no set plans yet.

shrekjdr
November 7th, 2007, 07:31 AM

I came in too late on this board and just saw the Registration is full! That sucks KOP is minutes from my house and I drive by it everyday on my way to work! too bad they dont add an early show I would cough cough be sick that day and make that show!

Topgun
November 8th, 2007, 06:23 PM
Hey PA Alpacas..
Since I was up waiting for the registration to begin on that fateful night, and because I like to plan ahead for any eventuality, I have, in my e-mail saved folder :

King of Prussia Reg forms, 1 for 7pm, 1 for 10pm.

Riverview Reg forms, 1 for 7pm, 1 for 10pm.

Now, I knew that these would come in handy for some poor Watercooler fan that didn't make the cutoff times, so there it is. I'd be happy to send the first folks who PM me my copies via email. Just let me know which times/locations you want, and of course it'll have to be first come, first served. I'll be watching both shows up here in the Framingham MA theatre, and I CANT WAIT !!

shrekjdr
November 9th, 2007, 09:59 AM
Topgun
you Rock!

jjbauer5618
November 10th, 2007, 06:29 PM
"RAZOR" IS ALMOST HERE!!!!!

I cant get there as early as 3:00 but I may get there about 5:00 or 5:30. I always have my Ipod to listen to/watch to pass the time if I dont find any of the "Crue" to hang out with. PLEASE feel free to say hi if you recognize me from my avatar.

Raemani
November 10th, 2007, 09:54 PM
Any of the Philly Crue know if there is a Septa station close to the theater? There is a guy coming from Pittsburgh via Amtrak into 30th Street station and I am trying to help him get to the Theater.

I am not familiar with the area to be able to tell him even what regional line to take.

shrekjdr
November 11th, 2007, 04:48 PM
I dont know of any trains stops in kop by there are buses. There is a Septa Train in Norristown and I beta bus from there to the KOP mall/movies? but check out the link hopefully it helps

http://septa.org/service/destinations/malls/koprussia.html

Raemani
November 11th, 2007, 05:18 PM
I dont know of any trains stops in kop by there are buses. There is a Septa Train in Norristown and I beta bus from there to the KOP mall/movies? but check out the link hopefully it helps

http://septa.org/service/destinations/malls/koprussia.html

Thanks - I sent him the link for Septa last night and my phone number in case he runs into issues.

He is actually dressing in costume - as Romo, so he shouldn't be hard to spot. I saw him at Dragon*Con.

shrekjdr
November 12th, 2007, 09:27 AM
So who is all going to Razor tonight at KOP?

Mike P
November 12th, 2007, 10:47 PM
I was there at the 10 p.m. with Raemani, and Colin from the Primatech Paper Podcast. We had a great time. Raemani faithfully attended the 7:00, too, along with Timbuck and one other GWCer whose name I forget -- forgive me! The show is awesome and, as Raemani said, only makes the wait until April (frak SciFi!) that much harder.

Timbuck
November 13th, 2007, 03:47 AM
JJ: NOt sure where your town is but I coulod put you on the Philly Crue mailing list if you want. Email me: sturm_86@yahoo.com

Maybe u can make the next Crue Meetup!?

shrekjdr
November 13th, 2007, 12:47 PM
I was at the 7 pm too at KOP since topgun gave me his ticket I just used his name and they let me in. Unfortunally I dont know what anyone looks like or I would say hello.. but then again I am an ogre and I walk alone lol...

Topgun
November 13th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Shrekjdr glad you got the use of it !! I took a friend and because I had registered for both of my forms, they wanted him to wait outside until everyone else had gone through. They didn't mention anything at all about ID'ing people on the way in during registration, which I thought was kind of lame..Anyway, after a little sweet talk we got right in, but jeeze, it's a movie, not an airplane flight !!

jjbauer5618
November 13th, 2007, 06:04 PM
What more can I say than FAN-FRAKKIN-TASTIC!!!!!

I arrived a little before 5 for the 7PM show and was one of the first 5 or 6 people in line.
I didnt stay for the 10:00 pm show, as I had to go to work early the next day and had already been up since 3AM.
I could have done without the commercials but it was a small price to pay for a great free show.

jjbauer5618
November 13th, 2007, 06:09 PM
JJ: NOt sure where your town is but I coulod put you on the Philly Crue mailing list if you want. Email me: sturm_86@yahoo.com

Maybe u can make the next Crue Meetup!?

If you are talking to me I would enjoy attending a meetup. I had planned to go to the last one but I had car trouble (to the tune of over 400 FRAKKIN' dollars) and couldnt get there.

jjbauer5618@comcast.net

shrekjdr
November 14th, 2007, 04:42 AM
Shrekjdr glad you got the use of it !! I took a friend and because I had registered for both of my forms, they wanted him to wait outside until everyone else had gone through. They didn't mention anything at all about ID'ing people on the way in during registration, which I thought was kind of lame..Anyway, after a little sweet talk we got right in, but jeeze, it's a movie, not an airplane flight !!

So where you at the KOP one at 7? Well I just didnt even tell them I wasnt the person on the paper figuired it would easier that way and it there were seats open too...

But it was nice when it the show started no one talked it was awesome wish all movies were like that!

shrekjdr
November 14th, 2007, 04:44 AM
Hey jjbauer5618
I completly agree it was awesome and the commericals could have been done without but it reminded in the old days when they had a split in the movie to go and get some popcorn!..

I got there around 6ish and thought it was odd they made us wait so long to go and sit in the theater

jjbauer5618
November 14th, 2007, 05:19 AM
Hey jjbauer5618
I completly agree it was awesome and the commericals could have been done without but it reminded in the old days when they had a split in the movie to go and get some popcorn!..

I got there around 6ish and thought it was odd they made us wait so long to go and sit in the theater

I heard one of the theater reps there say that they were running a test to make sure the satilite feed was working. Thats why they wouldnt let anyone in earlier.

jjbauer5618
November 14th, 2007, 05:29 AM
Have you seen this site?

http://galactica-station.blogspot.com/

I check it often and find it a good source for BSG News.

shrekjdr
November 14th, 2007, 05:49 AM
Great wesbsite thanks!

jjbauer5618
November 28th, 2007, 07:52 AM
Full episodes of BSG are available on MySpace

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.channel&ChannelID=271252370

Rig
December 10th, 2007, 09:23 PM
Hey all in the Philly Crue, i've been gone awhile but I am back and catching up, I used to post under the name frank for season 2 and 3, I am from Altoona, and have no problem driving to Philly for meetups, so if anyone is planning one just let me know. looking forward to meeting the infamous Philly Crue!!!!!
rig

Raemani
December 10th, 2007, 10:41 PM
Hey all in the Philly Crue, i've been gone awhile but I am back and catching up, I used to post under the name frank for season 2 and 3, I am from Altoona, and have no problem driving to Philly for meetups, so if anyone is planning one just let me know. looking forward to meeting the infamous Philly Crue!!!!!
rig

Will keep you updated on any meet-ups. With it getting close to Christmas/New Years, I doubt we will be getting together before then.

I know we wanted to do some sort of Razor rewatch at some point, but not sure where or when yet. So maybe mid Jan sometime. Any ideas for things to do let me know or post away. I am normally here most days several times a day.

We always love new members.

You are dedicated if you are going to drive down from 'toona. Just hope the weather doesn't get in the way.

We like new Crue members

jjbauer5618
December 20th, 2007, 08:56 AM
I work at the Home Depot in King of Prussia. I wanted to share this picture of the apron I've been wearing recently. It was painted for me by a friend at work who has been painting quite a few recently for other associates.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m253/jjbauer5618/DSCF0342.jpg

Splatterson
December 20th, 2007, 02:57 PM
Sweet!! That's gotta make work more fun!

shrekjdr
December 31st, 2007, 08:22 AM
I work at the Home Depot in King of Prussia. I wanted to share this picture of the apron I've been wearing recently. It was painted for me by a friend at work who has been painting quite a few recently for other associates.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m253/jjbauer5618/DSCF0342.jpg

I was just there the other day man o man if I saw that I would have came up to you! that is so cool!

jjbauer5618
December 31st, 2007, 03:51 PM
I have a new apron now that christmas is past but I have saved this one. We are supposed to destroy them but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I'll save it for next year.
I'm the Department Head Lumber so feel free to say hi if you are in the store.

Raemani
January 1st, 2008, 09:05 PM
OK, Crue, I am getting itchy to have another meet-up. Now that the holidays are over I am hoping everyone will have some more free time.

We had always talked about doing a Razor rewach, but we would need a place to do that. Now that the holidays are over we should really start thinking about when the next meet-up will be.

In addition Armando is going to be in NYC this coming weekend (there is post on the GWC forum, but I know not all of you are able to check that regularly). Anybody up for a meet-up with Armando on Saturday night? He is town for a convention of some sort, so I don't know when he will be free, but I will keep you all updated. I would like to go up, but don't want to go solo. Armando would also love to meet some members of the Crue.

shrekjdr
January 2nd, 2008, 05:19 AM
I have a new apron now that christmas is past but I have saved this one. We are supposed to destroy them but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I'll save it for next year.
I'm the Department Head Lumber so feel free to say hi if you are in the store.

well next time I am in the there I will look for you. Ironically when I was there I was picking up some wood for a radiator cover for the house so I do you wear a diff apron for each holiday?

jjbauer5618
January 2nd, 2008, 08:10 AM
well next time I am in the there I will look for you. Ironically when I was there I was picking up some wood for a radiator cover for the house so I do you wear a diff apron for each holiday?
No, not ussually but for some reason this year it became a kind of a fad throughout the store. We have a number of very creative and talented people who made them for many of us and change their own often.
I do not have the drawing skills, but I am trying to come up with something new and different on my own. Currently I have my name on my apron written in Tenctonese using a font that I found on the internet.

Live Long and Prosper
(Translation-"Live Long and Prosper")

Pike
January 2nd, 2008, 09:40 AM
That only works if you have the font installed on your computer. The rest of us see this:

Live Long and Prosper
(Translation-"Live Long and Prosper")

jjbauer5618
January 2nd, 2008, 09:35 PM
That only works if you have the font installed on your computer. The rest of us see this:

Thanks for letting me know. I didnt consider that.

This is what it was supposed to look like.....

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m253/jjbauer5618/sci-fi/llaptenctonese2.jpg

jjbauer5618
January 6th, 2008, 09:34 AM
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m253/jjbauer5618/star%20wars/starwarsexhibit.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m253/jjbauer5618/star%20wars/starwarsexhibit2.jpg
"Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination"

Opens February 9, 2008 at the Franklin Intitute in Philadelphia.

Check it out at: http://www2.fi.edu/exhibits/traveling/starwars/

Raemani
January 6th, 2008, 05:32 PM
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m253/jjbauer5618/star%20wars/starwarsexhibit.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m253/jjbauer5618/star%20wars/starwarsexhibit2.jpg

OK, we so need to do this. Do you know how long it is going to be there? I say we plan a mid Feb visit on either a Saturday or Sunday. We can either meet somewhere and then all head there together or meet there.

jjbauer5618
January 6th, 2008, 05:40 PM
It will be there untill May 4. Sunday would be the best day for me, but with enough notice any day will do.

Mike P
January 6th, 2008, 10:03 PM
Please please let's do Saturday! Sundays are near impossible for me. My wife is a pastor and I am the child care! :-)

Timbuck
January 7th, 2008, 02:38 AM
Welcome! I forget exaxctly where Altoona is. I know its cold. I am not opposed to an Allentown area meet-up if that works for the NJ/NY/PA and CT folks. Allentown PA not NJ though that is near Trenton and therefore near me. Or Reading PA for a hockey game. Same for Hershey--and Chocolate World!

Timbuck
January 7th, 2008, 02:41 AM
Please please let's do Saturday! Sundays are near impossible for me. My wife is a pastor and I am the child care! :-)
Mike P--I miss ya dude. I could do Saturday but I work for an Evil company and would need to wait until APRIL for a Saturday off. I can book it now. I would love a full bore meetup. We could meet along the Turnpike since that is near Raemani and me.

Craaaap like working every Saturday is what keeps me working hard towards my MBA. So say we all!

Mike P
January 7th, 2008, 07:15 AM
Well, if the exhibit is going to be there until May, maybe we should all agree on an April Saturday?

Miss you, too, Timbuck!

Raemani
January 7th, 2008, 08:29 AM
Well, if the exhibit is going to be there until May, maybe we should all agree on an April Saturday?

Miss you, too, Timbuck!

The only issue I am going to have with April is that it needs to be either April 5, or 26. As the other weekends I will be hanging with some Galactica/Firefly fans at a convention (in London) or finishing up a week in London with the Bunnies (we are leaving on the 10th and returning on the 20th).

So we can meet up on the first weekend and I will be a ball of energy as I will be super excited or the last weekend in April and I will have pics and stories to tell from London.

Let me know and I'll add it to the calendar now.

Mike P
January 7th, 2008, 09:05 AM
So far as I know, either of those Saturdays would work for me. How about the rest of the Philly Crue, have any preference?

Raemani
February 21st, 2008, 09:06 PM

So far as I know, either of those Saturdays would work for me. How about the rest of the Philly Crue, have any preference?

Well Crue, it is now the end of February and if we are going to the Star Wars exhibt we should start trying to nail down a date.

I know I won't be available the weekend of March 21st ('tis Easter after all) or the weekends of April 11 or 18th (I will be in London - so excited), or the first weekend in May (another Con, this one in OH).

So everybody look at their Calendars and lets start figuring out dates. I would prefer Saturday's mainly because I bowl on Sunday night, so I would need to make sure I am home for that.

My vote would be for the last weekend in March or the first weekend in Apirl.

The Fair Melissa
February 22nd, 2008, 02:24 PM
My vote would be for the last weekend in March or the first weekend in Apirl.

Saturdays are out for me in general. Regardless, I will be out of town from Easter through the beginning of April (going back to Cali). Take lots of pics, please, whenever you do end up going!

jjbauer5618
February 22nd, 2008, 05:14 PM
I am ussually off work on Sundays but with enough notice, ideally 3 weeks, I can be available any day. I'm pretty much wide open.

Mike P
March 4th, 2008, 12:33 PM
Well, as it turns out, the kid and wife want to go to this, too, and I can't spring for tickets to go twice -- so you guys have fun! Maybe next time!

Raemani
March 4th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Well, as it turns out, the kid and wife want to go to this, too, and I can't spring for tickets to go twice -- so you guys have fun! Maybe next time!

I don't see why we couldn't include them with us, but that is up to you.

Are we talking about doing something before or after anyway?

Would Sunday's work better for everyone? I am OK with either day, but I think we need to get this figured out soon as it is already March.

Mike P
March 4th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Yeah, well, that would be the ideal, but I am not thinking she'd be up for that... Toleration of geekiness only goes so far sometimes. :-)

Raemani
March 4th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Yeah, well, that would be the ideal, but I am not thinking she'd be up for that... Toleration of geekiness only goes so far sometimes. :-)

Now come on we are not that scary are we??? (and I would love to meet your wife)

Well the group needs to decide on a date first.

Mike P
March 13th, 2008, 07:17 AM
Of course you're not that scary! What I meant to say was, she saw an ad for the show too and it all sort of turned into a "family outing" kind of thing where I, personally, didn't feel comfortable suggesting, "Hey, let's get together with my on-line friends, too, while we're at it!" Hope that makes sense. I certainly intended no offense to any of the fabulous Philly Crue! :-)

Raemani
March 13th, 2008, 08:06 AM
Of course you're not that scary! What I meant to say was, she saw an ad for the show too and it all sort of turned into a "family outing" kind of thing where I, personally, didn't feel comfortable suggesting, "Hey, let's get together with my on-line friends, too, while we're at it!" Hope that makes sense. I certainly intended no offense to any of the fabulous Philly Crue! :-)

No offense taken - I was just giving you a hard time. We need to plan a get together sometime soon where we just hang out, maybe after I get back from London.

Mike P
March 13th, 2008, 08:17 AM
You are going to London? How cool is that! Take lots of pictures of King Arthur stuff. :-)

Raemani
March 13th, 2008, 09:56 AM
You are going to London? How cool is that! Take lots of pictures of King Arthur stuff. :-)

Yes, I am going to London - for a convention the first weekend, and then we are spending the week sightseeing.

There are like 16 of us going to the convention, then 8 of us are staying for the week (and 2 more are going to join us during the week).

It is me and a bunch of bunnies/spouses from all over the world - England, Scotland, Norway, Sweden, Germany (OK, so the girl from Germany is US citizen whose husband is stationed there), Italy, US and Canada.

I can't wait and I am sure we will have lots of pics.

TheFifth
March 27th, 2008, 10:44 AM
I hope I am not disrupting your philly crue/vacationing thread. :p Anyways..

I'm interested in finding a frak party going on in Philadelphia, like actually Philly not just outside or over the bridge deals. I figure there has to be other fans in this town besides me. I've never been to one and read about towards the end of season3. I forgot to look into one before the start of season4.. well till now.

Unfortunately the FrakParty site has been defunct. As much as I like watching the show without interruptions, it's usually more exciting to see it with an audience.

(I can't believe my username wasn't taken on a Galactica forum? :eek: )

Keara
April 12th, 2008, 01:27 PM
Hi Philly Crue! My hubby & I are fans from the Lancaster area. We just started watching BSG in January, caught up to the new season right after the first episode of season 4 aired. (Thank goodness for DVR.) We wish we'd been watching all along--we LOVE BSG! Does this group regularly meet-up? (We're headed to the Franklin Institute tomorrow to finally see the SW exhibit--can't wait. Yeah, we're geeks and proud of it! We're currently cultivating our children to be geeks as well.

d034607
April 22nd, 2008, 02:48 PM
Hello the Group! Any new rumors of a Philly meetup?

Raemani
April 27th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Wow, sorry I have been so lax on keeping up with this thread (what can I say I had other things on my mind - like a trip to London).

We really do need to get together sometime soon. I don't think we are going to make it to the Star Wars exhibit, but how is the end of May looking.

Look what I found:

Katee Sackoff to appear at Wizard World in downtown from May 30-June 1. How about a meet-up on that Saturday?

http://www.wizardworld.com/

Raemani
April 27th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Hi Philly Crue! My hubby & I are fans from the Lancaster area. We just started watching BSG in January, caught up to the new season right after the first episode of season 4 aired. (Thank goodness for DVR.) We wish we'd been watching all along--we LOVE BSG! Does this group regularly meet-up? (We're headed to the Franklin Institute tomorrow to finally see the SW exhibit--can't wait. Yeah, we're geeks and proud of it! We're currently cultivating our children to be geeks as well.

Well welcome (better late then never right). Hopefully we will be able to plan a meet-up maybe in the King of Prussia area - that should be about the middle for most of the Crue - so you and your hubby can attend.

I am much closer to Jersey (actually you can't get much closer then where I live).

Keara
April 27th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Well welcome (better late then never right). Hopefully we will be able to plan a meet-up maybe in the King of Prussia area - that should be about the middle for most of the Crue - so you and your hubby can attend.

I am much closer to Jersey (actually you can't get much closer then where I live).

Unfortunately we won't be able to make the 5/31 meet-up if it happens. We're headed to Atlantic City that day. My hubby went to Widener and he knows Philly pretty well so hopefully we'll be able to make another meet-up wherever it happens. I'm always game for King of Prussia!!!

Oh, and I'll have to post my pics of the SW exhibit. We went a few weekends ago. It was fun.

-K

TheFifth
April 29th, 2008, 11:22 AM
I'm heading out of the country for most of May and will probably not be able to afford a trip to Wizard World. I've never been a con-goer but I would dig a chance to check it out with the BSG crew involved.

If you guys do the meetup here in philly I'll definitely attend tho.

What ever happened to the real frak parties? We should at least try and set one up for the midd-season and the series finales :)

Raemani
April 29th, 2008, 08:15 PM
I'm heading out of the country for most of May and will probably not be able to afford a trip to Wizard World. I've never been a con-goer but I would dig a chance to check it out with the BSG crew involved.

If you guys do the meetup here in philly I'll definitely attend tho.

What ever happened to the real frak parties? We should at least try and set one up for the midd-season and the series finales :)

Our biggest issue with a traditional frak parties is a place to hold them - none of our houses were big enough or we have families that are not into BSG.

Joey "Pizza"
May 10th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Name Change

I have been known here in the past as "jjbauer5618" but I am changing that as of now. I will no longer be using that profile and am now going to use "Joey Pizza". I tried to just change the name but that isnt possible so I am creating an entirely new profile. I will be subscribing to most of the threads that I currently belong to so I hope this doent cause any problems for anyone I have been in contact with.

Pike
May 10th, 2008, 06:26 PM
Why? jjbauer5618 just trips off the tongue so nicely.

Keara
May 11th, 2008, 07:38 AM
Name Change

I have been known here in the past as "jjbauer5618" but I am changing that as of now. I will no longer be using that profile and am now going to use "Joey Pizza". I tried to just change the name but that isnt possible so I am creating an entirely new profile. I will be subscribing to most of the threads that I currently belong to so I hope this doent cause any problems for anyone I have been in contact with.

I responded to your Atlantic City post, btw. Much easier screen name, but alas your post count is "reset". :D

-K

Joey "Pizza"
May 13th, 2008, 06:33 AM
Anyone up for a meet on May 31 in Atlantic City? check out the Atlantic City Thread and chime in if your interested in putting something together.

Joey "Pizza"
May 22nd, 2008, 05:44 PM
Not SciFi, or BSG, but interesting (at least to me) "Bodies the Exhibition" is coming to the Trump Taj Mahal on May 24 till August 22.

http://www.bodiestheexhibition.com/bodies.html

http://www.trumptaj.com/entertainment-clubs/index.cfm?eventId=EV_20080516130412164812

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m253/jjbauer5618/catalog.jpg

Mike P
May 23rd, 2008, 08:43 AM
Frakkin' skinjobs....! :-)

butterfingers
May 27th, 2008, 01:03 PM
anybody down in philly a fan of the band FILTER? they're playing at the Fillmore at the TLA tonight and i was thinking of driving down from nyc?

TheFifth
March 10th, 2009, 09:08 PM
In my growing excitement over the pending awesomeness that is the Galactica finale, I'm contemplating throwing a series finale frak party myself here in Philly.
I have a place in South Philly near the stadiums. Convenient to some of the best cheesesteaks, mexican and sushi delivery places in Philly hehe.
Anyone in the area be interested attending? I think it would be fun to share the event with some other BSG fans.

If any Philly fans are also interested, maybe we can warm up with a Daybreak part-I Frak party?

Just putting it out there.

"No one is obligated to join this meetup. This is likely to be a one way trip" :P

d034607
March 11th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Hmmmm...how far from Geno's? ;)

TheFifth
March 11th, 2009, 07:09 PM
Hmmmm...how far from Geno's? ;)
1.2 miles according to google maps :P

Personally I go for Pat's personally but I find the steaks at Cosmi's Deli to be miles ahead of either.

Raemani
March 11th, 2009, 09:05 PM
Well unfortunately I already have plans for Friday night, so I won't be able to attend, and I am of course going to Dallas.

Maybe next time.

d034607
March 14th, 2009, 04:31 PM
1.2 miles according to google maps :P

Personally I go for Pat's personally but I find the steaks at Cosmi's Deli to be miles ahead of either.
Ah yes, Pat's is good as well (would be better if they chopped up the meat!) ;) Always reminded of the soup nazi when placing an order there 'Cheez wid' or 'Cheez widdout', then a step to the side.

sonicdave
March 15th, 2009, 07:55 AM
can't make the meet.

i usually eat at tony lukes.

Celestemmcknight
June 7th, 2009, 06:53 AM
In order for the K2 to remember your last page read, ensure that your wireless is on when you shut off the device. That is how the device syncs with Amazons site.

Let me know if this works for you.

Bluesman