PDA

View Full Version : The 4th strangest request to post on this forum

Nickname Boomer
November 29th, 2007, 01:42 AM
Weird, yes; odd, possibly; inappropriate, defiantly but I had a crazy idea seeing as how it’s the holiday’s soon

I'm looking for all your favorite Family recipes, for Christmas dinner.

Thinking of trying something new for Christmas this year. So your best cookies, dinner whatever you folk eat at the holidays?

So we can all try something new this year.

dxf
November 29th, 2007, 03:35 AM
Shepherd's pie.

And twice-baked potatos.

DocP
November 29th, 2007, 08:58 AM
Pigs in blankets, wrap bacon around sausages and cook.

Thats the only one I know off by heart but Ill try and get the recipe of others including parmesan roastedparsnips, brussel sprouts with bacon and white wine and grated carrot bake for the main roast. For pudding we always make a proper rich christmas cake and also some christmas puddings and have a choice.

Oh and for breakfast we have scrambled eggs with smoked salmon and pepper on toast with bucks fizz to wash it down.
________
Digital Vaporizers (http://digitalvaporizers.info)

The Fair Melissa
November 30th, 2007, 01:21 AM
I have two holiday "musts" - one is a potato puff (mashed potatoes then mixed with cream cheese, an egg and onion and baked in the oven for an hour or so) and the other is a dessert - black bottomed cupcakes with a cream cheese topping. And no, I do not own stock in Kraft foods. Just dig the cream cheese. What can I say? I'm a philly girl.

Splatterson
November 30th, 2007, 08:03 PM
Christmas Day is all about turkey, ham, green bean casserole, stuffing, 'taters, layered lettuce salad, and pumpkin pie.

HOWEVER - Christmas Eve is all about the Oyster Stew with my family. Big, heaping bowls of buttery milky soup with those nasty oysters in it. I love the buttery milk with LOTS of crackers. And we usually have olive cheese puffs as appetizers. Chopped green olives, onion, and cream cheese mixed up with an egg and some baking soda, heaped on a Ritz cracker and then baked for a few minutes. Yummy, hot cheesy appetizers!

Nickname Boomer
December 11th, 2007, 09:02 PM
but so long as there not family secret, kind of things, could i get some full recipes so can try them out:)

Armando
December 12th, 2007, 10:48 AM
One that I like to make (though I haven't made it in years) is one my mother makes for any number of large family gatherings (not just the holidays, though it shows up there too). It's called "Lazy Rice" and is a rather spicy (though not hot spicy, just strong spicy) and heavy caserole dish (hence why I haven't made it in a while). It involves dumping rice (duh!), bacon, chorizo, garbanzo beans (though I take those out because I don't like them), pimentos, 2-3 cans of French onion soup and a packet of "Sazon Goya" (you can find these in the "Hispanic" section of your grocery store. Make sure you get it without ananato. It doesn't affect the flavor, but it gives your dish a yellow color similar to saffron) into a large caserole dish and baking it for about 70-90 minutes at 375 degrees or so.

Mind you, I'm going by memory here so let me know if you're really interested in making this concoction (which is really, really decadently tasty) and I'll dig up the actual recipe so you can make it correctly. It's a good dish for when you have a pot luck party and don't want to do too much work, as you really just mix all this stuff together (no need to cook the bacon nor the chorizo either) and bake it.