PDA

View Full Version : Seize the towel

shelbel
December 1st, 2007, 05:22 AM
Since Audra's such a big fan of The Towel, I had to share:
Over at www.pencils2mediamoguls.com, the various shows are offering incentives for fans to buy pencils to mail in protest to the studio bigwigs to show our support for the strike (Jericho-style mailing campaign). Jamie Bamber has offered a couple of towels he has personally co-starred with to the top 2 pencil purchasers in his name. Other incentives from the BSG crew include personal phone calls from various actors from the show.

You've got to follow the directions on the site to be eligible.

dxf
December 1st, 2007, 07:53 AM
Can anyone think of a secure, reliable method to pool resources in Audra's name?

Xero1 The Board Lurker
December 1st, 2007, 01:21 PM
hmmm, im sure paypal could do it. they have freakishy large brains for moving money around in creative ways

dxf
December 1st, 2007, 07:11 PM
I know nothing about e-commerce, and I'm not a computer guy. But if anyone knows anything about how to set this up, or if one of the regulars has a PayPal account wants to step up and collect, it'd be a swell thing to do.

The GWC Crew are very selfless, and they seem very hesitant to plug themselves -- like, they don't mention the store nearly as often as they should. I've ordered a couple items, and they're top notch, and they arrive quickly.

But anyhoo*, I don't think Audra would ask us to help with the towel. But it'd be a pretty cool thank you, I think.

Let's do it. So say we all?

* Larry's "Anyhoo" = best. catch phrase. ever.

Solai
December 1st, 2007, 10:25 PM
So say we all.

Gryper
December 2nd, 2007, 10:52 AM
I have a paypal account that could be used if you guys figure out how to collect funds.

Grand Puba
December 2nd, 2007, 07:17 PM
Since Audra's such a big fan of The Towel, I had to share:
Over at www.pencils2mediamoguls.com (http://www.pencils2mediamoguls.com), the various shows are offering incentives for fans to buy pencils to mail in protest to the studio bigwigs to show our support for the strike (Jericho-style mailing campaign). Jamie Bamber has offered a couple of towels he has personally co-starred with to the top 2 pencil purchasers in his name. Other incentives from the BSG crew include personal phone calls from various actors from the show.

You've got to follow the directions on the site to be eligible.

I think its a good idea, but wouldn't phone calls from various actors of the show be a better for GWC. Phone calls from Mary McDonnell, Tricia Helfer, Michael Hogan, Jamie Bamber, and Michael Trucco are available. Would fill in the time until Season 4

Pike
December 2nd, 2007, 07:52 PM
I think its a good idea, but wouldn't phone calls from various actors of the show be a better for GWC. Phone calls from Mary McDonnell, Tricia Helfer, Michael Hogan, Jamie Bamber, and Michael Trucco are available. Would fill in the time until Season 4

That was my first thought, but these seem to be answering machine message type calls. Trying to snag an interview would be problematic.

OTOH, hey these folks have some downtime. Time to start making phone calls.