PDA

View Full Version : UFC/MMA, any fans?

Locke
September 23rd, 2007, 02:41 AM
Hey there, I just started posting, and I was a lurker on the blogs so you may not recognize me, but I saw a couple people commenting on UFC in another thread, and due to the events in UFC tonight, I thought it might be interesting to see who all watches.

That being said, any fans out there? if so, please tell me you watched the PPV earlier this evening, I'm dying for someone to talk about it with =)

The3
September 23rd, 2007, 03:59 PM
UFC...*groans*

I've never been able to get into any of that stuff before. If I'm going to watch any sort of combative competition, it has to be Olympic kendo or the like. UFC et al. have always struck me as too brutal to be entertaining. Whenever I watch them, I feel like we're only a couple of decades away from Running Man coming to pass. :p

Locke
September 23rd, 2007, 04:55 PM
Aye I can understand your feeling, I thought it was a bit brutal too, and some of the matches are actually quite brutal, but I just can't get enough of the technical aspect of the fight, it's fun watching people constantly making moves and countering, seeing how they handle certain situations, adds alot more to the experience for me than anything like pure boxing or wrestling. And really most of the brutality in the sport comes from strikes, not much more than you'd find in a kickboxing match. =)

moot.
September 23rd, 2007, 08:56 PM
I love UFC. I havent seen last nights fight yet, but I saw that Jardine won. It's ashame, I was pulling for Liddell since he lost to Rampage.

Locke
September 23rd, 2007, 10:37 PM
Ah yeah the Liddell vs Jardine fight was fantastic, Jardine put on a good show and Chuck didn't seem to have answers, it's a shame that Chuck is down two in a row now, but Jardine put in a fantastic showing in that fight.

If you get a chance i recommend seeing the fights from lastnight, every fight on the card was really good =)

moot.
September 23rd, 2007, 10:42 PM
If you get a chance i recommend seeing the fights from lastnight, every fight on the card was really good =)

Yeah, I was planning on getting it somehow (ahem..torrent) Everyone says it was awesome but I didn't want to shell out 40 bucks or whatever for it.

Locke
September 23rd, 2007, 10:58 PM
lol, yeah the $40 can be kind of steep, especially since now it wouldn't be live.

I'm curious, did you also keep up on Pride FC back before UFC swallowed them up?

moot.
September 23rd, 2007, 11:11 PM
I'm curious, did you also keep up on Pride FC back before UFC swallowed them up?

Not really, I really started to get into UFC after the Gracie/Hughes fight. I do watch the Pride fights they have on a local channel now though. They're basically recaps of old fights like UFC Unleashed.