PDA

View Full Version : New Hampshire on this Cold Morning

ThotFullGuy
January 4th, 2008, 08:50 AM
(First off, let's remember that political discussion on the GWC Forum is probably not a good idea, so let's keep this light).
Well, today it's a about 5 degrees in New Hampshire where I live. And the accumulated snow from over the past month is over a foot deep and the snowbanks along most roads here are over 3 feet. So it's cold here, but I just want to reflect on how cool (pun intended) to be here during an election season).

Right now, President Bill Clinton and Hillary are about 6 milies away talking to crowds at the tiny Nashua airport.

And tomorrow President Clinton is speaking at a high school in the town next to me.

Obama is doing a rally tomorrow morning in Nashua, and I'm sure all the other candidates while be about in the area doing something.
In the past month we're averaging about 5 phone calls a day from the candidate's organizations and door to door visits from young local campaign volunteers are frequent.
They all get pretty put off when they see my "Roslin for President" sign stuck to the snowman in our yard (just kidding).

Boxytheboxed
January 4th, 2008, 09:02 AM
well in florida this morning.....my mom said it was going to snow, ive never seen snow. it didnt snow. i hate her.
I have still recived no calls, and only 1 letter im dissapointed. i throughly enjoy harrassing sales people and people calling to try to get me to vote for their canadate

Starbuccaneer
January 4th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Boxy, unless you live in Tallahassee/Pensacola, you better hope you don't see snow! That is a sure sign of the end of the world!

Boxytheboxed
January 4th, 2008, 11:10 AM
yeah i know, but i still want to see snow

Magnus
January 4th, 2008, 12:05 PM
We got some snow last night for the first time in a long time. Although the rain came this afternoon and it's pretty much cleared away.