Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: FSL 3.0 challenge 3: Take Them Out At The Ballgame

Just for the record, I honestly had no objection to the sci fi twist in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. My having Jones freaking out about it was all meant in good fun.

Sir Patrick Stewart “You know, I’ve sat in a movie director’s office and he’s said to me ‘you’re a terrific actor, I really admire you. You’d be great for this role, but why would I want Jean Luc Picard in my movie?”

Chris Hardwick “What?! Someone said that to your face? You’re a Knight now. You should run him through with a broadsword.”

-- form the Nerdist podcast, number 121 at 32:15

Gamertag
    GopherGooGuru
    Twitter
    ShooterGWC

Quote Originally Posted by Solai View Post
    by Ewok you mean Goth chic with Daddy issues, right? Right?
    Whatever you have to tell yourself to be able to look in the mirror each day I'll go along with. It totally was an Ewok not a Goth chick with Daddy issues
    Mal “The wheel never stops turning, Badger.”
    Badger “That only matters to the people on the rim.”

Firefly, “Serenity” 2002

----

DefaultProphet: "Tron is a Superhero" Twitter March 2, 2011 http://twitter.com/#!/DefaultProphet...12010703048704

----

Twitter
    sithwitch

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
    Whatever you have to tell yourself to be able to look in the mirror each day I'll go along with. It totally was an Ewok not a Goth chick with Daddy issues
    What about a Goth Ewok with Daddy issues? "Yub nub." *smokes a clove cigarette, listens to the Bauhaus*

Gamertag
    GopherGooGuru
    Twitter
    ShooterGWC

Quote Originally Posted by ThotFullGuy View Post
    Just for the record, I honestly had no objection to the sci fi twist in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. My having Jones freaking out about it was all meant in good fun.
    I didn't think anything differently. As coco mentioned:

Quote Originally Posted by coco View Post
    LMAO. Best failed mission ever.
    It was a very good story indeed!

~Shooter Out

Firefly, “Serenity” 2002

----

DefaultProphet: "Tron is a Superhero" Twitter March 2, 2011 http://twitter.com/#!/DefaultProphet...12010703048704

----

Gamertag
    GopherGooGuru
    Twitter
    ShooterGWC

Quote Originally Posted by Sithwitch View Post
    What about a Goth Ewok with Daddy issues? "Yub nub." *smokes a clove cigarette, listens to the Bauhaus*
    You had me at "Yub nub."

Firefly, “Serenity” 2002

----

----

Gamertag
    MightyPoohbah
    Twitter
    SolaiGWC

Quote Originally Posted by Sithwitch View Post
    The Ewok stares at you coldly, its black clothes loosely draped over its black coat clearly dyed that color

"Yub nub? Yub nub is for posers, slaves to the man"

<hairflip>

<smoke exhale>

Twitter
    sithwitch

Goth Ewok says: "Celebrate the light? I AM OF THE DARK."

Would an Emo/Ewok be an Emok?
    My Patronus is a Chocobo.

Gamertag
    Atari 2600
    Twitter
    frakkintalos

Team Frakas

Hero: Black SpyHero: Guybrush Threepwood
    Nemesis: White SpyNemesis: LeChuck

Black spy peered through his catcher's mask at the Death Star as it loomed over the horizon of the stadium. Shuttles traveled back and forth between the space station and the docking platform located in the right field bullpen. The Empire’s efficiency was impressive and formidable against an enemy with profuse numbers but would be defenseless against one mad man.

Tallying the frequency as each shuttle arrived and departed, Black spy adjusted his chest protector and crotched behind home plate. As he descended, Black spy attached a small explosive to the leg armor of the Imperial Stormtrooper in the batter’s box. Once again he was undetected. He placed his mitt in a position to obscure the trooper’s vision and then giggled to himself. The stormtrooper probably couldn’t see anything in that helmet. Black spy lowered his free hand and flashed the signs to the pitcher.

White spy stood on the pitcher’s mound and acknowledged the sign from Black spy by touching the brim of his cap. He grasped the baseball in his mitt with his throwing hand loosely. He emptied his mind and started the wind-up. The ball launched from his hand and gained velocity racing toward Black spy’s expecting catcher’s mitt.

The Stormtrooper braced and shifted his weight. The bat he held swung and connected with the approaching baseball, changing its trajectory. The ball propelled into the sky. The trooper dropped the bat and ran down the painted line toward the white rubber coated canvas bag to the right of the pitcher’s mound. Before the ball landed on the outfield grass, the explosive attached to the Stormtrooper’s armor ignited. The trooper’s leg violently detached from his body. The rest of him collapsed to the ground and passed out from the pain.

Guybrush Threepwood witnessed the spectacle for the fifteenth time, “Huh. Those guys are more gullible than fans who continue to purchase the same film series released on different media formats.” The self-proclaimed mighty pirate approached the tranquil baseball and extracted it from the pillow of grass. Guybrush arced his arm flimsily and threw the baseball toward the infield.

LeChuck barked for the fifteenth time, “You throw like a field-prancing, flower-sniffing wench.”

Guybrush retorted, “Yeah. That doesn’t get old after fifteen times.”

LeChuck belly-laughed, “Not for me, Tulipwood.” The demon pirate retrieved the baseball as it rolled lazily into the infield. He lumbered over to the fallen Stormtrooper and tagged its maimed body. The umpire raised his right arm and bellowed, “Yeeerrr out.”

The grounds crew exited the dugout and removed the remains of the Stormtrooper. They placed the remnants on the flatbed of a utility vehicle. They drove the mangled mess to the rest of its fallen comrades piled beyond the left field fence.

The Dark Lord of the Sith argued foul play to the umpire, “You have failed me for the last time, once again.”

The umpire explained, “I’ve searched their catcher every time you’ve protested and found no foreign substance.”

“Then how do you explain the mountain of Imperial Stromtrooper parts in left field?”, Vader growled.

The umpire shrugged, “They’re your team, not mine, Lord Vader. Now, Play Ball!” He tossed the ball to the scourge of the Jedi.

Vader held the ball in mid-flight with the Force. It hovered and followed him as he turned and walked up the pitcher’s mound.

Guybrush picked up a batter’s helmet and placed it on his head. He grasped two bats and began to take a few practice swings. He dropped one bat, left the on deck circle and walked toward the batter’s box.

Black spy made his way to the right field docking platform.

White spy monitored a small box with switches and lights he held in his hand.

LeChuck stepped out of the dugout and into the on deck circle.

Guybrush kicked some dirt in the batter’s box and faced Vader, “You know, they say black is slimming. Not so much on you.”

Lord Vader stood dispassionately on the mound. His breathing echoed throughout the stadium.

Guybrush held his hand up to the umpire signaling his desire for some time to get set. He continued to taunt Vader, “And another thing. I’ve always wondered why the breathing thing was so scary. Now that I’m actually in your presence, I know why.” Guybrush waved his hand in front of his face. “Your breath is horrid! Is there some filter that needs to be changed in that mask? Do you have a warranty plan on that?”

Vader howled, “Silence!”

From the on deck circle, LeChuck lechuckled, “It be a pleasure to not be on the receiving end of a Threepwood taunt.”

The ground rumbled as Vader’s anger enflamed. The hovering ball shot toward the batter.

Guybrush expected Vader’s retaliation and braced himself for the impact. He turned his back to the encroaching projectile. Prior to his at-bat, he took Black spy’s chest protector and positioned it to cover the seat of his pants and lower back. The ball hit the cushion and bounced away.

The crowd collectively gasped as Guybrush fell to the ground. The umpire threw up his hands calling time out and signaled a warning toward the Dark Lord and both benches. The umpire stood over Guybrush, who sold his part perfectly. Guybrush got to his knees holding his back. The umpire questioned with concern, “Are you alright, son?”

Guybrush feigned a cough, “I’ll be alright.” As he got to his feet and made his way to first base, the crowd burst into applause. Guybrush stood on the base and leaned over with his hand on his back.

Black spy returned from right field. A shuttle lifted off and headed toward the space station.

LeChuck stepped into the batter’s box.

Vader forced the baseball to home plate and Guybrush broke into a run toward second base.

LeChuck squared into a bunt stance. He caught the ball with the bat and it dropped onto the grass softly. LeChuck dropped the bat and made his way to first base.

The Stormtrooper behind the plate jumped out of his crotch and went to pick up the bunted baseball. As he leaned over to grab the ball, White spy flipped a switch. The trooper exploded.

Vader watched another trooper fly into pieces. The Dark Lord grabbed the ball with the Force and threw it to the Stormtrooper at first base. White spy flipped another switch. The trooper at first base burst into flames. The baseball sailed into right field.

Guybrush rounded third base.

Darth Vader lifted a foot off the ground and floated toward home plate. He forced the ball from right field as the outfield erupted into a minefield.

Vader and Threepwood converged. Guybrush dove under the black cape and touched home plate before the ball reached within the grasp of Vader.

The umpire threw his arms apart, “SAFE!”

The crowd cheered. The scoreboard recorded its first run.

Suddenly, there was a flash in the sky and the ovation died.

The next day, the SPORTS headline read:

Empire defeated – Game called on account of debris

Gamertag
    MightyPoohbah
    Twitter
    SolaiGWC

Kudos go to 'talks for posting his entry long after FSL 3.0 had closed. That is the awesome and truly what GWC is all about.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234