Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newest converted geek

Twitter
    Temperal

Default Newest converted geek

So haven't had much time to watch the Doctor lately. New job and all. Well this week I have been plowing through a lot. I finished the Martha Jones series. Watched The Voyage of the Damed. Watched about half of the Donna Noble episodes. The room got a bit dusty during The Doctors Daughter. Next up for me I get to meet River Song. I am so looking forward to it.
    He stole my balloons.

Twitter
    Temperal

On the cusp of Matt Smith. A new Dr. Just when u was really getting attached to David Tennant's Dr. Soon I will get caught up on all the episodes.
    He stole my balloons.

Twitter
    Temperal

I've made it to Matt Smith finally. Well I am a fan of Amy Pond, not so sure about the new Doc yet. Might just need to watch some more.
    He stole my balloons.

Twitter
    EagleCatGWC

Quote Originally Posted by Temperal View Post
    I've made it to Matt Smith finally. Well I am a fan of Amy Pond, not so sure about the new Doc yet. Might just need to watch some more.
    Give him time, his style is infectious.

Go Dragons!!!

Twitter
    Temperal

I am 19 episodes away from being totally caught up on the Dr. So I am ok with the 11th Dr. But still prefer the 10th. Gosh I have such a crush on him. LOL No serious. The Ponds are good they make the show more for me. Can't wait to actually get fully caught up then. I am going to read the TNG Who crossover.
    He stole my balloons.

Gamertag
    TheDigitalMonk
    Twitter
    keirhansen

I am 19 episodes away from being totally caught up on the Dr. So I am ok with the 11th Dr. But still prefer the 10th. Gosh I have such a crush on him. LOL No serious. The Ponds are good they make the show more for me. Can't wait to actually get fully caught up then. I am going to read the TNG Who crossover.
    It's a wonderful journey, to be certain, and I'm so glad you're investing the time in this.

As much credit as I give to Smith as an actor, and portrayer of The Doctor (and more given with recent episodes, as I've discussed with many Whovians of late), Tennant was just stellar. His whimsy and humor was reminiscent of Tom Baker's 4th, his brooding was an excellent transition from (or with) Eccleston's 9th, and so many of his acting choices from scene to scene were unlike anything we could predict.

I'd be curious to find out how many classic Who enthusiasts may claim (or secretly admit to themselves) that, despite their long-running histories with the show, that 10th is "their Doctor".
    "He who strikes the first blow, admits he has lost the argument." -- Chinese Proverb

"The universe is under no obligation to make sense." -- Robert Kirshner Ph.D., Harvard University Department of Astronomy

** Survival Stats: GWC International Meetup 2012, 2013 | GWC Rochester | GWC Phoenix | GWC Boston | GWC NYC

Twitter
    Temperal

I am about to embark on a grand watch of all the classic episodes I have acquired. 26 years of the Doctor to watch. Who will become my favorite. Stay tuned to same Who time same Who channel to find out reports from the TARDIS.
    He stole my balloons.

Twitter
    Temperal

I need a good sonic screwdriver prop for the doctors. I have the universal remote control for the 11th Doctor. Can't wait to use it to control my tv. Now I want some good props to run around the world with.
    He stole my balloons.

Twitter
    Temperal

Peter Capaldi, what can I say. I seem to love this Doctor for some reason. He's got a great air about him.. He fits the role of serious angry Doctor. Someone who is searching for his new identity in his new life. Gone is the silly Doctor of Matt Smith (Sad face). Each incarnation of the Doctor has something special to offer. I've learned that from Watching William Hartnell. I am enjoying watching as much of the Doctor as I can.
    He stole my balloons.

Alpaca Prime Scott the Hockey Guy's Avatar
    Twitter
    ScottTHG

Peter Capaldi, what can I say. I seem to love this Doctor for some reason. He's got a great air about him.. He fits the role of serious angry Doctor. Someone who is searching for his new identity in his new life. Gone is the silly Doctor of Matt Smith (Sad face). Each incarnation of the Doctor has something special to offer. I've learned that from Watching William Hartnell. I am enjoying watching as much of the Doctor as I can.
    Me too.... Capaldi has been AMAZING this season (and it's been my favorite season so far.....but to be fair this is the first season that we're watching as it goes and not through Netflixing), even the re-invention of Clara this season has been fantastic!
    (I was smck40, but unlike George Lucas, when I write something you can't speak I change...and upgraded....the username!)

"How come EVERYONE can do an awesome rendition of 'All Along the Watchtower'....except for Bob Dylan who wrote the damned song??"

/insert well placed and timed mumbling here!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12