Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. 1.04 Eye-Spy **** SPOILERS ****

Gamertag
    GopherGooGuru
    Twitter
    ShooterGWC

Default Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. 1.04 Eye-Spy **** SPOILERS ****

Episode Summary from en.wikipedia.org:

There have been a series of thefts throughout the world that are almost impossibly premeditated. Coulson and his team investigates and he uncovers the identity of the thief: his former protégé, Akela Amadour (Pascale Armand). Coulson had presumed her dead and does not believe she is capable of turning on S.H.I.E.L.D., despite May's argument that she is nothing more than a weapon. The team nearly catches up to her, but she manages to evade them. They soon find out she is being controlled through a camera in her eye (with X-Ray backscatter functions) which has a fail-safe bomb in case she defects. Coulson takes her to the Bus and hijacks her feed so Ward can take over her new mission while they take out the bomb. Coulson catches up to who he thinks is the mastermind behind Akela's thefts, but the man is quickly killed through a similar device to Akela's. Akela is taken away by S.H.I.E.L.D. officers, though May promises her she will have a fair trial. Before she goes, Akela tells May something seems different about Coulson. Afterwards, Fitz is playing blackjack with Ward and taunts him as they play. What Ward doesn't realize is that Skye is about to use the glasses he used to simulate Akela's vision until Skye tells Fitz she'll see him without clothes and he leaves. She turns them on anyway to check out Ward.

Please use this thread to discuss the series' fourth overall and first season fourth episode Eye-Spy. Rule: Please keep spoilers limited to those revealed during the series up to this episode only.
    Last edited by Shooter; October 16th, 2013 at 08:17 PM.
    Mal “The wheel never stops turning, Badger.”
    Badger “That only matters to the people on the rim.”

Firefly, “Serenity” 2002

----

DefaultProphet: "Tron is a Superhero" Twitter March 2, 2011 http://twitter.com/#!/DefaultProphet...12010703048704

----

Gamertag
    starsaber 222
    Twitter
    starsaber_222

I definitely got a Clark Kent vibe from Ward during his infiltration of the facility. And a big laugh out of "Seduce Him"

Gamertag
    GopherGooGuru
    Twitter
    ShooterGWC

Ratings are just in for this week. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. earned a 7.68 rating for this episode, down slightly from last week's 7.87 but leveling off from the drop following the premiere episode's 12.12 rating.

Firefly, “Serenity” 2002

----

DefaultProphet: "Tron is a Superhero" Twitter March 2, 2011 http://twitter.com/#!/DefaultProphet...12010703048704

----

Twitter
    MikeG_3

This was a pretty good episode. Seems like the show might start to settle into a grove.

"I can do this all day." -Steve Rogers
    "The truth points to itself" - Kosh, Babylon 5, "In the Beginning"

Gamertag
    MediaDuo (PS3)
    Twitter
    Neilisntwitty

Quote Originally Posted by Starsaber View Post
    I definitely got a Clark Kent vibe from Ward during his infiltration of the facility. And a big laugh out of "Seduce Him"
    Totally agree on both points.

This was probably my favourite episode so far. A bit more gritty with the theft, and lots of unanswered questions about who was the organization pulling the strings with tech ten-years ahead of S.H.I.E.L.D., and what the alien tech on the white-board was.

Skye dropping the clip out of the pistol was a groaner, as the set up in the discussion about her (lack) of proficiency in handguns was waaaay too blunt and predictable.

I think I liked the overall "spy-fi" vibe of this episode with the infiltration of the facility. It we're not going to get supers duking it out, or at least S.H.I.E.L.D. taking down supers (next episode from the looks of it), then high-tech spying is all good.
    “Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.”
    ― Terry Pratchett, Thief of Time

Gamertag
    starsaber 222
    Twitter
    starsaber_222

Quote Originally Posted by Amberite View Post
    Skye dropping the clip out of the pistol was a groaner, as the set up in the discussion about her (lack) of proficiency in handguns was waaaay too blunt and predictable.
    I missed that. Must have been right at the beginning.

EDIT: Oh, I heard the reference, but I thought you meant it actually happened on screen.
    Last edited by Starsaber; October 17th, 2013 at 05:01 PM.

Gamertag
    MediaDuo (PS3)
    Twitter
    Neilisntwitty

I missed that. Must have been right at the beginning.

EDIT: Oh, I heard the reference, but I thought you meant it actually happened on screen.
    Skye fumbled with a handgun when Akela was driving towards the van with her and Fitz & Simmons in it and she ejected the clip right before the van ploughed into them.
    “Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.”

Gamertag
    MediaDuo (PS3)
    Twitter
    Neilisntwitty

Default Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. 1.04 Eye-Spy **** SPOILERS ****

Two bits of the Coulson mystery to note in this episode. They made a big point of the whole concept of muscle memory in this episode, while constantly showing that Coulson's muscle memory with regards to handling the handgun was gone

Also, Akela said "what did they do to him". Now, she had back scatter X-ray and likely would have been able to tell right away if he was an android aka LMD. If that was the case I think she would have said "what IS he".

I'm changing my vote on the Coulson mystery to clone. Heck, Tahiti is a magical place...

Gamertag
    GopherGooGuru
    Twitter
    ShooterGWC

Oh yes. Definitely Clark Kent vs Georgi La Forge on the glasses. They telegraphed the "seduce him" through the no help comments. I feel like they could have done more with it, but it was good for a chuckle.

Firefly, “Serenity” 2002

----

----

Gamertag
    GopherGooGuru
    Twitter
    ShooterGWC

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
    Ratings are just in for this week. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. earned a 7.68 rating for this episode, down slightly from last week's 7.87 but leveling off from the drop following the premiere episode's 12.12 rating.
    Adjusted ratings hold Agents Of Shield at 7.85 - only down .02 from last week.

Firefly, “Serenity” 2002

----

----

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast