Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. 1.10 The Bridge **** SPOILERS ****

Unintentional easter egg in this episode...

Kotaku: That Sure Looks Like Mass Effect Art in Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD (for the more convincing caught red handed animation)
    eurogamer: Marvel's Agents of Shield spotted using Mass Effect 3 concept art (w/ Bioware's chuckle tweets)
    Pass the Sugar in 2013: Any Highway You Want

Gamertag
    The5thHorseman
    Twitter
    WesleyC

Wow that's pretty blatant. I hope they got permission for it, or some proof that whoever submitted it as their own work lied to them.
    Check out Pulp Audio Weekly, where middle aged geeks talk about crap they like!
    Read my book, The Log of the Crimson Lien.

Alpaca Prime Scott the Hockey Guy's Avatar
    Twitter
    ScottTHG

Did everyone else give up on this show??? I hope not....it seems to be gaining steam I swear!!!
    (I was smck40, but unlike George Lucas, when I write something you can't speak I change...and upgraded....the username!)

"How come EVERYONE can do an awesome rendition of 'All Along the Watchtower'....except for Bob Dylan who wrote the damned song??"

/insert well placed and timed mumbling here!

Gamertag
    MediaDuo (PS3)
    Twitter
    Neilisntwitty

I'm still watching, but my wife has given up, so I try and find time to watch when she's not excited to see something else. Seeds was interesting, but didn't keep me on the edge of my seat. It was neat seeing the SHIELD Hogwarts, but I didn't fully buy into it.

Lots of the articles online recently have been pointing to more named heroes being brought in, with the big reveal that Mike Peterson is
    Spoiler:
    Deathlock
    which is kinda cool.

The problem is that I keep looking at how Arrow is pulling off a comic-book tv show, and fairly or not, comparing it. We're getting awesome heroes and villains, great action, and a lead character that I care about and am rooting for.

/sigh - still watching though...
    “Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.”
    ― Terry Pratchett, Thief of Time

Twitter
    ScottTHG

your spoiler was confirmed at the end of the last episode....my GF LOVES the show and it's one of the shows we watch together (along with Helix which is FREAKY ), I'm enjoying it...but it doesn't feel "special" least now it feels like its building towards something at least
    (I was smck40, but unlike George Lucas, when I write something you can't speak I change...and upgraded....the username!)

"How come EVERYONE can do an awesome rendition of 'All Along the Watchtower'....except for Bob Dylan who wrote the damned song??"

Gamertag
    MediaDuo (PS3)
    Twitter
    Neilisntwitty

Lol, yeah, I actually watched it last night with sweetie and she actually said that it seemed like it was getting better.

I saw one more rumour on the internet re:
    Spoiler:
    Skye actually being Jessica Drew/Spiderwoman or a Kree
    but I'm not sure I believe it. While it would be cool-ish, I think it's stretching.

I would like to see some more typical SHIELD characters move into the TV universe though. While we aren't going to get Black Widow anytime soon, they could totally bring long-time SHIELD agent Bobbi Morse AKA Mockingbird. Her character fits with the universe and would be a good bridge between the cinematic universe and the TV universe.
    “Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.”
    ― Terry Pratchett, Thief of Time
  • Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Gamertag
    GopherGooGuru
    Twitter
    ShooterGWC

Quote Originally Posted by Scott the Hockey Guy View Post
    Did everyone else give up on this show??? I hope not....it seems to be gaining steam I swear!!!
    Nope. I didn't. I've been watching all along. It's developing nicely. Even though it's not the movie Marvel Universe that I like it's a decent scifi-ish show on TV in this day and era where no space scifi shows are on TV.
    Mal “The wheel never stops turning, Badger.”
    Badger “That only matters to the people on the rim.”

Firefly, “Serenity” 2002

----

DefaultProphet: "Tron is a Superhero" Twitter March 2, 2011 http://twitter.com/#!/DefaultProphet...12010703048704

----

Gamertag
    GopherGooGuru
    Twitter
    ShooterGWC

Quote Originally Posted by Amberite View Post
    I'm still watching, but my wife has given up, so I try and find time to watch when she's not excited to see something else. Seeds was interesting, but didn't keep me on the edge of my seat. It was neat seeing the SHIELD Hogwarts, but I didn't fully buy into it.

Lots of the articles online recently have been pointing to more named heroes being brought in, with the big reveal that Mike Peterson is
    Spoiler:
    Deathlock
    which is kinda cool.

The problem is that I keep looking at how Arrow is pulling off a comic-book tv show, and fairly or not, comparing it. We're getting awesome heroes and villains, great action, and a lead character that I care about and am rooting for.

/sigh - still watching though...
    Personally I like both shows and both shows do very different things for different audiences. But the fact that we can peer into the comic booth superhero world through live-action television shows is pretty awesome.

For what it's worth I completely agree with Stephen Amell's comments on the subject seen HERE.
    Mal “The wheel never stops turning, Badger.”
    Badger “That only matters to the people on the rim.”

Firefly, “Serenity” 2002

----

DefaultProphet: "Tron is a Superhero" Twitter March 2, 2011 http://twitter.com/#!/DefaultProphet...12010703048704

----

Twitter
    ScottTHG

Good, I'm glad to see this show has a pulse on here (side note...anyone watching Helix, the new Ron Moore show? ....my Gods )...it's funny with the Arrow comparisons because my GF is getting me into Arrow....we're going to watch more of it once we finish off Caprica and Blood n Chrome together so she's seen all the BSG stuff as well

I don't really see parallels myself (yet).... Green Arrow was never as relevant in the DC-U as SHIELD seems to be in the Marvel Universe and SHIELD seems more ok with being part of the public eye, while Arrow wants to go the other way, I'm glad that Marvel's starting to bring more Marvel characters into the series....it needs the connection badly with the Marvel stuff rather then being its own lil Island....wonder if/how they will tie in to the Captain America movie coming up.....

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12