Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: The Expanse (Syfy 2015)

Twitter
    NothingButRain

Thanks for the links - interesting reading.

Really looking forward to season 2.

Gunney Bobbie Draper

[IMG][/IMG]
    Grab your gun and bring in the cat.
    Let's be about it. (Honor Harrington)
    I love this ship. I have from the first moment I saw it.
    Better the illusions that exalt us, than 10,000 truths. (A. Puskin)

EW: The Expanse: Exclusive intel and first look at fan favorite Bobbie Draper 7/13/16

Better biggerer production stills should become available once Entertainment Weekly's exclusive expires.

Gamertag
    silverknight515

Definitely excited for Season 2. Season 1 felt like it cracked open so many doors but we only got a few brief glimpses through each one, hopefully Season 2 will shed some more light on the characters and the setting. I feel like alot of the secondary actors didn't get as much screen time as I would've liked, so I'm very interested in seeing more of Jared Harris' and Chad Coleman's characters and what they've got going on behind closed doors...
    "I've always wanted to fight a desperate battle against incredible odds..."

Gamertag
    Atari 2600
    Twitter
    frakkintalos

I have to say. I watched the first few episodes and I was not hooked. I actually feel asleep during them. Could be because I was exhausted but... anyway, I didn't get it but more important I hated the advertisement, "Battlestar Galactica meets Game of Thrones." Ugh. I believe that's what bugged me most about it. Also, I had a problem with Miller's motivation to save this rich girl. Was he bored with his current situation? Was he just creepy and wanted to help a hot chick? Was he in it for the money? I felt like it was one of those, "If you only read the book, you'd understand."

So, I skipped this show.

Then, folks started asking me if I had seen "The Expanse"? I responded exactly what you just read above.

FF'd to last month. The Expanse was on Amazon Prime so I gave it another shot. What got me hooked: Shohreh Aghdashloo's performance; the characters, and anything Martian. I especially love Gunny Honey Bunny!! She would so kick my ass oif she heard that (and I would love every moment). It definitely has a Firefly vibe more than Game of Thrones or Battlestar. I still feel there are a lot of winks and nods to the books. Not having read them, I cannot confirm that. That being said, I'm a fan checking it out week-to-week.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415