Thread: Syfy's 'Defiance' Canceled After Three Seasons

Default Syfy's 'Defiance' Canceled After Three Seasons

THR: Syfy's 'Defiance' Canceled After Three Seasons 10/16

Deadline: ‘Defiance’ Canceled By Syfy After 3 Seasons 10/16

Along with so many very best things, some of Bear's very best music was poured into this show, lock, stock, heart and soul. R.I.P. Defiance. Love you cast. Frak you Syfy. So Say We All. Here, Paula Yoo, Defiance supervising producer and staff writer, plays the main theme.

KICK IT PAULA

Polygon: Syfy cancels Defiance TV show, but game 'will continue exactly as before,' says Trion

Relative to PC and mobile, XBox 360/PS3 still do not offer a great many Free To Play titles, so Defiance remains a big fish in that small pond. YouTube is seeing as many Let's Play Defiance videos at the moment than it ever has. There's a big community push to 'next gen' defiance's engine for Xbox One/PS4/and especially PC. XBox 360 games will be running on Windows 10 and DirectX 12 in the future and, just maybe, PC Defiance already has the largest player base of all the platforms. Trion has stated they 'want to' upgrade the engine without making any commitments.

Alpaca Prime Scott the Hockey Guy's Avatar
    Twitter
    ScottTHG

A shame....but I don't know where they could have possibly gone with how Season 3 ended....it did seem like a proper farewell to an excellent show that almost lost me in the season 3 premiere, glad I stuck it out....was one hell of a ride
    (I was smck40, but unlike George Lucas, when I write something you can't speak I change...and upgraded....the username!)

"How come EVERYONE can do an awesome rendition of 'All Along the Watchtower'....except for Bob Dylan who wrote the damned song??"

/insert well placed and timed mumbling here!

Twitter
    NothingButRain

Quote Originally Posted by Scott the Hockey Guy View Post
    A shame....but I don't know where they could have possibly gone with how Season 3 ended....it did seem like a proper farewell to an excellent show that almost lost me in the season 3 premiere, glad I stuck it out....was one hell of a ride
    Sorry to hear Defiance was cancelled. I too was wondering what could be next after the season 3 finale.
    It was good while it lasted.
    Grab your gun and bring in the cat.
    Let's be about it. (Honor Harrington)
    I love this ship. I have from the first moment I saw it.
    Better the illusions that exalt us, than 10,000 truths. (A. Puskin)

Twitter
    ScottTHG

Quote Originally Posted by NothingButheRain View Post
    Sorry to hear Defiance was cancelled. I too was wondering what could be next after the season 3 finale.
    It was good while it lasted.
    Agreed, but at least it had an ending of sorts....the Earth seems united, Nolan gets to play "Dr Who Light" randomly traveling the cosmos in his new space toy (though what in the hell will they have to eat and drink on that ship?)...everyone's stories got completed.....and for that show those were as happy of endings as possible

The only way they coulda done a season 4 would have been to pull a Kara Thrace with Nolan and have the ship re-appear outta nowhere

I wish we coulda had a prequel season to see what happened when the Votans arrived and the impending war after.....
    (I was smck40, but unlike George Lucas, when I write something you can't speak I change...and upgraded....the username!)

"How come EVERYONE can do an awesome rendition of 'All Along the Watchtower'....except for Bob Dylan who wrote the damned song??"

Twitter
    NothingButRain

Quote Originally Posted by Scott the Hockey Guy View Post
    Agreed, but at least it had an ending of sorts.........and for that show those were as happy of endings as possible
    Well said. Totally agree.
    One thing that always upset me, was the ruining of the earth due to the terra-forming.
    Yes, a prequel would have been good.
    Grab your gun and bring in the cat.
    Let's be about it. (Honor Harrington)
    I love this ship. I have from the first moment I saw it.
    Better the illusions that exalt us, than 10,000 truths. (A. Puskin)

Twitter
    ScottTHG

Quote Originally Posted by NothingButheRain View Post
    Well said. Totally agree.
    One thing that always upset me, was the ruining of the earth due to the terra-forming.
    Yes, a prequel would have been good.
    It made the show and was needed for the extra conflict with the Votans, and would be interesting to fully see what happened with it, even a prequel movie would be fascinating....but I doubt it.... hell even BSG Blood N Chrome never got out of the movie phase.... *grumble*