Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Screen shots inside "The Colony"

Twitter
    aaroneiche

Default Screen shots inside "The Colony"

I took some screen shots from last night's episode, just to look at. sorry they're so large. Click for bigger.

The last is my favorite. The return of the original Raider! It looks like in the circle there are both new and Old Raiders. I wonder what that means.

In the first, if you look middle right-hand-side, you can see a Baseship for size reference. It looks like the baseship itself could fit in that entrance no problem.
    Site/Blog: aaroneiche.com

"I want to know everything about this! A fat man gives you presents? Tell me more!" -Sean GWC #346

Twitter
    DStroogie

So very cool. Thanks, sircastor!

Maybe it's just because the design of the Colony is so much for organic and alien than anything we've seen before, but it kind of looks...I dunno, more CGI than what I'm used to seeing on BSG. Everything else seems grounded in a reality we can relate to, even if it is about ships flying through space. But this thing just looks weird, like something you'd see in a video game.

Not that that's bad, but it feels just a bit out of place. Am I making sense here?

That first pic almost reminds me of a Shadow ship from Babylon 5. Creepy.
    The Bartender says to the Time Traveler, "We don't serve your kind here." A Time Traveler walks into a bar.

Twitter
    DStroogie

Holy craaaap! I had to look hard, but I just saw the Baseship in the first pic! That Colony sucker's huge! (I'll restate from my thoughts on another thread that for some reason it reminds me of the squid from Watchmen.)
    The Bartender says to the Time Traveler, "We don't serve your kind here." A Time Traveler walks into a bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Glimfeather View Post
    Holy craaaap! I had to look hard, but I just saw the Baseship in the first pic! That Colony sucker's huge! (I'll restate from my thoughts on another thread that for some reason it reminds me of the squid from Watchmen.)
    Sure is HUGE. Where the frak has it been? What the frak is it - really? The Cylon "home world"?
    Last edited by Old Timer; March 8th, 2009 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glimfeather View Post
    So very cool. Thanks, sircastor!

Maybe it's just because the design of the Colony is so much for organic and alien than anything we've seen before, but it kind of looks...I dunno, more CGI than what I'm used to seeing on BSG. Everything else seems grounded in a reality we can relate to, even if it is about ships flying through space. But this thing just looks weird, like something you'd see in a video game.

Not that that's bad, but it feels just a bit out of place. Am I making sense here?

That first pic almost reminds me of a Shadow ship from Babylon 5. Creepy.
    Yeah, I thought it was a little more obviously CG than I'm used to with BSG. Part of it's the purple nebula in the background, I think. But not all.
    I also see the B5 similarities too..
    G'Kar: What do you believe in?

Na'Toth: Myself, Ambassador.

G'Kar: Too easy an answer. We all believe in something... greater than ourselves. Even if it's just the blind forces of chance.

The Phaeton, Corridor 6-1, in the Western Spiral Arm, orbiting a blue-green planet called Erf.

Without being crass (yeah right -- like somebody's not gonna make some smarta$$ comment on this forum ):

The trippy thing is that the design of the Colony reminded me of female genitalia... the exterior pic has semi-circles around the entrance that look labial... the pic of the interior tunnel looks like the birth canal. Then the ship descends through a small hole kinda like a cervix.

Which is all symbolically fitting -- first, it's the birthplace of the S7; second, Hera is traveling down this big-a$$ vagina down through to the Colony's uterus, where Cavil awaits... she being the seed of the new Cylon race.

Just didn't expect it to be so blatant (or was that just to me? )
    This Very Special Post is brought to you in part by:
    Felgercarb Toothpaste: New Cool-Mint Algae!
    Cottle Pharmaceuticals: It's Medicinal (TM)
    Massive Dynamic: Give Your Kids A Head-Start With Cortexiphan

To Galactica: the best ship in the Fleet.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdamnhero View Post
    Without being crass (yeah right -- like somebody's not gonna make some smarta$$ comment on this forum ):

The trippy thing is that the design of the Colony reminded me of female genitalia... the exterior pic has semi-circles around the entrance that look labial... the pic of the interior tunnel looks like the birth canal. Then the ship descends through a small hole kinda like a cervix.

Which is all symbolically fitting -- first, it's the birthplace of the S7; second, Hera is traveling down this big-a$$ vagina down through to the Colony's uterus, where Cavil awaits... she being the seed of the new Cylon race.

HAHAHAHA brilliant, and very true.

i want to know y the cylon raiders look so much bigger than the raptor.

i wonder if its design will come up in the rdm podcast.
    "The Cylons never asked us what we wanted. Welcome to the big leagues." -Commander Adama, The Hand of God.

Life here began out there.

Currently watching: The Walking Dead s4,
    Looking forward to new seasons of: Game of Thrones, Homeland, Firefly .... , Mad Men, The Newsroom, Shameless (US), BBC Sherlock
    Looking forward to catching up on: 24, The Sopranos

Twitter
    DStroogie

Almost any organic sci-fi ship design ends up looking sexual somehow. The Alien designs by H.R.Giger were supposed to suggest both male and female parts, or so I've heard.

If this thing can FTL jump, that's gotta be one heck of a spatial distortion when it goes. Judging by the comparison to the Basestar, it's gotta be the size of a small moon. Except for, "That's no moon."

Twitter
    armandobayolo

Quote Originally Posted by bigdamnhero View Post

I just thought they'd somehow gotten Georgia O'Keefe to do the design.

Twitter
    thebanite

Default Yeah, I thought it was

feminine, too. Watchmen, again.

I don't think this is the Colony--Cavil doesn't know where it is, but I'll buy Cylon Homeworld.
    So, um, if Boomer gets punched in the head is that an attack on the Temple of Athena? Are you Sharon my curiosity about this? I can't stop thinking about it. I'm just Eight up over it. Can't sleep. Maybe I need some Valerii-an root tea.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast