Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 4.5 is Very Disappointing...

Angry Season 4.5 is Very Disappointing...

Is it just me, or is anyone else on these forums absolutely bored to tears with this final season?

Why does Moore think I or anyone else finds Baltar's dad, Rosalin's sisters, Zak Adama, or back stories that add nothing more to BSG's already-developed characters? Seriously! It's the second-last episode!

There are a million billion loose ends to tie up from the rest of the series... and they waste half-an-hour trying to convince me how much more Baltar should love Six because she was nice to his abusive daddy..? Drum up more sympathy for Rosalin...as she takes a shower in a public park? SHE'S ALREADY LOST HER HAIR AND IS SUFFERING FOR PETE'S SAKE!!! Peak our pseudo-intellectual symbolistic curiosities by having Lee chasing down a pigeon in his apartment back on Caprica...?

What the hell do a crotchety old man, a baby-shower, and a pigeon have to do with the survival of the human/cylon races? Anyone?

The characters are already developed. Why the frack did they just waste a half-an-hour more of our time with absolutely nonsensical scenes that add nothing to the show, nothing to the characters, and answer none of our questions?

There are soooooo many exciting possibilities they could have explored in this last season. What a terrible ending to a great series.

The writers may as well still be on strike.

I'll see it through, of course, and hope that those questions are answered. But I'm glad it's almost over... this kind of garbage is what ruined the last seasons of the X-Files.

Am I the only one who's bored to tears by this last season?
    Last edited by Hack&Slash; March 14th, 2009 at 03:33 AM.
    "What a piece of work is a man. How noble in reason. How infinate in faculty. In form and moving, how express and admirable. In action, how like an angel. In apprehension, how like a god." -Shakespeare

I just don't like the fact that there are a lot of dropped plot lines. At this point in the game the "You will know the truth," is out the window. They are going to give either 2 hrs, of info dump with a big bang. Or 2 hrs of big bang with only one or two things answered.

I liked the flash backs tonight, but not now. This is stuff they could have done a long time ago. Your right they are giving us back story at the expense of the loose ends being left untouched. I honestly believe the writers strike hurt this show. I am probably in the minority here. But for me a lot of the shows magic pretty much ended in season 2.5. I have not been a big fan of the whole final 5 plot line. To me the past 2 seasons have com off kind of as rushed "ohh yeah let's..." while forgetting to address a lot of other issues. Don't get me wrong I still enjoy the show and it's my favorite one on TV, I'm just not a fan of the direction they went at the endgame portion.

Well here's to next week. I have to say I don't think the old man and MANY of the volunteers will survive the assault. In fact i'm getting flashbacks the old Robotech cartoon (that I loved as a kid). When the old rusting shell of herself SDF-1 (space ship) rose out of the lake one last time, to defend the city and save humanity. Taking her skeleton crew and Captain with her as she went out in a blaze of glory.

"Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense."

I completely agree on most of your points. the Caprica flash backs are amazing scenes but they have no place in the story now. they could of done this in season 1 or 2, or they could of done this in 'the plan'.

introducing a bunch of new characters we've never heard a word about or very little (Gaius's dad,Roslins sisters,Zak to a lesser extent) and expecting me to care about their death is utterly ridicolous.

The Phaeton, Corridor 6-1, in the Western Spiral Arm, orbiting a blue-green planet called Erf.

Quote Originally Posted by Hack&Slash View Post
    Am I the only one who's bored to tears by this last season?
    I wouldn't put it quite that way... but I hear where you're coming from.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post
    I just don't like the fact that there are a lot of dropped plot lines. At this point in the game the "You will know the truth," is out the window. They are going to give either 2 hrs, of info dump with a big bang. Or 2 hrs of big bang with only one or two things answered.
    With 2 hours to go, you might very well be right about that. I think it'll be big bang, and no info dump. And then wait for The Plan.
    I honestly believe the writers strike hurt this show.
    I think that might be true... but I'm keeping the faith, anyway.
    I am probably in the minority here.
    Doubt it. I've discovered it's possible to like something despite it's flaws. Example: the movie Sunshine. There are some serious problems with the story... and I like it anyway. I just ignore the stupid bits (like the horror-thriller climax)
    Don't get me wrong I still enjoy the show and it's my favorite one on TV...
    So say we all.
    This Very Special Post is brought to you in part by:
    Felgercarb Toothpaste: New Cool-Mint Algae!
    Cottle Pharmaceuticals: It's Medicinal (TM)
    Massive Dynamic: Give Your Kids A Head-Start With Cortexiphan

To Galactica: the best ship in the Fleet.

Who/what are the Lords of Kobol?

The creators of Lost said that, worst case scenario, they would have a monkey sitting at a desk turn around and face the camera and give an hour's worth of exposition directly to the audience and explain what everything meant in the show. The BSG writers might want to steal that idea.

The wife missed last episode and even though I DVR'ed it for her, I told he she didn't miss anything important. I've seen clip shows with more depth.
    So say we, y'all

Frankly, I can't see how we learn who Starbuck is, find out about the song, learn about the "heads", save Hera, destroy Galactica, see Roslin die, wrap up the cylon story, either save or destroy the human race, reveal the lords of kobal, or find a home for humanity, all in two hours.

I'm worried that we're not going to get any answers, and are getting a Sopranos ending...

if we don't get answers the show should of just ended when they found earth,all these plot points they've set up over the years, for nothing? the entire show would be ruined for me,pretty much.

I am so with you. I am actually feeling cheated. I mean really Fracking cheated. I love the show and will miss it when it is gone, but what the Frack. There better be some major info dump coming. What where the writers thinking, there should have been one answer given in each episode so far. UHHGGGGG

This season of 10 episodes should have been great, I feel we got ripped off.
    "There's hope for you yet." Ellen

Twitter
    LisaMGK

I am still hopeful that next week the writers/creators will come through and give us big bang and answers. I will wait until next week to be "officially" disappointed.

That said, I agree with the posts so far. There is so much to wrap up, I do not know how they can do a satisfactory job of it within a two-hour timeframe. Yes, those flashbacks from Caprica were great, they just do not help us with the answers we are looking for when a show is ending.
    The Old Man did not have to ask me twice: I am on the starboard side of the red line.

I love the 80's!!!

I support Larry '12

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast