Page 136 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136
Results 1,351 to 1,357 of 1357

Thread: "Fitness Club" Thread

Twitter
    trailjedi

Quote Originally Posted by Rolling Warrior View Post
    Just wanted to share some good news with GWC community. I'm a long time listener but a very very infrequent poster.
    My pastime is competing in indoor in-line speed skating. This summer, I won the national title in my age group. The national competition was held in Albuquerque New Mexico and I placed first overall in the Grand Master division. I share this not as bragging rights. I mean, who has even heard of indoor in-line speed and knew there was a national event anyway?!?!?
    I share this as a thank you to the Fit Smart podcast and the entire GWC community. The podcasts have been great motivation for training and eating right and it's pretty cool to see such an awesome community sharing ideas and tips.

Take care!
    That's awesome, congrats!!!!!
    http://edozbicycles.wordpress.com/

Eve Online character Magnus Calvinson
    in game channel GWC
    Stop in and say hi

Twitter
    trailjedi

I've taken up AcroYoga recently, and it's hella fun so I'm adjusting my gym routine to get stronger where I need.

(That's not me)
    http://edozbicycles.wordpress.com/

Eve Online character Magnus Calvinson
    in game channel GWC
    Stop in and say hi

Back in the gym after my illness.. Week one went well, and now beginning week two. And I am loving my new gizmo (no it is not a Mogwai). It is a cyclone mixer, a cup with an electric motor and an agitator. I fill it with the appropriate amount of liquid, turn on the motor and then it forms a 'cyclone' in the liquid; I dump in my powder and whoosh it is mixed. No lumps. That is right, no frakking lumps! I am so happy I learned about these puppies, shakers suck ass, and while mixing my powders with a spoon was less messy; I still wound up with lumps. I am now lump free, and the thing is a snap to clean as well; which is more than I could ever say about those stupid 'shakers'. I bought rechargeable batteries for it so I am set for life. Ohraaaah!! Go Wolverines!
    My Patronus is a Chocobo.

Finished my first four week cycle or 'Phase' on Sunday, and am feeling great. Starting back on week one (sort of) again (just did two days already) and I am seeing a real difference in the weights I used the first time through versus the weights I am using now. If this sounds confusing here is the program for reference- http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/shortcut-to-size.html
    My Patronus is a Chocobo.

It has been a while since I posted here, but it looks like a while since anyone posted in this thread, so hear goes.

Health wise, for those interested, I am a recovering alcoholic (almost 2 years sober) who quit smoking in 2004, had two slips on the cigarettes since, but nothing since 2006.

So I got a tattoo almost 3 weeks ago, those who have me on the book of face can check out the "just done" pics on my album, ink. But had been concerend about my weight, which had risen to 100 kilos/220 pounds/15 stone 10. I was requested to take a BP reading as I had been getting dizzy spells and had gone to the wonderful Finnish Health service for an EKG (all dr visits free, dental visits cost a whole 3 euro, about 4$). It read 178/115, I paniced.

I was, to my eternal detriment, eating about 3/4 pound of chips and about a 1/2 pound of candy a NIGHT. Every gym I have gone to has told me to fix the food but, eecially in recent times, I have ignored them, even seeing the effects dietary changes have had on Chuck and Audra, I *still* igonre them. I took some small comfort in the fact they neither kept me in nor advised I go and get blood thinners or beta blockers right away. This was on Friday, May 9th.
    CORRECTION, it was friday, may 3rd as the preceeding timeline would imply...

They gave me a blood pressure monitor and told me to take it 4 times a day, twice in the morning and twice in the evening at two minute intervals. I took action. I chucked out 90% of what I was eating, no chips, no refined sugar, no bread, amost no wheat (apart form bran flakes in the morning) lots of fresh fruit. As a result of this I have dropped, in 16 days, 5 kilos/11 pounds.. My average BP has dropped to closer to 125/85-90. It is still a little high but I think 20 points off the diastolic in two weeks is impressive.

Most of my exercise is still walking, I am focused on the food for now, but thought I would check in with you lot.

Stay safe.
    Phaze
    on the "For those wondering, chicken with a light marinate and brown rice boiled in lightly garlic pepper salted water" ID
    Last edited by phazedout; May 19th, 2014 at 07:47 AM.
    Everybody has opinions: I have them, you have them. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, it’s nothing. It’s just bibble-babble. It’s like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks. - Harlan Ellison

"A bunch of young offenders develop superpowers, and not one of us thinks of using them to commit crime? Shame on us!"
    Nathan -Mis fits S02E04

Alpaca Prime Scott the Hockey Guy's Avatar
    Twitter
    ScottTHG

Good for you though....getting started is the hardest part.....I can relate....my knee surgery (and even though I was back skating and playing ten days after), the road back to the level of fitness and speed and overall health I was at just seven months ago....it's not been easy....people keep telling me garbage like "because I'm getting older"... and "its doing fine" (long story short on the injury, I was picked in a floor hockey game, had all my weight on the right leg....tore both miniscuses and my ACL....took six weeks to get the MRI to show this....I played through it since it felt better after it was drained, which also lead to the ortho deciding to go with fixing the miniscuses and letting the ACL heal on its own (also fixing the ACL would have left me kinda immobile for two weeks, and when you live alone AND are self-employed....its not an option)...things have gotten better (oddly I skate faster now than I did before))...but the running's been slow to come around, I feel like a scared pylong out there on defense....I still cringe at the idea of contact and trusting the knee, but physical play is 50% of my game...its just been a constant battle to get back where I was and now my game schedule is picking up so I don't have the time to slow build on the treadmill like I'd have liked too (also our awful winter up here didn't help with walks or even being able to get to the gym)....Ive also taken up not only yoga in the last two months to help, but I'm trying these shakeolgy shakes (I had my trainer friend at the gym look at the label and she approves)....I'm hoping the next month or two I see progress.....I'm at least ok now to not need a brace out there (10 days and going on that!).....its just frustrating since I made so much progress out of the box....and I feel like I'm stuck in mud again now....and I gained about 10 pounds that won't go away.... anyone else had to battle back from something similar?
    (I was smck40, but unlike George Lucas, when I write something you can't speak I change...and upgraded....the username!)

"How come EVERYONE can do an awesome rendition of 'All Along the Watchtower'....except for Bob Dylan who wrote the damned song??"

/insert well placed and timed mumbling here!

I have learned lot of things from this "Fitness Club" Thread. Thanks

Page 136 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136